Have the BBC completely fotgotten about dnb with regard to the essential mix?

I'm gonna stick my neck on the line and say that the Netsky one wasn't too bad. Had some serious wank in there and the mixing wasn't great but there were some decent tunes in there. All in all, I'd rather and average 2 hours of Netsky or C&K than Steve Angello or some other dullard house mix.

Andy or Hype would be good cos they are both wicked mega sick selectahs. Provided Hype didnt do any beatbashing or scratching... gets a bit annoying after a while.

Calibre
Break
Klute
Calyx & Teebee <<< Most likely. A very good shout.

The last dnb esential mix was last July when the Brookes Brothers did it?

In that time there have been god knows how many dubstep and dull house mixes.

And BBC, when you do choose another dnb artist please ensure that it is someone that actually deserves the honour of it such as Calibre or D-Bridge. Not fucking Netsky or Camo & Krooked

here here. I can imagine Kasra will do one soon.

a camo and krooked essential mix wouldnt be too bad tbh, but yeah i get it. And there is pretty much no chance of calibre and d bridge getting an essential mix because they dont actually get daytime radio play

I think there a pretty high chance of getting a DBridge essential mix this year

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 ----------

Has Rodigan ever done one?

Or DJ EZ?

would be hench

both good calls

I think there a pretty high chance of getting a DBridge essential mix this year

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 ----------

both good calls
The only thing standing in the way of this happening is the fact that they both do shows on one of Radio1's main rivals (KISS)

The only thing standing in the way of this happening is the fact that they both do shows on one of Radio1's main rivals (KISS)

Didn't Hype do an essential mix a few years back? I'm sure he did..

While we're at it..

Dear BBC

Would you kindly place all Drum & Bass/Jungle shows on at a decent time. I am not a fuckin Vampire.

Many thanks

$pyto

Didn't Hype do an essential mix a few years back? I'm sure he did..

While we're at it..

Dear BBC

Would you kindly place all Drum & Bass/Jungle shows on at a decent time. I am not a fuckin Vampire.

Many thanks

$pyto

The thing is they actually really think that only Vampires (us) listen to dnb :teeth:

As much as i love calibre if he did an essential mix it would be more or less just his stuff for two hours, would rather somehow who showcased a wide variation of drum and bass. Money's on friction for the next one....which would be perfect

As much as i love calibre if he did an essential mix it would be more or less just his stuff for two hours, would rather somehow who showcased a wide variation of drum and bass. Money's on friction for the next one....which would be perfect

whut...why would he only be playing his own stuff?

That's just speculation but he only ever seems to play his stuff out. He is one of the few producers than has enough good tunes to make that work, but hopefully he wouldn't do that for an essential mix (if he ever got one)

Quote Originally Posted by fractal View Post
That's just speculation but he only ever seems to play his stuff out. He is one of the few producers than has enough good tunes to make that work, but hopefully he wouldn't do that for an essential mix (if he ever got one)

Yeah, he plays mostly just his own stuff AFAIK

Bulletstorm should write a letter to the BBC, complaining about the quality of mixes broadcasted, along with a Soundcloud link to his latest 3 deck mix.

Back
Top Bottom