Hardstep

savoirfaire

VIP Junglist
Any well known tracks/artists?
according to wikipedia Grooverider helped to promote it.

Would Krust- Warhead count as Hardstep?

chers

It was just another sub genre thats all mate, Warhead came out in 97 and the Hardstep thing was happening around 94.

I'm sure if warhead was out in 94 it would have been classed hardstep.

anyone have a list of some of the hardstep artists? i like hard drum and bass and i need some new stuff to listen to but i can't find any..

that sucks, i like evol intent and tech itch, ed rush and optical, etc, i think they should make some more of it

They didn't set out to make it (hardstep), it was just classed as that when people heard it out.

cheers for the knowledge G man, ya got any significant tracks from the 94 era then that come into this genre?

Sorry boys but i aint got the time to sit there and think what tune was and what tune wasn't you know, that could take a while....apologies.

More or less mate, i didn't call it hardstep....some of my mates did though at the time.

isn't there a difference between like hardstep and jungle tekno? Is hardstep just standard jungle and jungle tekno like hardcore with amen breakbeats in it? (yes unaware about the history)

as far as i know... and i don't know much... jungle has a more seperated bassline from the snare beat, and hardstep has basslines that take up the whole track, thats what wiki says.

The term jungle tekno came before the term hardstep, so obviously the styles are different.

I'd say when the term Jungle Tekno was being bandied about the music still had the hardcore kick drum to it as well as breakbeats and ragga/Reggae/dub influences.

The term jungle tekno came before the term hardstep, so obviously the styles are different.

I'd say when the term Jungle Tekno was being bandied about the music still had the hardcore kick drum to it as well as breakbeats and ragga/Reggae/dub influences.

that makes sense cos all the so called jungle tekno I've heard sounds more hardcore like than standard jungle

as far as i know... and i don't know much... jungle has a more seperated bassline from the snare beat, and hardstep has basslines that take up the whole track, thats what wiki says.

lol so what does that mean? any examples to show each?

check out
evol intent and technical itch- the legend

it's one of the hardest songs i know

also
evol intent- the drop

check out
evol intent and technical itch- the legend

it's one of the hardest songs i know

also
evol intent- the drop

haha HARDSTEP, bc was labeled hardstep when their first releases came out? man, you don't can't even imagine whats hard year 2008 check out artists:

Current Value
Limewax
Audio
The Sect
Counterstrike
Apex
Ewun
Cooh
S.P.L

oh and Evol Intent still makes beats as so does Tech Itch, Tech Itch been doing some dubstep lately tho, still banging!

I wouldn't believe every thing thats on Wiki mate.

Back
Top Bottom