Have the BBC completely fotgotten about dnb with regard to the essential mix?

DjTiesticles

VIP Junglist
The last dnb esential mix was last July when the Brookes Brothers did it?

In that time there have been god knows how many dubstep and dull house mixes.

And BBC, when you do choose another dnb artist please ensure that it is someone that actually deserves the honour of it such as Calibre or D-Bridge. Not fucking Netsky or Camo & Krooked

a camo and krooked essential mix wouldnt be too bad tbh, but yeah i get it. And there is pretty much no chance of calibre and d bridge getting an essential mix because they dont actually get daytime radio play

I hope there will be a Camo & Krooked essential mix one day. Their radio mixes are always good and so is their 5 minute mashup mix, I'm sure they would smash it. Interested to see what they do out of the 2 hours.
But yeah, a new DnB essential mix is long overdue... I thought the nero one was amazing though, everything fit perfectly and it was very thoughtfully executed.

To be honest, dBridge would be an interesting one. Given the last one was Nicolas Jaar and its one of the best mixes ive heard in a very long time i think its probably for the better there isnt an overflow of dnb.

bbc dont have a clue full stop. thats why they got friction in to do there radio show. its no longer the radio 1 drum n bass show its frictions shogun radio show

^ friction plays music from across the spectrum of dnb, much better than fabio and grooverider were in my opinion.

and ye, i remember essential mix was for artists who had been big in the game for a while, but so many artists have been passed by for some new fad artists its a joke.

a camo and krooked essential mix wouldnt be too bad tbh, but yeah i get it. And there is pretty much no chance of calibre and d bridge getting an essential mix because they dont actually get daytime radio play

How much airplay do Nicolas Jaar, Nina Kraviz, Nicky Romero, Rustie etc get? (these artishs did EM's within the last month)

The essential mix is not about playing artishs who feature on daytime radio 1. If that was the case it would be David Guetta doing it every week

do they ever do mixes spanning different genres, i don't know dj's like yoda, alexander nut, rack'n'ruin, scratch perverts sorta vibe? Rather then just a specific mix focused on only one.

Would like any of these

Total Science
Fierce (past and present themed)
Kasra
Commix / CMX or whatever

None of which are likely to happen, granted. The Essential Mix isn't so much a showcase of the best selectors / talents now as it is a mutually beneficial marketing tool for producer and radio station imo

Certainly only seems to be the 'sellable' dnb acts that get to do it these days anyway.

I imagine it will be Loadstar or Calyx & Teebee next for D&B, whoever gets their album out first on ram

Kasra or Fierce EM would be sick

I'd imagine Andy or Friction are due another one soon, especially now Friction is part of R1

Back
Top Bottom