Hardest?

Boodha_Joodha

Whats everyone's one tune in there collection which they have problems mixing?
as im a beginner i cant mix most stuff lool but dillinja - life is something i find hard:-x:-x:-x

whats YOURS?

eazy

Jaheim - Put That Woman First (Calibre Remix)

Klute - Halloween

Those two tunes just fuck me up every time.

Most of the stuff I've just bought! As a newbie I got all the records I wanted with no consideration for how to mix them. A couple I've always found difficult, though - Body Rock and Bad Ass. They just don't lend themselves to a set at all.

eventually you'll find it easy to mix any track. no matter what the intro is like, you'll find a way to mix it, just comes with practice.

i don't know that tune but it can done in one way or another. even vocal samples have to be arranged in time

i don't know that tune but it can done in one way or another. even vocal samples have to be arranged in time

Actually the vocal sample in the intro to that particular song isn't exactly in time...
Once the intro's through he adds a 'power' to the beginning of the vocal so it works, but its very hard to mix it if you're using the intro.

its been said on here before, but anyway.

get the tune locked on by cueing the tune after the drop.

once you got the speed matched, just bring it back the the beginning and get on the crossfade :sixty_nin

pretty much any song i can beat match together easy. i meen ye if its just a voice with no hi hat ticking or no kind of metronome to go with it, ur in some suckage if u wanna mix from the intro. try mixing from the drop or halfway out.

whoever said they was finding it hard 2 mix in dillinja life

heres 2 reasons it could be y

1) dillinja life is slower then aot of dnb so it will be alot higher up in the pitch bit

2) the main reason that u might be struggling is, incase u ent noticed, there is 2 extra notes at the start of the song.

so its

1 2 , 1 2 3 4, 1 2 3 4..

u wanna either skip throught the first 2 nots and let it go there when the next bar starts

or let it go at the start of the tune when it playing the 2 last bitz of the bar.

....because they're slow? think they're all around 168ishhhhh bpm.

often find faster (180bpm) and slower (168bpm) tracks a bit trickier to lock, when you're mixing mainly with 174s...

"the One" and "Recharge" are both hard to mix because you need to find the first downbeat so that you can cue it up properly, the first drum sound that you hear is in the middle of a bar.
Also the tune "Gold" on the colour series was like this, why producers do this i don't know, it puts me off having to spend 30-40 seconds trying to find the right downbeat.

Its easy now.. came with practice, but the first times phetsta - congo never had really fixed. Dont know why.. No difficult intro or something..

Hmmm... There's a few... But it all depends on what tunes I decide to mix before or after them, some tunes just downright don't work with certain tunes. I'm a bit of a newbie to this mixing malarky anyway, so there's a fair few I find ahrd to mix, like Current Value- Dark Rain (Way too fats compared to the usual stuff I play, although Spor- 1UP mixes out of that very nicely! ;), Noisia- Subdue, Gasmask 71- The Punisher... The list could go on.

....because they're slow? think they're all around 168ishhhhh bpm.

often find faster (180bpm) and slower (168bpm) tracks a bit trickier to lock, when you're mixing mainly with 174s...

Yeah, Back to Your Roots RMX can be a pain for that; it's a 183! WHY??!

Back
Top Bottom