Hardware or software - How to make this bass?

That simple ey! haha.
any idea if the original is hardware though?

quite likely mate, couldnt tell you which one theres lots of hardware but maybe something with the fm modulation or synthesis? i own a access virus c, ill have go making it when im next in the studio!

Nice a friend of mine has one of those they are very very good!
I had a mess about on serum erlia but couldn't get that warm midrange buzz (i know its not FM) il spend some more time on it later :D

i had a quick go but i wasnt quiet getting it, i think ill try again next time as im interested in having the sound on the hardware

Think ive gotten pretty close to what i wanted now (in serum)
i used the Detune trick, added 10% Bend to both waves, Drive and the used a lot of saturation using the ozone module . sounds pretty cool. cheers for the pointer

Just meant that it's a low passed reese bass (most likely from a synth, not sampled), 2 waves (most likely saws) being detuned X cents apart + a lowpass filter. That's like the 80% of it. The remaining 20% is just fine tuning. like precisely placing the cutoff, so the bass sounds good in a mix, how much resonance needed? vibrato? 3rd random waveform layered within? chorus? reverb? EQ? etc.

Make a reese style bass in a synth :)
The thing is that i didn't want to lose the top end harmonics.
i tried using drive after using the Low pass filter but it didn't sound right. to me
Personally i found that I got a near perfect result from using Native Instruments Rounds (FM) you can really bring out all the harmonics whilst Still maintaining a Chunky low end.

Back
Top Bottom