Have you ever returned warped records?

Toshminosh

My Dr Feels Good EP arrived today, I was waiting for the full release cos I like the artwork. Anyway both records arrived warped, and it is quite disappointing. Do you think there was a problem with the batch, is it worth sending them back and asking for replacements?

I'm still awaiting for a reply from Technique about returning the ten years of technique Ep. Plate one is more skippy than a kangaroo.

I'm still awaiting for a reply from Technique about returning the ten years of technique Ep. Plate one is more skippy than a kangaroo.

do you think they will be like that from all the shops bro as i wanna bag this??

My Dr Feels Good EP arrived today, I was waiting for the full release cos I like the artwork. Anyway both records arrived warped, and it is quite disappointing. Do you think there was a problem with the batch, is it worth sending them back and asking for replacements?

Depends how warped it is. If its okay to cue and play, then why waste time sending it back and waiting a further week, maybe more? I haven't bought and received any majorly warped records so far (apart from a copy of 'the one' I bought for £1.50), but most of the promo's I get through have the slightest warps and you see the needle bobbin a little, but it doesn't affect mixing it.

If its bad, then I would send it back and ask for a refund and buy from somewhere else. The chances are, if your vinyl's warped its more than likely are all the others with that shop are too.

happened to my housemate. he just rang them up (chemical i think) and they just send another one straight out. didnt even have to send the warped one back.

Probably during the delivery somewhere before it made it to him it was stored in a hot environment, could have warped sometime durin' shipping.

that's a bit of a dirty accusation

true dat...
I could be in the wrong, but as I understand it records are stacked up before displayed for sale or distributed. If a stack of "Dr Feel Good EP's" are in a warm place, then surely not just one will be affected, but the whole lot...

Saying that it could of happened during delivery as someone pointed out above, so for all you know im talking shit. :confused:

yer ive never had any terrible ones but my m8 did the same thing with redeye and they sent on straight away without asking for the old ones...

this must be a major problem for record labels and shops as a whole seeming as vinyl must cost alot to produce and then giving one away cos the delivery man fucked up is a serious issue.

the same thing happens with cd's tho... the cd jewel case is one of the biggest design fuck ups in history. the plastic is too brittle to withstand any pressure. If you think about how many broken, snapped and cracked cd cases u have then think about how many wud be broken when u ship thousands at a time... granted they dnt cost anywhere near as much as vinyl to be made but its only recently that companies have opted to use different cd case designs and materials. such as the dvd soft plastic design.

yer if i was worried about a product i just paid alot of money for (and £12 for 2 vinyls is alot of money in my opinion) i wud no doubt call the store no matter wot

the same thing happens with cd's tho... the cd jewel case is one of the biggest design fuck ups in history. the plastic is too brittle to withstand any pressure. If you think about how many broken, snapped and cracked cd cases u have then think about how many wud be broken when u ship thousands at a time... granted they dnt cost anywhere near as much as vinyl to be made but its only recently that companies have opted to use different cd case designs and materials. such as the dvd soft plastic design.

I can see what your getting at, but the fact is if a CD case breaks the CD is still playable and you can always find a new case for it problem solved. Warped vinyl on the other hand, is just a kick in the balls.

Back
Top Bottom