Have you ever had a positive experience with Traffic Police?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Moskit, Oct 27, 2009.

?

Have you ever had a positive experience with the Traffic Police?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Scotty Chinwanks Fes' hairy Mangina.

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

Well...

If yes, please state in this thread.

If you don't drive, or have never had the pleasure of an encounter with them, or don't particularly care...

Choose option 3. :D

Yours Sincerely,

Andy A.

xxx

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  2. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

yes! a traffic cop told me i was driving the wrong way down a one way street! i was happy for the constructive feedback regarding my driving!
    he just wasn't happy!

3. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

I dont drive so option 3 was the only option for me, although I probly would of chose it anyway.

What gave you the idea for the thread Moskit? Have you had a run in with a Traffic Cop?

4. Moskit

:D

At the weekend I did yeah...

Usually when I have dealings with them, i'm in the wrong, so I can't really grumble.

However, on this occassion I wasn't & the guy was an out & out dick.

Just wondered what other peoples perceptions are & if they have had any positive past experiences, cus' mine, have all benn negative in all honesty...

5. ScottyEightSix

Well what happened?

6. DJ COSHH

DJ COSHH Active Member

Purely negative... These guys get off on trying to get a reaction. There the most up tight and aggresive police I have come across, and what is a cunt with trafic police is there are often judge, jury and executioner all in one.

Even you havn't done any wrong they will still approach you as a criminal.

7. dnb in ya face

dnb in ya face Loud and Dirrrty

I hate them, I once got told I nearly ran an old lady over!! Basically I came off the roundabout and she just walked out in the road, so I slammed my brakes on and managed to narrowly avoid her (good driving to miss her i might add) then as I pull into my driveway a police car follows me. He was the biggest dick Ive ever met in my life, making me sound like Bin Laden! He said he saw me almost hit her and he "spoke" to her and she wasnt happy (he obviously didnt, he wouldnt have had time to stop) so i knew he was lying and trying to scare me so I kept cool with a smile on my face. Then he started saying I had either been drinking or smoking because I was so happy and smiling!! jesus. I tried telling him my side of the story and he stormed out of the car and said thats my last warning before I get nicked!! You just gotta sit there and be abused for nothing basically. I noticed my NWA cd was in the car at the time so as he drove off I made sure it was on "fuck the police" and whacked it up loud! haha :D

8. SLow

SLow Quadrospazzed life-glug

Yup, got pulled for 60 in a 30 6months after passing my test, very sorry officer and got a 25 minute dressing down.

Then got pulled doing 80 in a 40, car got searched too this time but didn't find nothing. Another barrage of apologies and excuses (was in quite a talkative mood) which ended with another nice long talking to.

Then got done by mobile cameras twice in 2 months, 39 mph & 45mph in a 30 - 6 points within 2 years and bye bye license.

Can't really complain though, I got done fair and square.

EDIT: Oh, forgot another night, was in the middle of a spirited drive down a country road, old bill were coming the opposite way and did a u-turn to follow me, then I got stuck behind some old twat in a Hyundai, overtook and thats when I realised they were following and they caught up with me. Breathalysed, checked my tyres and yet another talking to...

9. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

Yes, after my car crash. They cornered off the road, stopped people rubber-necking and interfering, sped up the process of getting us all to the hospital, etc

Traffic cops have other jobs apart from telling us off when we jump a red light.

10. TongueFlap

TongueFlap Flappin'

only been pulled over once in 6 years... and that was for cutting up a copper on a roundabout.. hahah

11. DJ COSHH

DJ COSHH Active Member

This is good obviously.

It's the times when there bored and just decide to pick on you.

I got pulled over as I pulled onto my own drive way.

After speaking with the officer for a while, he then asked to breath test me.. So I ask him why did he pulled me over in the first place, his reply 'Because I can'

I had been obeying all trafic laws etc and driving fine. I see he had spotted me as I pulled up to a junction at the top of a hill, and the passenger really really stared at me. So in one look he decides to pull me :confused:

So I did the breath test, then explained to him this is private property so fuck off (not quite in those words). Which he did after spouting off about being aloud on private property to do his job and kicking my tires a few times.

I also got done for driving with no insurance.. Officers in this circumstance where really friendly and polite, but siezed my car and fined me plus 6 points.. Its amazing how aggresive they are if there after a catch... Yet there smug as fuck if they have already got it.

12. Moskit

Ah, its long Scotty...

I was going to visit my Godson, never driven there before, get to just outside the Village & on a blind corner there is a cop car stopped with lights on, car length gap, then a tow-truck with a smashed up Mondeo on the back, that I assume they had fished out the adjacent ditch...

There is a Mini infront of me, whos been edging round, trying to see if she can get round...

So she goes, very slowly, so I follow her out, but there is something coming the other way, but this idiot carries on regardless & forces the oncoming traffic to stop & reverse!

So I pull into the gap between the cop car & the tow truck, to avoid another accident, or pissing people off...

Copper comes marching over, raps on my window millitantly hard, so I wind it down, thing "what the fucks going on here?"

He says:

- "Did you not see that large Police car there? you know, the one with the flashing lights1" (all sarcastic & aggressive)

So I say: "Errr... Yes... Have I done something wrong?"

- "This is a Police Corden, your infringing MY Police Corden & you can be prosecuted for that... Worse of all, you're infringing MY Police Corden to bully your way through against the BLOODY traffic, i've already got one accident on my hand & now you're trying to cause another!!!"

So i'm like, holding my hands up: "WOAH! Look, I don't mean to be rude, you're obviously in a stressful situation... But are you blind!? Thats what the Car infront of me did & I was pulling in, so as to avoid a situation like that!!! I'm honestly not trying to bully anything & the last thing I would do is infringe a Police Corden, if I had realised thats what it was..."

- "YOU WANT TO BE PROSECUTED THEN!? DO YA!? CUS' ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS STEP OUT THE CAR & I WILL HAPPILY OBLIGE YOU... NO PROBLEM AT ALL! SO WHAT WILL IT BE!?"

Me: "Woah... This has gone way too far... Look i'm sorry if i've given the wrong impression or done anything wrong accidentally, but I would just like to drive to visit my Godson, as i had previously planned if you don't mind?"

- "Good, get lost, before I change my mind!"

Wow! :rolleyes:

Now, if I hadn't got weed in my bag in the back, I would have challenged it & taken his name & number & complained, but honestly... What a complete Penarse, I was fucking fuming for a couple of hours after that!

Abuse of power is surely one of the ugliest & damaging traits known to man.

All I wanted to say to him was: "Look, you're a Police Officer, I respect that & would never undermine it... But on a real level, forgetting that fact & we're just two normal blokes standing here... You're a complete & utter fucking idiot, that really needs to be taught a lesson on basic respect."

But we all know just how far that would have gotten me...

/Rant

13. dnb in ya face

Exactly, thats what I hate, Its the fact they are so bored they just want to pick on someone.

I got breath tested the other day aswell, I had a copper following me for about 10 minutes and he obviously done a check on my car. Because I live in essex and was in Norfolk he thought it was a stolen car. Plus I cut across a lane which would have looked as though I was trying to avoid them but in reality I just didnt have a clue where I was!! We had just pickeed up some smelly sticky icky as well so was well paranoid!!

14. Moskit

Not being funny, but...

You do realise this is probably why they are, the way they are... Right?

It just justifys their actions in their Neanderthal heads mate.

Rise above it & beat them at their own game. ;)

15. dnb in ya face

Yeah i know. I was just really angry, need to find a better way of venting my anger I think. I doubt they heard it anyway just made me feel better. Its just the way he was speaking to me really werent on just cos im young!

I know what your saying though. :)

16. Moskit

I just realised how patronising that post sounded...

Sorry man, I did'nt mean it to come across like that. ;)

Call me a cunt & tell my Grandad ass to fuck the fuck off!!! :D

17. ScottyEightSix

You're a Cunt! Now fuck the fuck off you old, ugly, stupid, twat of a dicking bastard :D

18. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

Don't get me wrong, there have been times when they have been proper cuntish arse pains, but 9 times out of 10 they are like that because a civilian has tried to take liberties, jumping a red light, speeding, improper parking, etc, and these are all things that are there for our protection.
    The cunts officers that abuse their power give the rest a bad name. The officers involved in my car accident were some of the most helpful officers I've encountered, its true that we were severely injured, but that's beside the point.
    Live in China for a month, see the diabolical driving and the lack of police response (and as such, some of the horrendous car accidents that occur), and be thankful you have such a strict system in place.

Want an example? This happened just a few months ago, just 4 blocks from my workplace.

http://www.chinasmack.com/stories/police-criticized-bloody-nanjing-drunk-driving-accident/

19. Fortune^

Fortune^ ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)

I actually had a positive experience. I was sat round my mates and we were drinking bourbon and smoking weed then we hear a knock at the door. open it up and it's this fine ass police woman and she says I've been a bad man sits me down and starts taking off her clothes then, praticallly naked, starts dancing and grinding all over me she had a few beers and whatnot then left after a bit. Fuck knows what it was all about, but the best birthday i ever had.

ALTERNATIVE PUNCHLINE: and then I woke up.

20. TongueFlap

TongueFlap Flappin'

oh i also got pulled over when i was on a jog/run... that was funny.