Hardware demo vid

technic1210

''VINYL VINYL VINYL''
VIP Junglist
k maybe stupid question but is that how it used to be done before the days of softare or still is ie a real studio ect cuz that looks wicked fairplay!

filtersweeperVC

filtersweeper
k maybe stupid question but is that how it used to be done before the days of softare or still is ie a real studio ect cuz that looks wicked fairplay!
LOL There still is people who use hardware, I guess you could call it a studio, there's more outside of the camera lens. Depending on what music genre you're into, some studios consist of all analog synths connected by midi cables and controlled by a master sequencer. I find myself in the middle somewhere.

KnowGood

KnowGood hardware
There are never stupid questions. Some software is still pretty cool (Korg Legacy Collection), but nothing beats tweaking real knobs. I found that it was really hard to be creative when I had 50 soft synths at my fingertips. Picked up a cheap analog[ue] synth and a drum machine, and found making music was fun again.

Filter has a sick setup, and between the two of us we have a pretty decent arsenal of gear. I try not to buy anything he has, and he does the same.

My first synth was a Roland Alpha Juno 1 for $109 Cdn. Thats half of the price of a decent midi controller AND it can act as a midi controller - but with sounds as well (hoover anyone? LOL!).

filtersweeperVC

filtersweeper
There are never stupid questions. Some software is still pretty cool (Korg Legacy Collection), but nothing beats tweaking real knobs. I found that it was really hard to be creative when I had 50 soft synths at my fingertips. Picked up a cheap analog[ue] synth and a drum machine, and found making music was fun again.

Filter has a sick setup, and between the two of us we have a pretty decent arsenal of gear. I try not to buy anything he has, and he does the same.

My first synth was a Roland Alpha Juno 1 for $109 Cdn. Thats half of the price of a decent midi controller AND it can act as a midi controller - but with sounds as well (hoover anyone? LOL!).
Hmmmmm, do I know you? LOL I totally agree with you. Get a real synth that double as controller and has patches, and real guts! I think part of the music creativity comes with touching knobs. Don't anybody quote that either. Yeah, that Alpha juno 1 is coming to my house, for I need to use the hoover patch in my upcoming track.