Halogenix leaves Ivy Lab

i didnt realize they had been working together so long.....i have said this before but i prefer their solo stuff as of late anyway.

Sabre on form is way way better than the other two IMO, although I have seen him try tricks that are way to ambitious and botch it up. Halogenix sets however are a total mess with zero journey or structure. No clanging really but just mad jumps in style and tone.

Nah all three are crazily talented.

That Mortem remix he did was tight tho, feels like Ivy Lab in the early days was just the continuation of the 2008 Sabre sound really, just super elevated

Definitely agree with this, up until the Twenty Questions EP, I always thought the DnB stuff (especially the ones with Frank Carter on vocal) was more Sabre than the others.

As for the three of them, they're all mad talented producers, solo, as duos and as a collective, loved everything they've done tbh.

this site if full of 40 year old jaded UK wankers with crooked teeth and receding hairlines. i could give two fucks i post here. continue to screen or edit my posts and i will just make a new account if i feel the need to post.

Definitely agree with this, up until the Twenty Questions EP, I always thought the DnB stuff (especially the ones with Frank Carter on vocal) was more Sabre than the others.

As for the three of them, they're all mad talented producers, solo, as duos and as a collective, loved everything they've done tbh.

I don't know about that check Halogenix's all blue ep that was on that kind of tip, stray's done some liquid too and a lot of work with vocals - in most of his tunes

The older I get, the more my hairline keeps advancing towards my face. Its like the opposite of receding, its trying to become one with my eyebrows. My balding friends are jealous but they don't have to cut their hair once a week. It's a real pain. It is water resistant though, which is a nice touch if you live in a puddle.

The older I get, the more my hairline keeps advancing towards my face. Its like the opposite of receding, its trying to become one with my eyebrows. My balding friends are jealous but they don't have to cut their hair once a week. It's a real pain. It is water resistant though, which is a nice touch if you live in a puddle.

You cut your hair once a week? Be like me, grow your hair out into beautiful locks so that you get all sorts of flicks and curls all around it.

I don't know about that check Halogenix's all blue ep that was on that kind of tip, stray's done some liquid too and a lot of work with vocals - in most of his tunes

Oh yeah of course I hear their influence too, but when I listen to Missing Persons and Afterthought, the drums to me in particular just scream Sabre on it. Could be wrong though seeing as since they've worked so long together even before Ivy Lab was a thing, they probably picked up each other's techniques.

Oh yeah of course I hear their influence too, but when I listen to Missing Persons and Afterthought, the drums to me in particular just scream Sabre on it. Could be wrong though seeing as since they've worked so long together even before Ivy Lab was a thing, they probably picked up each other's techniques.

When I heard this news, I texted my best friend who is more of a future bass guy. And I told him to start paying attention to Ivy Lab more. Because I had it in my mind that it was Halogenix that was bringing the more traditional 170 dnb mandate to Ivy Lab. Could be mistaken but, I just feel like Stray and Sabre are more interested in pursuing future bass/half timey type stuff and Halogenix probably wanted to make more traditional style dnb. Once again, I could be wrong as it's just speculation on my part.

yeah, so how you like Teddy now? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom