Has anyone got a pair of Mackie mr5 mk2's?

Mish Mash

VIP Junglist
I bought a pair of these from decks.co.uk about 3 months ago but every time I used them they would overheat after about 20 minutes even when they weren't on that loud. I returned them and they checked them in store and it happened again so they returned them to Mackie. Turns out it was a design fault and I think that must mean it happens to all of them. The people at decks.co.uk checked the other ones they had in stock and they all had the same problem.

But does anyone else on here have them and experience this problem? They sounded really good especially for their price, so I'm hoping it was just that one batch that was faulty and that if I bought them again from somewhere else they might work.

Or can anyone recommend some other monitors for around the same price? I no longer have any monitors cos me and my bro used to use his and he just went off to uni and took them so I need new monitors asap!

I used to have the MR8 mk1's a few months back and I never had any problems with them, no heating or anything like that whatsoever, but they're obviously not the same design so can't help you on that.
Maybe you're keeping them too close to the wall? Should be more than 10-15 inches apart

Mackie makes excellent monitors so I doubt they all have the same issues tho..

Some people would propably recommend Rokit 5's or 6's but they don't compare to the mackies imo.. down to personal preference i suppose

I actually had them in the middle of the room facing the decks which were near the wall, so the speakers themselves were nowhere near the wall.

After looking around online for a while I've decided to go with a pair of Yamaha HS80's, got them off Amazon just now for £420 a pair. I've listened to them before in Digital Village and they sounded really good so hopefully I've made the right choice!

Back
Top Bottom