HATS

D-Jhepz

◕‿◕
VIP Junglist
how do you program your hats, and anyone with experience in different ways which is better/ easier etc...

im having a struggle with the excitement and variety in my hats (i use audio cos using a sampler for me is such a fucking balllllachheeeeee) but i realize that the velocity and all that is where the variety lies, as right now i just stick a slight phase on, and put a low and slightly hipassed shuffle underneath it... but still the hats sound like that are drilling into ur brain like 10000 marching high pitched army guys...

i found this too. as you already said, velocity! i found playing with it helped me massively. also, you cant pollish a turd is highly applicable to hats, you need good samples that work with each other well before even trying to make a pattern, in my humble opinion!

A trick I like to use is to add some subtle triplet delay to the hats, helps give it some energy and rythym. And also like it's already been said, velocity is the key

No mate, just add some delay to the channel, and play with the volume of each hit....

What DAW do you use?

Example.....2 beats here, both identical (havnt done any EQ work, this is just for a quick demo). 1st beat has a standard hat with no processing. 2nd beat is the same as the 1st, with some delay on the hats, and the velocity of some notes changed.

Last edited:
Try adding some slight variations with the pitch aswell as velocity when programming your hat pattern

No mate, just add some delay to the channel, and play with the volume of each hit....

What DAW do you use?

Example.....2 beats here, both identical (havnt done any EQ work, this is just for a quick demo). 1st beat has a standard hat with no processing. 2nd beat is the same as the 1st, with some delay on the hats, and the velocity of some notes changed.

Fletch how u get that snare/clap/click snare? been tryin to get a sound like that for ages

Also I sometimes take the 'snap to grid' setting off my playlist and nudge the pattern slightly to one side so that it gives the beat a bit more of a shuffle.

Back
Top Bottom