Having a mission recording

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by gilmertthecat, May 15, 2010.

1. gilmertthecat

gilmertthecat Ceej

Bought this Behringer (I know) USB interface thing called the UFO2O2 and it's just not working or showing up on Audacity, no matter how much I fuck around with it. I don't know if it's because I've got Windows 7, or if Behringer are just a bit shit. Either way was wondering if anyone had any other good ideas?

Thought this would be alright

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=43086&C=SO&U=strat15

going straight from the mixer's output to my laptop's microphone jack, or would I just destroy some part of my setup?

Cheers

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

Also get a horrible whine when my laptop's plugged into the mains, but I think this is unavoidable...

2. Do0Bs

Do0Bs Fo Shizzle Dizzle

Yeh you can take a cable from the output of your mixer and plug directly into your soundcard/laptop either into the microphone jack or the line in, depening on which you have etc.

You've got the wrong cable on that link tho, you need a RCA to 3.5mm, try this:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-3-5mm-Jack-Rca-3M/dp/B000FAHG9I

Should be able to find it cheaper elsewhere tho.

Once you got it all connected just select the input port on Audacity and it should record. I use virtual dj which is quite simple to use.

3. gilmertthecat

gilmertthecat Ceej

Cheers man. Much cheaper and simpler option, wish I hadn't been fixated on complications...may try Virtual DJ too...

4. Do0Bs

Do0Bs Fo Shizzle Dizzle

No worries m8, give us a shout if you need any help setting up audacity etc