Halloween / Fancy Dress / Movies?

D BREAKNECK

7 years on top
VIP Junglist
I'm not a massive fan of Fancy Dress at DnB raves in general, cos I think it can easily all look a bit 'Mixmag', but Halloween's different.

Cos it's darkside, and a lot more fun...

Just wondering what anyone's going be wearing on Friday or at any other Halloween dos?

Also, what stuff would be good to project? Got Evil Dead 2 and the darkside Spawn animated series so far...Anymore ideas?

Visually exciting, pref. not too much gore and violence?

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
I'm not a massive fan of Fancy Dress at DnB raves in general, cos I think it can easily all look a bit 'Mixmag', but Halloween's different.

Just wondering what anyone's going be wearing on Friday or at any other Halloween dos?

Also, what stuff would be good to project? Got Evil Dead 2 and the darkside Spawn animated series so far...Anymore ideas?

I'd put 'Hostel' on the projectors, maybe 'The Hills Have Eyes' too :teeth:

Nah, dunno about movies, 'Evil Dead 2' is a cracking choice.

D BREAKNECK

7 years on top
VIP Junglist
Only thing about Halloween @ Brknk, is that there's always at least one 'head wound' gushing blood, who I run upto going "Are you alright?" and they go "Fancy dress, innit?":oops:

Flatmatt

VIP Junglist

braindead would be a good one.

Novantadue
VIP Junglist
I

Project? Did I miss something? Are you a visual artist for events? Do you own a media server and DL2s as well?

D BREAKNECK

7 years on top
VIP Junglist
Project? Did I miss something? Are you a visual artist for events? Do you own a media server and DL2s as well?
I do visuals and decor as part of promoting. We mainly use 2 video projectors, (with a mirrored image spreading over 10metres) on dbl sided screens or parachutes so the image fills the chill out area, and the back of the dance floor, 3 slide projectors, tons of lights, sometime lazers, and occasionally a SNES or a PS2.

But the projections are all off VHS, cos I find VJing and CG graphics so boring (and usually very badly done)...& I like the image quality of VHS...

The Halloween projections included Naked Justice (a Japanese manga superhero with bondage overtones), Evil Dead 2, 9 Deadly Venoms (supernatural darkish KungFu with loads of skulls and demons), and some Harlem Globetrotters footage to mix things ups at the end...

I don't have a server or DL2s, just an ever growing collection of old videos...Mainly 70s & 80s and some fairly obscure stuff...