Happy mistakes (repost)

RevTech

Butthole=output transduce
VIP Junglist
I'm feeling creative, I'd like to hear the crazy shit you try.

I recently have been messing with rotarys a lot, and the one on cubase works magic on reeces, I turn up the distortion, amp modulation and filter modulation and it makes it sound hollow. Seems to me noisia/hollow reeces are made with filters really. I also figured out how to make a eskmo crunchy kinda snare, by putting another snare a triplet after the main one.

I randomnly got a female scream FX, reversed it, pitched it right down low, added some reverb and slight saturation and it makes an awesome build to a drop, almost like a scary, eerie riser!

1) Make an effects chain at some random mixer channel.
2) Start sending random samples through it
3)???????
4) WIN

If anybody else has the PSP sQuad...
For example switch the McQ To saturation and really drive it hard....
?????
WIN

If you have Edison.
Switch it to record on input and then take some granulizer plugins, or what ever... and start doing some rythms with a few parameters when automating them manually with your mouse or Midi controllers.
Export what you just recorded.
?????
Enjoy some really cool unquantized rythmic shizzle. ( WIN )

If you have access to the fruity peak controller.
Take some random sample as the input.
Link the controller of the input to a cutoff of a Lowpass filter for instance on another sample or bass part on another mixer channel.
/ Change the sample which has the peak controller on it's mixer channel untill you find one you like.
Mute the input sample
?!?!?!??
Epic rythmic shizzle you might have not come up with before yourself.
WIIIIIIN

Can't think of anything else right now.. i'm drunk as a motherfucker... but will keep updating this stuff when i sober up. With more techniques i use.

PEACE

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom