Hardcore DnB artists

Pprovo1

Recently Ive really been getting into DnB and my favorite tracks are those with really intense drum parts followed by angry, growling synths. Some of my favorite songs are The Terminal by Pendulum and The Masochist by Pendulum. Can anyone else recommend me some more artists with songs similar to those. thanks.

-Paul

Please note that Pendulum is anything but hard core and if had you put this thread up on Dogs On Acid you would have been insulted from here to the Dogs On The Moon and back.

Raze's list is fine but it ain't Pendulum.

Last edited:
DJ Hidden - Times Like These & Counterstrike - Bodybag now that will tighten your balls for five minutes!

Also anything by Black Sun Empire, Counterstrike, Gridlok, Hive, Corrupt Souls, Vicious Circle, B-Key, Noisia, Loxy, The Upbeats, Prolix, Spor, Calyx, Infiltrata, Future Prophecies, and Kryptic Minds these are some of my favorite artists have a listen to some of their tracks.
Be warned it's not quite Pendulum but they do have what you've described as 'really intense drum parts followed by angry, growling synths',
Let me know what you think

maybe Pendulum all around isn't "hardcore" but they do have some nice songs that are pretty dark in my opinion. I'm just looking for songs like that.

Just so you know, Pendulum is one of the most radio friendly groups out there nowadays (last two years). Some of their older stuff is dark compared to what they do now but not that dark relatively compared to their really dark cousins.

If you call Pendulum hardcore anywhere else, your ass is going to get handed to you.

well then thats the exact reason I came to ask about it because I want to know more about darker dnb. Obviously I was realed in by the more mainstream stuff but im here to figure out where the actual dark dnb is from the people who know it and follow it.

Hardcore DnB doesn't exist anymore unless if you count the once a year release by Digital (I don't).

Back in 2002 it was:
Dylan
Total Science
Baron
Digital
Spirit
Alpha Omega
Loxy
Ink
Cause 4 Concern
Breakage
A-Sides
Unusual Suspects
Most other artists on Reinforced

Most of those dudes make clownstep or liquid funk now. Hardcore dnb..... *lol* Yeah I guess if you find audio images of dancing clowns to be hardcore.... then you have some sort of clown fetish. Thats not for me.

maybe Pendulum all around isn't "hardcore" but they do have some nice songs that are pretty dark in my opinion. I'm just looking for songs like that.

Since when does "Hardcore" automaticaly mean "Dark"? When I think of "Hardcore" the default audio image in my head is wicked sounds, pianos, amens, sub bass, and chipmonk vocals.

Just so you know, Pendulum is one of the most radio friendly groups out there nowadays (last two years). Some of their older stuff is dark compared to what they do now but not that dark relatively compared to their really dark cousins.

If you call Pendulum hardcore anywhere else, your ass is going to get handed to you.

ease up man. The Terminal is a fucking heavy tune. if you're against over-the-top categorisation of music ... :slayer:

Hardcore DnB doesn't exist anymore unless if you count the once a year release by Digital

erm i'm pretty sure hardcore dnb does exist still otherwise i'm not sure what all thiese round black things under my decks are maybe some form of house music,
check out machinochrists track #1 hardcore dj, avaliable for free from www.machinochrist.co.uk
and i wouldnt call digital hardcore he has a more dub sound going on.

Check out releases on these labels for a dark sound

Renegade Hardware (untill about 2004 IMO)
Barcode
Tech Itch/Penetration/Freak/Obscene
Killing Sheep
G2
Intasound
Moving Shadow (especially the Gein, Tech Itch, Future Prophecies and Counterstike EPs)
Hardline Rekordingz
(some)Metalheadz
Outbreak
Magic Vinyl (Sleepless by Ben Sage!!!!!)

I have heard that some people (Producer + Teknoist mainly) are calling this branch of dnb Fuck Off DNB especially on Hardline, Tech Itch and Killing Sheep, but i think thats just being a bit silly really

Last edited:
i hate that word clownstep i seriously think that putting dnb into so many different genre's is killing it. All producers are good in their own way otherwise people wouldnt listen to them, including pendulum I think pendulum are amazing producers, heavy beats buzzing basslines and catchy melodies, isn't that what people really want, something they can enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom