Half tempo Wip, looking for advices

Hmmm, I wish my writers block sounded that good.

I say, try to make three or four variations of what you have. Use all the same elements but introduce new drum patterns and bass lines. When you are done, begin to chop and splice all of that together. Before you know it. You will have a dynamic cohesive track.

sounds nice but the lead kinda ruins it by being super cheesy, try different notes.

€: after listening again on headphones yeah, try different notes definately, rest sounds pretty on point, dunno what you on about about not mixed but the limiter you whacked on definately does the job

Last edited:
this is pretty cool! loving all the half time stuff thats going about atm, all i can advise at this stage is to mess about with variations and structure to get a solid arrangement before you mix it!

hello, i like your track! i thought for some time what to write .. i love the hacked-into-pieces rhythm, its very original. you play well with beat and tempo. imo, the bass is a bit overdone, try to figure out which freq. blocking others. however, could be you are aiming for a dirty and over-distorted bass type of track, i personally like a less prominent and clearer sub bass in dnb tracks. anyway, cool & unique tune! big up to Brussels !! :2thumbs:

Hmmm, I wish my writers block sounded that good.

I say, try to make three or four variations of what you have. Use all the same elements but introduce new drum patterns and bass lines. When you are done, begin to chop and splice all of that together. Before you know it. You will have a dynamic cohesive track.

Thanks for your feedback IV4. Definitely a good call. I think I'll try and make some sections without the lead with a different drum pattern with more percussive elements.

sounds nice but the lead kinda ruins it by being super cheesy, try different notes.

€: after listening again on headphones yeah, try different notes definately, rest sounds pretty on point, dunno what you on about about not mixed but the limiter you whacked on definately does the job

I'm not actually limiting the master :razz: what I meant by "not mixed" is some elements in the track might be too loud compared to what the should be. About the lead I know it's kinda cheesy but I kinda got used to it now so I think the track is gonna sound weird to me if I change it. definitely try to write another melody though. I might come up with something better just by messing around

this is pretty cool! loving all the half time stuff thats going about atm, all i can advise at this stage is to mess about with variations and structure to get a solid arrangement before you mix it!

Thanks ! :) Yeah me too, I'm really starting to like this new vibe going on. I discovered it with the album 20/20 by Ivy Lab, I was like "this is soooo coool :eek: "

hello, i like your track! i thought for some time what to write .. i love the hacked-into-pieces rhythm, its very original. you play well with beat and tempo. imo, the bass is a bit overdone, try to figure out which freq. blocking others. however, could be you are aiming for a dirty and over-distorted bass type of track, i personally like a less prominent and clearer sub bass in dnb tracks. anyway, cool & unique tune! big up to Brussels !! :2thumbs:

Hey Tom (if I may call you Tom :D ) Glad you like it ! I gotta admit, some hacked-into-pieces patterns where totally planned but some were mistakes that actually inspired me something cool :razz: Yeah I usually like to have some "dirtyness" in my tracks so that's why I pushed the bass. I usually clean the low frequency when I'm into the mixing stage (removing the stereo under 150, checking of nothing is clashing with the bass, etc..)
Brussels is the BOMB ! (that was some very black humor there :razz: laughter is the best medicine to forget what happened I guess..)

Wow this sounds amazing. :o Is this still dnb? Just beeing curious. The Sounds are all so present and the mid side splitting of the sounds is really pleasing and controlled. Really great sound quality. Nothing big to add here besides maybe what`s
already said about the melody :teeth:

Same thoughts as others on the melody. I reckon that bassline could do with sounding wider, got that kinda wide vibe to it. Loving the drumwork and syncopation. Shit hits hard already. Really intrigued to hear this finished and mixed properly. The section around 1:30, big fan of that. More bars please.

Back
Top Bottom