Hand Of Henry

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by ali^, Nov 18, 2009.

1. ali^

ali^ Bigtingsagwarn

Even I dislike Arsenal I've always liked this guy, great player and whatever but, that double handball. Feel sorry for our Irish friends :boxing:

2. Indi

Indi Tha Original ThreadKilla!

Henry really brought shame to his country for cheating like that. One more thing to hate the French for.

3. vicious-beats

vicious-beats Member

Sympathy appreciated bud.

Watched the game, I thought the officials largely got it right over the course of the game and were doing well up until that point. However, that was a shocking decision on henry's handball, you couldn't even argue ball to hand, and how he sat down on the pitch beside Dunn at the end and looked him in the eye with a straight face I don't know :boxing:. Ireland had a brilliant first half but the second half they ran out of steam and ideas and just gave the ball back to france too much and invited them forward by playing the long ball. Still, we troubled the french keeper more than they troubled ours, and Keane should have done better on a couple of occasions and could easily have went down for a penalty, but then cheating gets you nowhere :confused:. It was always going to be a hell of an upset for Ireland to get through, but France have had better sides and that was a golden opportunity for us ruined by a bad decision.

I'll be supporting the Kiwis this year

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  4. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

If ever there was a reason to have video technology in football this is it.

5. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

:ban:

What a dick.

6. Lunos

Lunos Active Member

what a wonga

7. vicious-beats

vicious-beats Member

The thing is I'm a liverpool fan, but I've always liked and respected Henry as a talent. Didn't expect that from him and he really needs to come out now and apologise to the Irish players, staff and supporters. Gone down in my estimation. A bit of a hollow victory for them but I'm sure they won't worry when they turn out in South Africa. And another thing, if uefa can throw their toys out of the pram about eduardo then why not ban henry for this? To quote John Aldridge it will never happen

Anyway, it's just a game, but that was pretty unjust.

8. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

ok, what people need to understand is that its not henry that cheated, but the ref. players are very pumped up during a game, and with all that adrenaline rushing, and the requirement of split second decisions, sometimes you do things which are illegal. thats why there are referees to spot them and penalize them.
    im not saying that henry is a saint, but if theres someone to blame, thats the ref.
    shame for Ireland, they were the better team yesterday. hopefully karma will sort both teams out.

9. Lunos

Lunos Active Member

they really need to get action replay like they have "hawk eye" in top tennis matches

10. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

I strongly recommend this for the offside rule.TBH I don´t think video evidence and such would ruin the game.

11. jmzmaloney

jmzmaloney ENTHUSED WITH ETHNOGRAPHIC PLUNDERPHONICS Staff Member

Is there an echo in here

12. vicious-beats

vicious-beats Member

I don't know, I see what you're saying and its a tough one. But in reality the laws of the game say Henry cheated, you can't use your hand to stop the ball going out of play and pass it to your team mate to stick in the net. The human aspect of the game says the ref should have spotted it and royally fucked up. I don't think you can say the ref cheated though as they had a really good game up to then.

Still whoevers at fault, henry for handling it or the ref for being shit, both of the cunts between them have done us out of a place next year.

I know I'm crying over spilt milk here, with green tinted glasses on, and I guess in the heat of the moment I would stick the old meat hook out myself. But WTF was up with the last minute decision to seed the play offs when it became clear france were going to be in it?

13. Dan M

Dan M hard gay northern bear

thing is he'll never admit it.

has anyone ever seen that guy from i'd say late 80s who fell over in the box, ref gave a penalty and he said it wasnt and that he fell down. the ref forced his side to take a penalty and he was reeling. he should be the poster boy for this sort of thing.

also the respect campaign really is bollox. who is going to stand by while shit like this goes on, everybody feeling sorry for refs, they get paid a shit load of money to referee at high level, mark (cunt) clattenberg drives round in a porsche caymen ffs. i dont feel sorry for the blundering arrongant cunts.

ref's are not evolving at the rate at which football teams and players and nutritionists and groundsmen and even fans have evolved and shaped the game so there a cancer at the minute and stuff like this is fucking disgusting unacceptable standards.

14. vicious-beats

vicious-beats Member

After 100+ years they simply can't get any more accurate by themselves. They need to embrace the technology. There's not a week goes by without this debate starting up. I'm gonna stop thinking about it now but I'll be pissed off thinking about this moment in July again.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  15. duffer

duffer Under Mi SensI...........

Fair enough, the ball touched his hand, it was cheating.

But would anyone supporting Ireland be as bothered if it was richard dunne for example I don't think you would, you would be creaming because your going the world cup.

It's the way it goes in football, one week your team will have the decision's go to them other weeks it won't.

I'll admit its a shit way to go out and its a cunt to be on the losing side.

But theres always 2014.....

16. SLow

SLow Quadrospazzed life-glug

Not really Henry's problem, blame the officials for not seeing it. If you were in his position you'd have done the same.

Ireland would have wrapped the game up anyway if Robbie Keane wasnt so shit.

17. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

nope, 2012 its all over...:teeth:

18. vicious-beats

vicious-beats Member

Said as much already

Don't hate the player hate the game as they say. I like henry, just not today, today he's a cunt. Tomorrow I'll forget about it.

19. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

referees miss stuff all the time. its part of the excitement of football, always the uncertainty, unlike say rugby were a replay can decide whether or not its a try.
    That is why people follow football, because it can cause such passion and argument.

I used to referee games a lot and at times things like that can be easy to miss, you have to remember they are not only watching the ball, but looking for pulling pushing kicking punching etc (maybe not so much at international level but try reffing sunday league!)

Yes henry cheated, yes it was unfair. such is life. This time the irish got the shit end of it, hopefully next time the french will.

20. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

In all fairness, in a game with so much at stake, most players would try and gain an advantage. Yes it's wrong, but it happens on a weekly basis.

It's no different than diving for a penalty.

It's the officials fault for not seeing it.