hats shuffles rides

Any hat / ride / cymbal loop packs you know of? That would be most helpful, already have a ton of oneshot sounds.

if youve got the one shots just make your own! thats what i do. setup a sampler with say 10 different hat / rides. make say 10 different loops out of them and save them as audio in a folder. then repeat with different one shots. youl have loads of loops that are different but with the same hat samples

Yeah just import them into a multi output ESX sampler or the same equivalent within your DAW. I like to have a random LFO assigned to the pitch so the hats change up or down by about 5 cents or so. It creates a bit of movement although it isn't that noticeable it does bring your drums to life a little.

Yeah just import them into a multi output ESX sampler or the same equivalent within your DAW. I like to have a random LFO assigned to the pitch so the hats change up or down by about 5 cents or so. It creates a bit of movement although it isn't that noticeable it does bring your drums to life a little.

This too, I'd say add the slightest bit of velocity/volume automation on the LFO as well; anything to add those subtle intricacies of human performance will serve you well long-term.

This too, I'd say add the slightest bit of velocity/volume automation on the LFO as well; anything to add those subtle intricacies of human performance will serve you well long-term.

Yeah fair enough. Still if anyone has any hat / ride / cymbal or general D & B percussive loops (not full breaks) i'd appreciate a link. I can make them myself but i'd rather spend my time doing synthesis / sound design / arranging tunes etc. and someone probably already has some mint loops out there.

Much appreciated in advance.

The obvious thing is sample shuffles from breaks. I do this all the time. Slap like 4/5 nice breaks in your DAW, slice and dice the best bits out (y)

Also use Foley sounds (search on Freesound) for extra weird shuffles..

The obvious thing is sample shuffles from breaks. I do this all the time. Slap like 4/5 nice breaks in your DAW, slice and dice the best bits out (y)

Also use Foley sounds (search on Freesound) for extra weird shuffles..

ye I do this too get some gd sounds from this

I wana find the sort of hats and shit that xtrah uses in that new groove something tune

Back
Top Bottom