Hang drum

*State

Self confessed VW nut
Are there any free hang drum samples out there?

Ive found a few places where i can buy them but their like 50 quid or more which seems a bit steep TBH.

They cost thousands mate, and apparantly there's only two guys making them in the entire world (have also hears there's a small company making them...... absolutley no sign of any contact details anywhere tho), there's a massive waiting list for them worldwide, there only produced in switzerland too.

They have this natural attack which sounds really cool. thought a few hits here and there would be a good element for a dnb tune.

o_O
Is this it cause its the first thing i found in google, OMFG!!! I want one! Or atleast some samples!
This is fuckin sick!!!!
This dude can seriously play them well too!
They have such a nice sound to them
Im speechless! :not_worth:not_worth:not_worth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQXn5ba0aT8

Just found a load more vidz im really intrigued ide love to sample this shit!
:gang_bang

yeah thats it....... very sick indeed yeah.

There was one on ebay for six grand second hand apparantly!

Can you now see why i was after some samples now mate? lol

Ithink i will invest in one of the sample packs, check the linky.
http://www.soniccouture.com/pages/hang.php

sampling don't really work with hang drums man

unless you have got a sick phaser/flanger/p.bender algorithm. cos each hit is different slightly in colour, tone, pitch n velocity. no matter if you hit them the same power. you'd have to record a loop. or 100's of hits in roughly the same spot. you'd probably need 10,000 samples to get a decent hang drum hit pattern to sound natural. closest i have come to it is using the korg legacy cell over steels, and it still don't sound good enough.

but i'd like to hear peoples attempts at making natural sounding hang drum hits that work in a pattern. they are harder to make natural then bongos lol, and i found bongos to be a bitch.

sampling don't really work with hang drums man

unless you have got a sick phaser/flanger/p.bender algorithm. cos each hit is different slightly in colour, tone, pitch n velocity. no matter if you hit them the same power. you'd have to record a loop. or 100's of hits in roughly the same spot. you'd probably need 10,000 samples to get a decent hang drum hit pattern to sound natural. closest i have come to it is using the korg legacy cell over steels, and it still don't sound good enough.

but i'd like to hear peoples attempts at making natural sounding hang drum hits that work in a pattern. they are harder to make natural then bongos lol, and i found bongos to be a bitch.

Nah i was thinking of just chucking the odd "bong" in here and there, not a melody.

the guy in the video that's been postet before is manu delago and one of the best hang players out there (an awesome drummer too btw). he released a CD of himself playing the hang with some guest musicians. it's called "made in silence" and you could sample some hits from it (y)

Back
Top Bottom