Had my first release, Would like some feedback :)

Something just doesnt sound right. Some of the sounds are proper dissonant or not working. But well done on first release

Thanks man, Yeah I think the reverb may be causing some of the dissonance, I really don't like it but can't change it. the guys at the label who mastered the tracks for me added a ton on the final master but failed to send one to me before release

the "dissonant" sound is simply because the vocal is out of tune with the melody...it needs to be repitched

quite a nice sound you got there tho apart from that :)

any reverb you feel is being added by the mastering engineer, is mostly likely just down to heavy compression, which tends to bring out reverb and long tails; sum times mastering engineers do add reverb, but its not usually noticeable (~5% max), it just helps glue the top end together a little bit

...that said, its really not on for a label to release a track without running the mastered version by you first! happened to me once, was not impressed, esp as I didn't particuly like the result!

Yeah mastering guys are fkn dicks like I get my tracks back with whole segments missing... Still I cant be assed be doing it so I just tell him fix that man wtf. Btw cool tune like a lot good lick with release.

Yeah mastering guys are fkn dicks like I get my tracks back with whole segments missing... Still I cant be assed be doing it so I just tell him fix that man wtf. Btw cool tune like a lot good lick with release.

is that before or after you've paid? its quite common to get tracks back with chunks missing if the payment isn't made in advance...and then get the full version once its paid for...

is that before or after you've paid? its quite common to get tracks back with chunks missing if the payment isn't made in advance...and then get the full version once its paid for...

Nah sorry i didnt explain properly... guy who masters my tracks is actually a a good friend even though hes a dick lol he just thinks he can cut shit out that i want... im like naw ive coillabs wi ya this be mine bro and that stays

Back
Top Bottom