having a problem recording a mix

charlie131

VIP Junglist
dunno if this is in the wrong section......

anyway i've trying to record a mix using cubase and a lexicon mixer which i've just got off my cousin and it's recording fine and its all looking good on the screen but when i convert it and havea listen in i-tunes it sounds real bad lots of distortion with some what sounds like computer noises in the background..
i'm not a real pro on using this recording equipment so maybe its just something stupid as not have hte correct wire in the right place or something like that.... so if anyone can help or give advice that would be appreciated.....

I have no clue about recording in cubase, i use audacity which is free and pretty easy to use.

However, the first mix I ever did, instead of reading through the microphone jack the computer just recorded through its own microphone. So obivously it sounded crap.

Dunno your issue though man, so hard to say.

Ez mate, sounds like your export options arent set correctly. make sure its on 44,100 bitrate with 16 bit samples. i think thats right, im stating that from memory so what ever seems closest to it.

I've been searchin for threads similar to a problem I'm having and this sounds fairly similar..... I'm recording into my laptop (audacity) with a phono to jack wire from my mixer to the laptop
it's recording but it just sounds horrible and distorted.... every time the bass gets loud it's just muddy and horrible
don't suppose anyone has any tips? or is my wire just too rubbish (cost 6 quid from maplins)

two possible solutions....

1. dont plug a line level signal into a mic input

2. turn down input or recording level

Back
Top Bottom