Hard Hitters EP

Sure,
Every thing is clipping. You might want to turn down your volumes to around -12db before you start putting them together. Enjoying the Chinese girls?

Sure,
Every thing is clipping. You might want to turn down your volumes to around -12db before you start putting them together. Enjoying the Chinese girls?

Thanks for the reply. Not sure how to take your 'weird' comment but thanks for the interest mate anyway.

I really have over done the limiting so yes it sounds like clipping. I'm working on bringing in some dry hits and mixing- a kind of parallel compression.

Chinese girls: I enjoy my wife and bringing up my daughter (half Chinese) so you could say enjoying...

Hey sounds very errr avant garde... some good clanky noises but the track need more recognizable form such as peaks and troughs, unless of course you are aiming to create something "challenging" for the listener.

Hey we all like the Chinese girls :)

Hey sounds very errr avant garde... some good clanky noises but the track need more recognizable form such as peaks and troughs, unless of course you are aiming to create something "challenging" for the listener.

Hey we all like the Chinese girls :)

Thanks for the input. I'm favoring the low end so I am not really sure about peaks and troughs. I don't really want my sounds sounding anything like dub step (I can't stand that sound) or obviously synthesized.. I will admit I need to get some cleaner hits in there. I've been pounding my limiter way too much. Finding that hard. Maybe I need a better compressor/limiter to play with. That is on my gear list!
Number three is up there now: https://soundcloud.com/swayzy/attacks-of-the-heart-hard
Probably another weird one but hey:)

Come to China if you like Chinese girls. There are quite a few of those here.

For a first EP, it's no biggie, but you should really start working on the EQ a bit more ;)
Also mastering is a really important aspect of a song, you might want to try and learn a little more about that too ^^

Nice start tho, keep it up!

For a first EP, it's no biggie, but you should really start working on the EQ a bit more ;)
Also mastering is a really important aspect of a song, you might want to try and learn a little more about that too ^^

Nice start tho, keep it up!

I agree. I'm not bringing out the higher end and I'm limiting too much. I'm not really sure how to solve the problem. Without the limiting it always sounds uneventful. As you say EQ may help. I'm getting decent monitors soon. Been working on poor quality for a while. I hope that makes a difference.

Cheers for the advice

I agree. I'm not bringing out the higher end and I'm limiting too much. I'm not really sure how to solve the problem. Without the limiting it always sounds uneventful. As you say EQ may help. I'm getting decent monitors soon. Been working on poor quality for a while. I hope that makes a difference.

Cheers for the advice

I'm working on shitty speakers too ;p on phones even sometimes.. but the key is just to well.. rip off anything of any sound that you don't hear or want to hear in the mix.
Like a pad doesn't need a low end and a sub has no reason to go over 100-140hz (IN MOST CASES ANYWAY). Well yea, so think about that for a bit and you'll get better in mixing down ;)

I'm working on shitty speakers too ;p on phones even sometimes.. but the key is just to well.. rip off anything of any sound that you don't hear or want to hear in the mix.
Like a pad doesn't need a low end and a sub has no reason to go over 100-140hz (IN MOST CASES ANYWAY). Well yea, so think about that for a bit and you'll get better in mixing down ;)

I agree with the ripping off. I've just started to do that more now so I'll get up to speed. I just realized that I had taken out everything above 5400 hz on the last mix so that also probably made it sound more muffled. Reason was that my bells and percussion seems to be making it all sound a mess. I'll have to get it sorted in the mix next time. Practice practice! Hey thanks for the tips. I'll keep an eye on your stuff. You have some pretty good tunes.

thanks dude :) and np for the tips, ask away my friend ^^

I'll be producing and listening on Thursday so I'll listen to your stuff a bit better then and I'm sure I'll ask you some questions then geezer. Hope you'll answer here maybe. I changed the track a bit and put it back up on SC: https://soundcloud.com/djneilswaysland/heart-attacks

IMO it is still shit but I think the kick drums are smoother. I had waves bass plug ins on all the percussion after EQ. I think that was a big mistake so I pulled it off and put them before eq. I could spend a lot more time but enough is enough today.

Cheers Man,

Neil.

Back
Top Bottom