Hassling Labels :/

Menosance

aka OSOI
VIP Junglist
Hello Guys,

I have been recently sending tunes to labels via their Soundcloud Dropbox (That's the way that these specific labels would to recieve demos) but they haven't yet seen them. I know this because I send the demo as a private exclusive track to them with no plays. The thing is that I've send them the stuff but they just don't notice. I am not gonna name and shame but for example I have sent a demo to a label via their dropbox and 22 days have passed and still no plays.

What shall do? Shall I ignore them and send them to another label? I was also thinking maybe I should send them an email or PM via Soundcloud but I don't want to sound bossy/spammy. These labels are quite serious DNB labels but I didn't expect this kind of 'response'.

Thanks
Meno :)

Hey mate.. You have to think these labels probably get sent 100s of tracks per week, so with promo stuff and dealing with possible resident label artists, they don't get chance to listen to every one.. If you think the tracks are good enough, and your sure they haven't listened, resend them after 3-4 weeks.. The reason why i underlined the sure part is, if they have listened and not replied, then they probably don't feel the track is good/strong enough, so if you then spam them, and they notice you doing it, they will more than likely ignore you in the future.

Hey mate.. You have to think these labels probably get sent 100s of tracks per week, so with promo stuff and dealing with possible resident label artists, they don't get chance to listen to every one.. If you think the tracks are good enough, and your sure they haven't listened, resend them after 3-4 weeks.. The reason why i underlined the sure part is, if they have listened and not replied, then they probably don't feel the track is good/strong enough, so if you then spam them, and they notice you doing it, they will more than likely ignore you in the future.

I know these labels haven't yet heard them because I upload them, set them to private before the upload is finished and drop it in their dropbox straightaway. I do this process in this way so I'll be sure that the first play of the song is played by the label. Also soundcloud notifies you when there has been a play recently. It not the first that I've sent something that other labels have played and they didn't like it.

Last edited:
Soundcloud is tricky because there is too much spam (even shared privately maybe even more so than public :mad:). When you share a track, it helps to send a Soundcloud message or better imo an email containing the link.

Soundcloud is tricky because there is too much spam (even shared privately maybe even more so than public :mad:). When you share a track, it helps to send a Soundcloud message or better imo an email containing the link.

Thanks for the tip. The thing is that I've done that with another label with a different demo and yes, I've send them an email with the link. 13 days passed no play :(

I'm afraid man some labels might just not be interested! It could be your production isn't there yet (don't take this personally, as I haven't heard your tunes so have no idea yet) or might not be what they are looking for!

If you are trying to get your name out there a bit perhaps try a freenet label :)

Thanks for the tip. The thing is that I've done that with another label with a different demo and yes, I've send them an email with the link. 13 days passed no play :(

13 days can be a bit short. I would keep patient at least a month. I once got contacted almost 8 months later and had started the process of putting the material out with another label :mrpanic: (with a cd demo so a bit different).

I'm afraid man some labels might just not be interested! It could be your production isn't there yet (don't take this personally, as I haven't heard your tunes so have no idea yet) or might not be what they are looking for!

If you are trying to get your name out there a bit perhaps try a freenet label :)

Mate the problem is that they haven't yet seen them. I've sent them the links with in an email and in their dropbox and still no response of their play(i.e. they have not yet played the track)

Well theres not much anyone can do there man

One thing, soundcloud stats aren't always accurate and second, I wouldn't recommend keep hassling them

Keep making good tunes and eventually it will be the labels that come to you! :)

Well theres not much anyone can do there man

One thing, soundcloud stats aren't always accurate and second, I wouldn't recommend keep hassling them

Keep making good tunes and eventually it will be the labels that come to you! :)

I haven't yet hassled them. I just move onto another label. Which is what I've done.

well pretty much everyone who has posted in this topic is done all we can do mate, no one here can solve the issue of your track not having plays

sorry if that comes across as really blunt btw dude, it isn't supposed too! But I'm not sure what to suggest/how to help

well pretty much everyone who has posted in this topic is done all we can do mate, no one here can solve the issue of your track not having plays

sorry if that comes across as really blunt btw dude, it isn't supposed too! But I'm not sure what to suggest/how to help

I appreciated all the help guys dw. The fact that you have shown interest in my problem is already enough. Patience is all what I need I guess.

you got a build up a repore with labels... chat to the owner, say hi, dont just go 'ALWIGHT MATE, I HAZ SOME FAT CHOONS YEAH' or even worse yet, not even say anything at all!

if you sent em somethign via their SC dropbox, send a message after saying 'hi, i'm so and so and i am a fan of the label, i have sent soem tracks that i think will suit your sound' so they know you aint just a spammer (y)

as matey said above, dont blacklist yourself by spamming

you got a build up a repore with labels... chat to the owner, say hi, dont just go 'ALWIGHT MATE, I HAZ SOME FAT CHOONS YEAH' or even worse yet, not even say anything at all!

if you sent em somethign via their SC dropbox, send a message after saying 'hi, i'm so and so and i am a fan of the label, i have sent soem tracks that i think will suit your sound' so they know you aint just a spammer (y)

Mate thanks for the advice, I shall insert that in my submission :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^take notice^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this is so correct......Never send a demo straight away, i'd always try and contact a labels artist or managment to say hello, tell them you like what they are doing...anything to break the ice...then tell them a bit about yourself and they may even ask to hear your stuff.

Its the same for me promoting i get people sending demos with not even an hello.....build up a friendship with them first...and your concerntrating on one label, theres hundreds of labels.

Back
Top Bottom