Happy 4th of July

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by IV4, Jul 4, 2012.

1. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Today is the day when we said Fuck You to the King of England. Hoooraaaaayyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I know I spend a good bit of time bashing my own country. But there are some good people here. As a nation have done some pretty cool stuff. May the U.S.A. pull its head out of its own ass and prosper.

2. JReilly

JReilly Member

I say booooooooooooo patriotism!

We all live on earth

3. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Your not proud to be English? Why not? Hell being a part of anywhere from the U.K. is pretty cool. I agree we are all just people, and sometimes we shove our heads up our ass. But it is your culture. Your history part of what makes you, you. Even if your anti-patriotic it is still apart of your culture. A small island of the coast of Europe with a vast mixture of cultures has done more to change the world than any other culture in History. Sometimes for good sometime for worse. And guess what you are apart of that. And because you are apart of that you now take part in a global commuintiy.

4. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

this

happy birthday 'murrica

5. JReilly

JReilly Member

Proud isn't the word, I won the lottery and was born into a wealthy country and I am really happy about that.

I don't feel the need to celebrate the fact that though.

6. $pyto

$pyto Soundcloud changed everything

Red Coats FTW

7. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

Happy Will Smith Day.

You mug.

8. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

also this

i'm here by chance, i wouldn't start bigging myself up and talk about how fucking awesome i am because i won a tenner on a scratchy.

9. Moskit

Fuck off arkmeed you've bigged yourself up for nicking money off your old dear to spend on weed.

Your opinion is wholeheartedly invalid on anything.

Ever.

You Turd.

10. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

What is this the famous english self deprecating humor? The U.K. is awesome. In a true sense of the word awesome if you can not see it read a history book or go to the Doctors paid by the government(Something not all nations enjoy).
    Akmed your a spoiled brat. I'm sorry your life did not turn out so well so far. At least your well educated,healthy, and you got your youth. The fucking sky is the limit for you if you just grow a pair, apply your self, and quit crying.
    Moskit oyou just crack me up. That is all.

11. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

this is fair enough, i'm lucky to have been born here, but that's all it is, luck. I had fuck all to do with what makes this country so 'great', so why would i be proud of the fact?

12. Moskit

This thread needs a poll...

Like who hates patriotism of any form or any reason.

More than me or arkmeed?

13. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Bull shit. For instance drum and bass is an english music that spread. Because you listen to it and promote it in a place like this or where you live you are helping define culture. Being a part of culture is definition of it. Even if your not the guy who invented it or made the next great song. And who would the greats be with out the fans??????? Nobody that is who the fuck they would be. You have a long life to make your mark.

Moskit you should meet some patriots in America. Filthy fucking red necks. Yee haw America is the greatest country on earth because God said so yee haw. Fucking morons. I sure the U.K. has them too. And we all know what happens in Germany when you become to patriotic. Any way I would not mind having a real discustion with you about why the U.K. is kick ass. Good ol' fashion debate.

14. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

why do american's no matter what the subject is... killing someone for example shout U-S-A! U-S-A!. some of them shout this annoying chant in st andrews in a local pub for local people im sure one of them got sent to hospital for doing it none stop.

15. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

yeah but as far as i'm concerned, i'm not english, british, european or anything else other than human.

the way i see it, 100+ years down the line, nationality won't mean shit, we won't have countries or continents, we'll just be one populace trying to make the most of this shit stain we spawned on. At least, so i hope.

16. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

"Sir, we've lost Norad"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

"MY GOD.............."

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  17. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

Armed I don't see why just because birth place is a kind of lottery (it isn't) you can't feel a bit of pride in your country's achievements? You don't need to have had a hand in building the NHS or a Parliamentary democracy to admire it surely?

Unfortunately anyone educated in a state school from the 80s onwards was made to feel that patriotism was akin to racism/xenophobia and that everything Britain had done historically was wrong. They deliberately dismantled my concepts so that when I left school I had a great difficulty in believing even that 'the English' existed (I think this affects the middle classes more than the working class). It always confused me how my classes were full of real 'peoples' from around the world who didn't appear to have a problem with seeing themselves as a people. It's just us English who were formed by immigration over thousands of years bla bla bla you're meant to feel that being English isn't real. It's fake. And patriotism's a new invention (therefore more fakeness) I'll be honest the list carries on for a while but I'll stop there. It's part of the ideology of political correctness and it's the main reason why this thread is full of meh responses to the idea of feeling a little pride in your country. Armed is dead against it but then he's just left school so he's still primed. Anyone interested in why this has come about should read up on cultural marxism and see if any alarm bells start ringing.

I can imagine these kind of responses have shocked poor IV4 but then you're country goes too far the other way. We'd cringe if we had to sing the national anthem every morning or plant flags in our front gardens. WTF is all that about?

18. Kenneth4Eva

Kenneth4Eva Let's Breed

happy 4th of july anyway.

19. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

This was the final goal of international communism/cultural marxism. Wonderfully put comrade. See you in the brave new world..

20. charlie131

charlie131 Well-Known Member

Moskit just made my day hahahaha