Have Your Say - The Dark Side & The Beliefs of the Passionate Drum & Bass Producers.

Nedachi

An Infectious Germ of D&B
Hello,

lets discuss dark dnb & the emotions on why you all began producing this D&B style (not Jump Up), keep arguments to a minimum.

Underground for life. :devilslay

Last edited:
Re: Have Your Say - The Dark Side & The Beliefs of the Passionate Drum & Bass Produc

sounds like my exact thoughts apart from when you said theres more "skill" involved in making dark dnb. great passage tho

Re: Have Your Say - The Dark Side & The Beliefs of the Passionate Drum & Bass Produc

sounds like my exact thoughts apart from when you said theres more "skill" involved in making dark dnb. great passage tho

Thank you,

by skill, I meant great difficulty in getting the 'sound' that the darker D&B has to offer, if you compare it too Jump Up & the likes it's obvious on many levels but I don't want too start arguments because we all have different taste & it's like supporting your countries football team. We could rage about who's the best for hours so I wont go there. :teeth:

Cheers for the reading & I'll get on changing 'skill' too 'difficulty' so it's a little more down every bodies alley & doesn't cause a fuss. ;)

i make whatever i want to make. let it be liquid, jump up, tech, experimental. i just do whatever comes up.

and if there is a rapper doing some stuff with me id make some hiphop beats aswell. and if there were a beautiful singer with a nice voice wanting to make an album with me, i wouldnt say no, even if you would call it "sellout".

dunno what youre ranting about tbh. if you dont like it, just dont listen to it and dont moan. i dont like pendulums new stuff aswell, but that doesnt mean i go into every thread the word is dropped and saying theyre shit..

i make what im feelin at the time and rite now it happens to be womps and wobbles

i make whatever i want to make. let it be liquid, jump up, tech, experimental. i just do whatever comes up.

and if there is a rapper doing some stuff with me id make some hiphop beats aswell. and if there were a beautiful singer with a nice voice wanting to make an album with me, i wouldnt say no, even if you would call it "sellout".

dunno what youre ranting about tbh. if you dont like it, just dont listen to it and dont moan. i dont like pendulums new stuff aswell, but that doesnt mean i go into every thread the word is dropped and saying theyre shit..

Never said pendulum was shit, I used them as an example, nor am I crying about it. The thread is partially called the 'Coolade' factor & it's ment for having a little read, sharing some thoughts &not arguing about it what's better and how everyone is a sellout. actually focus on what was written. the above is about finding your style and is jump up producer friendly otherwise people like you will cry about it.

p.s: liking your liquid stuff.

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

i make what im feelin at the time and rite now it happens to be womps and wobbles

put your womps and wobbles on a dutty amen of STFU. :teeth:

Last edited:

can we hear your dark dnb mate?
edit: just heard it.

edit: just skimmed through the whole thing, personally it was all over the place, i dont understand this, it seemed like a skitzo rant, you had a hard time following a true subject matter, or it seemed like it, and then not wanting to argue with anyone, i dont see the point, and as someone mentioned, the incredibly ignorant part about dark dnb being more difficult, you seem close minded and elitist near the end.

im sorry if im kinda harsh, is english your second language? i cant stress how hard that is to read and know what the hell your on about..

also this is the production section start a blog or something man c:

Last edited:

farrrrrrr to much reading for 7.40am. I will read this again later then it might make more sense.

This is history repeating it's self, so, EDIT! :antitank:

interesting..

so im assuming youve done the same thing on another forum and had the same response?

I have to say I disagree with a lot of what you originally said. I don't think that artists breaking into the mainstream are bad for the genre - look at what the new Phace & Noisia stuff is like or what Pendulum are doing to rock festivals. If there weren't people like that all of this would be just some strange inward turned, elitist, inbred backwards thing without any real progress. You also contradicted yourself in many points in there - you said that you only want to make a living with your underground music, which usually is infeasible in anything that is 'underground' as you put it. There are a very very few people making enough money to make a living out of drum and bass and those you mention are probably the only ones who can actually profit (and thus make it pay for new gear/next serato version/laptop). There are top name DJ's who have a day job outside the music. All of this stagnation is just because dnb has been such a niche head-up-its-ass-underground and looking down on most other genres of electronic music. Now it's finally opening up again like in the 90's to other genres and I think dubstep was the best thing that could happen to dnb - something to challenge its stale ideas and make it evolve.

But interesting rant anyway. Very lame to edit it out tho, you talk like a man but are not ready to stand behind what you think.

i kinda disagree with you that dubstep is the best thing to happen to dnb cos there are a few too many dnb tunes with dubstep wobbles wich sound shit

i kinda disagree with you that dubstep is the best thing to happen to dnb cos there are a few too many dnb tunes with dubstep wobbles wich sound shit

really? as much as dub step pisses me off... i don't think anyone has managed to capture that sound and shoe horn it into dnb?

althoug i think dubstep is the gayest thign to happen to dnb a) they started playing it at DNB raves b) it gave birth to the 'drum step' bandwagon... don't get me wrong, there are some sweet drum step tunes out there (ie the one me and freek are working on now) but the majority suck!

what about nero act like u know that bass sounds pretty much like an irritating dubstep bass

eeuehughghgh - why did you make me listen to that!? perfect example of what i mean though, dubstep wobble sounding shit it dnb...

eeuehughghgh - why did you make me listen to that!? perfect example of what i mean though, dubstep wobble sounding shit it dnb...

Lol yea, but nero is a big dubstep producer so hes probs just loading up his dubstep presets when making dnb

i think we have managed it though freek ;)

Back
Top Bottom