haithar Guys, I'm new here as well :3

Muta

Hologram
Hello all,

Well, I shall introduce myself a little bit.

I am William, and going by the artist name "Muta" (I shall explain later on why Muta lol)
I am 17 years old, and come from The Netherlands.
I've been into Drum & Bass now for around Half a year, and same counts for Dub step, and then I came at the point that I wanted to produce music myself as well. I started out with Dub step, because that sounded a little easier to me then Drum and Bass, and its getting' along okay.. Not great, but I'm learning :3
Now next to Dub step, I also am wanting to try and make some Drum & Bass music, and am working on my first Drum & Bass track now. (Its getting along okay I think, not too bad at least.) So I suppose you can guess why I came here haha.

Once I was reading this book, some detective kind off thing, I read something about some weird voodoo-black magic thing Africa, which was called "MUTI"
Muti is a Black-magic kind off thing in Africa, and basically, what they do, Is saw off limbs and stuff off of your body, for use in voodoo. It seems to work best when sawn off when the "offer" is still alive. (so yes this will hurt) and the thought that people would do this (even though it maybe fiction, haven't done research on it) kind off.. amused me? Anyhow, this is when I knew what my artist name would be, but I found " Muti " sounding a bit Gay-ish.. So I changed it to Muta.

I have been producing for a few months now, not too long, i think about.. 3 or 4 or something like that, so I'm still quiet new to all the things. Though I must say, I have had a small (but horrible) past with chiptunes. (basically, making music on a tracker made for a game-boy.) (yes,, a game-boy.) I have done this for 2 months and stopped, though sometimes I still play around with it for fun.

Since I have been using a tracker to make the chiptunes, this is what I was most used to, And decided to go for the Renoise D.A.W. and I really loved it immediately. (I have tried Fruity loops and Cubase before that, but that really didn't suit me.)
Also, here is my soundcloud page, so you guys can hear a little at what level I am now with producing music if you are interested. http://soundcloud.com/mutadubstep (If self promotion isn't allowed on this part of the forums, notify me and I will remove this bit.)

Still have any questions? Ask me :3

Welcome man :)

Had a quick flick through your tunes and liking your vibes
You're a lot better than i was when i first started out lol.
Obviously, in time, you'll hone your skills and get even better.

This place has one of the best production forums on the net, so you're in good hands :)

Thanks you :3 But I still have A LOT to learn =p
I indeed hope my skills will get improved over time haha, else there would be something wrong I suppose. every art takes practice.
(Hopin' to get at the level of skill which Spor, Noisia, BSE and the whole lot have, but then again, who wouldn't? =p )

I am glad to hear this about this forum :3 I also knew of Dogs On Acid The Grid, but for some reason the atmosphere that's hanging around there just doesn't feel right to me, I browse is sometimes, but not feeling like actually joining there lol.
I'm also lurking around Dubstepforum.com, for my dub step stuff haha,so you could find me there as well.

I'd like to checkout some of your tunes as well, Do you have a Soundcloud page?

Back
Top Bottom