Harmonic Mixing

Sicx

VIP Junglist
Basically, been mixing a ton of house, minimal and electro recently and im starting to wonder about adding real flow to my mixes.
Anyone know any software, other than 'Mixed in Key', that will scan your library for the key info?
Preferably free (or really cheap) seen as im a bum.

you dont need a plugin, just your brain, practice practice practice, blimey there will be no point in having humans djing eventually

I tend to use my ears, and pre-plan my sets to a certain extent. But I think software would be a good help and I have been looking into it, just to make it a little quicker to find the songs that work together as far as key.

ears + brain + practice will always be a faster and more accurate way of figuring out which tracks work together. I doubt very much that a VST would be able to tell you if a track is Dminor7 rather than Dminor, in which case its a pointless thing to rely on imo. but hey, whatever works for you :) have fun

...But I think software would be a good help and I have been looking into it, just to make it a little quicker to find the songs that work together as far as key.

This.
Especially with the massive house library i've got, it would just be so much easier to let the software analyse the tracks for me. Probably sounds lazy and a bit of cheat but I just don't have the time to go through my tracks.
Cheers djmotion, just thinking about getting Mixed in Key to be honest; djmojo, check it out, top quality software.

I just don't have the time to go through my tracks.

i've never got this myself, as a dj for the last 5 years, every track i play is one I love, and I play it coz i love it, i cant imagine not knowing my tracks, ur not the first person to say that tho, diffrent ways of doin things i guess, long as the crowd is dancin its all good!

I'm all up for speeding up track selection tho, espcially if it gives you time to be creative with the mixing!

I can't see what MixedInKey does that RapidEvolution doesn't (and for free instead of 58 USD).

Also the system MixedInKey apparently developed themselves has been around for hundreds of years and known as the Circle of Fifths.

Really all you need is a print out of the Circle of Fifths (Wikipedia) and a piano.

Back
Top Bottom