Half time dnb/ hip hop style

jack2290

Can anyone recommend some good tunes in this style? Really feeling stuff like stray - matchsticks and sabre - cashmere 4 xmas. Got a set in a dj comp coming up and im keen to put more stuff on that tip in it.

Cheers!

produced by roni size... not sure if this is the kind of thing you mean

Last edited by a moderator:
From the examples you gave, it looks like you're after this sort of style?

Not really sure what you mean by hip hop style tho

I wasn't very clear when i meant hip hop style i guess, maybe like hip hop instrumentals with a bit of groove that can be mixed with half-time.

That ulysses tune is ideal, sets gonna be on the lighter side of music like garage and breaks. Just wanted to give it a bit of variety, the other tunes are a bit too heavy for that. Cheers though for the suggestions!

Check out Vanilla. He's a real good hip hop producer that does a lot of 85 bpm stuff and releases it all for free.

That ulysses tune is ideal

In that case, definitely check out more Om Unit, particularly what he has released on Civil Music. Also check out Machinedrum, Sam Binga, Addison Groove and Danny Scrilla.

I'll be interested if you come across anything else you like along those lines. I'm after more of that type of stuff myself. :)

I wasn't very clear when i meant hip hop style i guess, maybe like hip hop instrumentals with a bit of groove that can be mixed with half-time.

That ulysses tune is ideal, sets gonna be on the lighter side of music like garage and breaks. Just wanted to give it a bit of variety, the other tunes are a bit too heavy for that. Cheers though for the suggestions!

I can pull this off the vinyl if you want it.

- - - Updated - - -

This is also a necessary playout for my halftime bits

Back
Top Bottom