Happy New Year 2013 30 Minute Mix

Forau

VIP Junglist
New years eve inspired mix.

Taken on board advice and im starting to leave the platter alone a lot now, and just use the pitch to tweak once the tune is in the mix.

Anyway, happy 2013 and enjoy.

Track List

Logistics - We Are One (Nu-logic Remix)
DJ SS - Lighter (Bladerunner 2012 Remix)
Mampi Swift - Power
Ram Trilogy - Titan
Deekline & Ed Solo - Paella (Original Mix)
Audio & Insideinfo - Rust
Lifelink - Miasma
Icicle - Infectious Funk
Camo & Krooked - Anubis (Inside Info Remix)
Audio - Headroom
Rockwell - DJ Friendly Unit Shifter​

Last edited:
Sweet mate. Let me know what you think. You can tell the couple of tunes i wanted to sneak in as a mix or 2 are a bit off, theyre the tunes that i never planned on playing but felt like chucking in at the last minute lol.

Sweet mate. Let me know what you think. You can tell the couple of tunes i wanted to sneak in as a mix or 2 are a bit off, theyre the tunes that i never planned on playing but felt like chucking in at the last minute lol.

Yeh will do boss! Fair shout, we all gotta start somewhere (y) But for recorded mixes try and stick to the plan to keep it clean lol!

Yeh will do boss! Fair shout, we all gotta start somewhere (y) But for recorded mixes try and stick to the plan to keep it clean lol!

I have a habit of running a test mix before hitting record, and i stick to the TL in the test mix, then when it comes round to recording i find a tune i think would work better. Sometimes it does, sometimes it ruins my mix. lol.

Haha been there numerous times! You been playing out at all? When i started mixing I used to watch Djs proper close and the stuff you can get away with on a big system is silly lol! Most people dont even EQ the highs and mids ffs!

Haha been there numerous times! You been playing out at all? When i started mixing I used to watch Djs proper close and the stuff you can get away with on a big system is silly lol! Most people dont even EQ the highs and mids ffs!

I havent played out but ive played on some big systems (BIG house parties etc). Yeah its mental what you can get away with.

Ive been concentrating mainly on staying the f*ck away from the wax, and keep my hand firmly planted on the pitch instead of nudging the record when its slightly out. Its going well but my mixes were tighter when i allowed myself to manipulate the platter. Just gotta get used to it now, only problem is that changing this habit has set back the quality of my mixing quite substantially at the moment.

Last edited:
I havent played out but ive played on some big systems (BIG house parties etc). Yeah its mental what you can get away with.

Ive been concentrating mainly on staying the f*ck away from the wax, and keep my hand firmly planted on the pitch instead of nudging the record when its slightly out. Its going well but my mixes were tighter when i allowed myself to manipulate the platter. Just gotta get used to it now, only problem is that changing this habit has set back the quality of my mixing quite substantially at the moment.

Ah yeh man that's the best way to mix! I rarely ever touch the vinyl when I use it, cue it up and pitch bend from there on. Might help is to cue it up in your cans, use your hands as much as you want and then when it's in the mix pitch ride. All depends on how fast you mix tho :) but you probably already know this ha!

Keep it up mate that mix is wicked! First half is the best I've heard you mix so far.. :rambo:

Cheers mate. Appreciate the feedback. Gonna plan a nice 1hr mix soon, and actually stick to my planned tracklist hopefully instead of digressing (eg, paella and titan were never going to be included, i had other tracks lined up).

Ah yeh man that's the best way to mix! I rarely ever touch the vinyl when I use it, cue it up and pitch bend from there on. Might help is to cue it up in your cans, use your hands as much as you want and then when it's in the mix pitch ride. All depends on how fast you mix tho :) but you probably already know this ha!

Yeah exactly, manipulating the platter whilst the tunes in the mix is a very bad habit that i picked up from the guy who let me on his 1210's for the first time like 3 years ago lol. He's been doing it for longer than ive been alive, so the habit transferred to me pretty quickly. Been doing it since i got my 1210's approx 2 yrs ago).

Last edited:
Yeah listen pay the £30 for 4hrs. Work out a mix (Titan was wicked though) and then just keep the first 30 mins. Do the same thing again and then put both 30 mins together. Mix will be perfect then imo.

Yeah listen pay the £30 for 4hrs. Work out a mix (Titan was wicked though) and then just keep the first 30 mins. Do the same thing again and then put both 30 mins together. Mix will be perfect then imo.

Thing is I think 30 mins encourages more people to check it out. Not so much of a commitment lol.

Back
Top Bottom