Hardware or software - How to make this bass?

Discussion in 'Production' started by Morah, Sep 28, 2016.

  1. Morah

    Morah Member

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2015
    Messages:
    73
    Likes Received:
    10
    Hey
    I've been wondering for a while how to make this bass.



    I've come close but it's never as clean. maybe its a hardware thing who knows

    any know how would be much appreciated.

    Cheers
     
  2. mugatu

    mugatu Verva Music

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2012
    Messages:
    570
    Likes Received:
    132
    Location:
    East sussex
  3. Morah

    Morah Member

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2015
    Messages:
    73
    Likes Received:
    10
    That simple ey! haha.
    any idea if the original is hardware though?
     
  4. mugatu

    mugatu Verva Music

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2012
    Messages:
    570
    Likes Received:
    132
    Location:
    East sussex
    quite likely mate, couldnt tell you which one theres lots of hardware but maybe something with the fm modulation or synthesis? i own a access virus c, ill have go making it when im next in the studio!
     
  5. Morah

    Morah Member

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2015
    Messages:
    73
    Likes Received:
    10
    Nice a friend of mine has one of those they are very very good!
    I had a mess about on serum erlia but couldn't get that warm midrange buzz (i know its not FM) il spend some more time on it later :D
     
  6. mugatu

    mugatu Verva Music

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2012
    Messages:
    570
    Likes Received:
    132
    Location:
    East sussex
    i had a quick go but i wasnt quiet getting it, i think ill try again next time as im interested in having the sound on the hardware
     
  7. -agu-

    -agu- Member

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2014
    Messages:
    82
    Likes Received:
    15
    Location:
    Helsinki, Finland
    Low-passed reese...
     
  8. Morah

    Morah Member

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2015
    Messages:
    73
    Likes Received:
    10
    Think ive gotten pretty close to what i wanted now (in serum)
    i used the Detune trick, added 10% Bend to both waves, Drive and the used a lot of saturation using the ozone module . sounds pretty cool. cheers for the pointer
     
  9. Morah

    Morah Member

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2015
    Messages:
    73
    Likes Received:
    10
    Trying to recreate this in a synth rather ran using a sample :)
     
  10. -agu-

    -agu- Member

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2014
    Messages:
    82
    Likes Received:
    15
    Location:
    Helsinki, Finland
    Just meant that it's a low passed reese bass (most likely from a synth, not sampled), 2 waves (most likely saws) being detuned X cents apart + a lowpass filter. That's like the 80% of it. The remaining 20% is just fine tuning. like precisely placing the cutoff, so the bass sounds good in a mix, how much resonance needed? vibrato? 3rd random waveform layered within? chorus? reverb? EQ? etc.
     
    tewky1 likes this.
  11. tewky1

    tewky1 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2012
    Messages:
    1,303
    Likes Received:
    288
    Make a reese style bass in a synth :)
     
  12. Morah

    Morah Member

    Joined:
    Mar 26, 2015
    Messages:
    73
    Likes Received:
    10
    The thing is that i didn't want to lose the top end harmonics.
    i tried using drive after using the Low pass filter but it didn't sound right. to me
    Personally i found that I got a near perfect result from using Native Instruments Rounds (FM) you can really bring out all the harmonics whilst Still maintaining a Chunky low end.