Has anyone managed to fill an entire back catalogue of any single label on vinyl?

Agent Smith

Currently Putins Koala
VIP Junglist
I've started the long process of buying all the Critical releases from number 1 through to the present...

I own all the Modulations back cat, but I was wondering if anyone out there owns a complete back catalogue of a label on vinyl that has more that 10 or so releases?

I used to know a guy called Viny (gave up mixing years ago) who owns all the Renegade Hardware back catalogue. I nearly cried when I saw it.

Anyone?

No but the idea is starting to overtake me a bit. I would love to own any of Soul:R, Metalheadz, Samurai, Exit, Creative Source, Signature, Hidden Hawaii the list could go on. I keep looking on discogs, wanting to pull the trigger but i dont know where to start. Its becoming a bit of an obsession to be honest, if i ever won the lottery i think buying up full collections would be one of the first things i'd do lol

I was very close with Breakbeat Kaos, then they started releasing shit so I stopped buying from them anyway

No but the idea is starting to overtake me a bit. I would love to own any of Soul:R, Metalheadz, Samurai, Exit, Creative Source, Signature, Hidden Hawaii the list could go on. I keep looking on discogs, wanting to pull the trigger but i dont know where to start. Its becoming a bit of an obsession to be honest, if i ever won the lottery i think buying up full collections would be one of the first things i'd do lol

Metalheadz & Signature oh dear lord how fucking cool would that be. Problem is there is sooo many for each label so could be very expensive job + I reckon some of the older Metalheadz bits might be hard to track down.

At least with Critical I own the majority if not all releases since 2008/2009 so not that much ground to cover.

Soul:r might be a good shout mate. Only 60/70 releases deep, I only own a few myself though :/

Not from a label that has more than 10.

I have the complete R-Sound back catalogue, as well as all 2nd Strike Muziks, GB Beats & XXX records' releases :teeth:

A mate of mine used to own all of the Month series, that Formation offshoot

Last edited:
I've started the long process of buying all the Critical releases from number 1 through to the present...

I own all the Modulations back cat, but I was wondering if anyone out there owns a complete back catalogue of a label on vinyl that has more that 10 or so releases?

I used to know a guy called Viny (gave up mixing years ago) who owns all the Renegade Hardware back catalogue. I nearly cried when I saw it.

Anyone?

At the time of the labels being complete so to speak I had:

Soul:r 1-20 on vinyl (switched to digital in 06/07 and own 1-60 digitally (best label around for me))
Signature 1-12 on vinyl (and own 1-18 and all albums digitally)
Revolve:r 1-11 (complete digitally)
True Playaz (yes I'm old) 1-50 (Admittedly 1 or 2 releases shy)
I had most of the early Formation Records
All early Metalheadz up until about 06/07 from VIP001 and then meth02

I did start dj'ing back in 96 and have bought entire record collections from dj's along the way. I once bought a collection off a friend that ended up being over 2000 12" for £500 and it went from 98 (When I bought it) back to 90/91) and it was full of anthems and complete labels!

I was very close with Breakbeat Kaos, then they started releasing shit so I stopped buying from them anyway

Wow thats pretty impressive Scotty...where abouts did you stop?

Not from a label that has more than 10.
I have the complete R-Sound back catalogue, as well as all 2nd Strike Muziks, GB Beats & XXX records' releases :teeth:

A mate of mine used to own all of the Month series, that Formation offshoot

Its difficult isn't it!

How many were on that Month Series offshoot?

I had a lot of the picture discs when they released then did the same as you. I think 8 ball was the last one I bought!

liquid/urban wax, face Records, fproject, brain Records, Anthill Records, On Remand all the P51 that have been released upto now on vinyl a few more too

Last edited:
liquid/urban wax, face Records, fproject, brain Records, Anthill Records, On Remand all the P51 that have been released upto now on vinyl a few more too

Respect to you Disturbd (y)

everyone should definitely have a race to collect the whole critical back catalogue

Its on bro...I think i've got a slight headstart if I am honest ;)

Lol Kasra's sitting reading this with a smile i'm sure

It's certainly a compliment to Critical as a label.
I'd rather he be smiling at a picture of the completed back cat though. Bring it on.

i have the full formation records back cat and all v recordings up to the launch of liquid v

Yes A-Jay that must be some collection! Big ups for commenting mate, you must have a stack of wax

Its on bro...I think i've got a slight headstart if I am honest ;)

the only one that would stump me is that annoying critical sound lp that isnt even that good. other than that i have all the hard ones out of the way. ive got both the blue and black versions of california/atlanta too

Back
Top Bottom