Have you heard about Graphene yet?

Wow yeah heavy hitting! love the crispiness of the bass. The snare could perhaps change in timbre over time or alternate long and short hits as it sounds a bit too linear atm.

Wow yeah heavy hitting! love the crispiness of the bass. The snare could perhaps change in timbre over time or alternate long and short hits as it sounds a bit too linear atm.

So fucking true. Been so busy trying to make it heavy and dancefloor that I've totally lost perception of the snare... sometimes it has a "twaaang" over it, but just that...
Thanks a lot for the feedback!

Any feedback on the structure of the second part (from 1.30 and on) there are some bass stabs and changes that I'm not very sure of... :))

I'm not sure bout this1.. I know what you're trying to make, but I prefer some automation on the bass. Even on such a heavy reece thing.. I mean it can still be one long note every now and then like it is now, but you might make it a lot more interesting by doing some filtering on the high end, or adding some sick fx on the high end...

I'm not sure bout this1.. I know what you're trying to make, but I prefer some automation on the bass. Even on such a heavy reece thing.. I mean it can still be one long note every now and then like it is now, but you might make it a lot more interesting by doing some filtering on the high end, or adding some sick fx on the high end...

I get what you mean! Variation in that bass... I'm in that stage in which I really dig myself a constant-solid bass and play with other elements trying to fill the full freq. spectrum.

Guess is kind of own taste! Not saying I won't take it into account, just I like to add reeses and play different basses along the tune (if you hear closely it switches between 2 basses and a high reese layer coming every once and then).

Thanks a lot for the constructive feedback Nucleoid. Btw good track that Noisia remix! =))

I have a problem with my track tho, I don't feel it as energetic and dancefloor as it should be... open question, is it me with the "loop-mong" thing or it's actually that way?

Good track, I really like the snare would like more of that "twang" you where talking about tho! I think the track has enough energy. Eaven tho I love the reverbed, detuned square-stabs... I think you could get some more power in the track by taking off that reverb and really boost the high end of those if thats what you want with the track.

Liked it a lot. Its heavy man :)

I would change the main snare sample entirely, loving the shuffle vibes, i think you can definitely pump some more juice into the bass, It does overall feel a bit static but few little changes and it will sound great.

Neomind you filthy bastard, another banging tune man! Normally I'd say roll of that "ring" of the snare, but it fits with the vibe of the track. The main lead sound is astounding, and the bitcrushed/lowpass filtering that ends the WIP is the icing on the cake.

This is a fine example about how adding subtle sounds/noises at the end of every bar really helps maintain listener interest.

Honestly, I really wouldn't change a thing–especially the snare! It adds a great deal of character.

Cheers.

diggin this quite a lot

basically what everyone else said

There are varied opinions out there! :P would be great if you pointed out... since many people stated it's somewhat not full or not happy with the snare...
Glad that you dig it tho! ^___^

The snare has grown on me leave it in haha it sounds a lot better to me now for some reason.

There are varied opinions out there! :P would be great if you pointed out... since many people stated it's somewhat not full or not happy with the snare...
Glad that you dig it tho! ^___^

yeah sure

basically the mix already sounds pretty fat so i wouldn't worry about that (wouldn't have been surprised if this had been a sample clip put out by a label tbh, the mix is that good)

the drums are rolling as fuck, yeah maybe some variation on the snare would be cool over time (not so it's really noticed, but in such a way that it has changed - maybe a really long automation very gradually changing the pitch a little bit? im talking about something tiny like +2 semitones)

maybe somewhere do like a 2 bar breakdown with just the bass playing and a cool ambient synth stab and then the drums come in again. or something like that just to break it up a bit more (i'm not saying it sounds repetitive, but one or two moments like that are cool to have after 16, 32 or 48 bars or something)

that's about all that comes to mind really, the track is pretty badass

Sounds rather fat!

Mix sounds tight, i would enjoy a little vocal or a sample a few seconds before the first drop and I would also enjoy a change in the main drum pattern at some point or the addition of another drum hit like a cowbell with some dry verb just to really fill out the high end (i fucking love cowbells) but yeah thats just my personal opinion, sounding very very nice.

Thanks a lot on the feedback guys.
Taking into account adding some vocals too... many of you have told me to change the pitch of the snare. I won't change it since it's making what I wanted, which is stressing the listener through the song, it may go up in pitch slightly, not even a semitone in certain parts to create more dissonance (ear stress) but that.

Also will change the duration of it since hearing it always the same length is a bit robotic.

Thanks a lot guys, I love this forum!!! ^___^

Looks like you got plenty of feedback on what sounds good and what does not. I truly enjoyed the song. At first I was not sure of the snare but then I change my mind. The bass is great. You really need to give a tutorial on how you do some of your bass work. You are one of the few reason users that do not sound like you use it at all. Asta laviseta or however you spell it

Well the snare has changed... totally changed for a new one... had a sound crisis! haha.
Now the snare has a feel that I think I'll have to re-do the song with the same sounds arranged in another manner... (it's not uploaded)

Thanks everyone for the feedback! ^___^

And for the bass tutorial, I'll be thinking of it... =)) Thing is I don't know how many Reason users are out there?

Tune is huge mate, really really like it :)

As for reason users, if you made that bass in Thor I'd love to see how you did it :p

Sent from my HUAWEI U8815 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom