Hardware suited for Drum & Bass?

LostTearz

Hey, Im relitively new to the forum.
I love producing drum & bass and dubstep. I was wondering if there is any hardware out there that is especially suited for drum and bass?

EG drum pads, that sort of thing

wrong forum and no, theres no specially suited hardware.

welcome to the forums ^^

by that he means that this should be posted in 'production' instead of 'general'. Don't repost it though. A mod will probably move it in the distant future.

And for the hardware, no. You could even hit a kettle with a wooden spoon to make your drums...

A virus ti seems to popular in the scene, hardware wise? I know nothing specifically made for drum and bass, but software I could name a few synths just for drum and bass

literally could use anything but roland , moog and virus hardware synths seem to be quiet popular , and if you want something a little more entry level and not burn a hole in your pocket a microkorg is a good start.

how about NI Maschine?

8ea3ead0066ffc0229d3e5f396eaa446.jpg

you can load vst's into it now!

Last edited:
not 100% but isn't the maschine just a drum machine/midi controller

in that case, you'll get as much of a dnb sound from it as you put in

in terms of actual of hardware, the virus Ti springs to mind, Alix perez uses it for his basses, but costs a fortune

my housemate has a microkorg and you can make some good lead and bass sounds,

but if your only starting out, I highly suggest getting some free VSTs that emulate famous synths and testing them that way

you might not need a TI. The sound engine is still basically the same as in B and C, which cost a lot less. ti integrates with computer, has more polyphony and a few extra effects, but in the end you get pretty much the same bass sound from an older and cheaper one.

i dont know any hardware specially made for dnb but access virus has been industry standard for a long time along with a mackie desk and an emu e6400 sampler.
but you dont have to buy anything you can just download freeware.

get buzz (free). or u-hes ACE (possibly not free but there is something similar that was totally free, ill get back to you when i remember what it was called). their hardware equivalents cost over 1500 euro. theyre modular you see, and modular is cool as crap, with a bit of imagination and resampling you can achieve almost any sound imaginable.

Back
Top Bottom