HAB - YA RLY Liquid Mix (90 Min) [Tracks from Break, Furney, Perez, SPY & more]

HAB

"Genius!"
VIP Junglist
This is (naturally, namewise) the spiritual sequel to my O RLY Liquid Mix, which was apparently quite popular. As opposed to that mix, which focused mostly on the soulful jazzy side of drum and bass, this mix is all about the funk. Starting off slow and deep and progressing into some serious bangers, it's good for both chilling out and rocking out.

YARLY.jpg

YA RLY Liquid Mix Tracklist:

1.) Hobzee & Zyon Base - Sad Song - [Influenza] (0:00)
2.) Spectrasoul - Alibi (Break Remix) - [Critial] (1:06)
3.) Break - Out of Nowhere - [Intrigue] (4:46)
4.) Alix Perez - Down The Line - [Shogun] (7:50)
5.) Blu Mar Ten - Believe Me - [Blu Mar Ten] (10:46)
6.) Atlantic Connection - Situations (Zero Tolerance Remix) - [Dispatch] (13:14)
7.) Level 2 - Going Back - [Liquid V] (16:10)
8.) Q Project - In 2 Deep - [CIA] (18:18)
9.) S.P.Y. - Back Yard Dub - [Liquid V] (20:15)
10.) Danny Byrd - Red Mist VIP - [Hospital] (23:00)
11.) Nero - Sound in Motion - [Breakbeat Kaos] (25:08)
12.) Brookes Brothers & Culture Shock - ReWork - [RAM] (27:53)
13.) Nu:Tone - System (Matrix & Futurebound Remix) - [Hospital] (30:00)
14.) Makoto & T-Ak - Voyager - [Hospital] (32:08)
15.) D-Fiance - Fast Lane (Shock One Remix) - [Sudden Def] (34:20)
16.) Furlonge - High Commission - [Viper] (37:30)
17.) Shinichi Osawa - Star Guitar (Brookes Brothers Remix) - [Data] (40:10)
18.) Blame - Keep The Sunshine - [720 Degrees] (42:18)
19.) Cyantific - Power Surge (Concept Remix) - [Dubplate] (45:29)
20.) Crystal Clear & Netsky - King of the Stars [Liq-Weed Ganja] (48:00)
21.) DC Breaks - Pickett Line - [Frequency] (51:22)
22.) Zyz Ruffen & JSSA - Juzzy Juz - [Tamp3cords] (53:21)
23.) TM Juke & Kinny - Damn (Drumagick Remix) - [Tru Thoughts] (57:40)
24.) Furney & A Cat Named Phil - Seen You Before - [Advance] (60:15)
25.) Sonic - Make Me Wanna (Original) - [V] (63:09)
26.) Furney - Life Starts @ 40 - [Good Looking] (66:01)
27.) Logistics - Girl From Mars - [Hospital] (70:02)
28.) Furney - I Choose You Baby - [Telluric] (72:00)
29.) Lenzman - Sugar Hill - [CIA Deep Kut] (74:04)
30.) Brookes Brothers - Dawn Treader - [Breakbeat Kaos] (76:56)
31.) DC Breaks - Polar Bear - [Viper] (79:07)
32.) Jonny L - Evah - [MUNK] (81:40)
33.) Michael Jackson - Butterflies (A-Sides Remix) - [Dubplate] (83:30)

Download in 320kbps MP3:
http://dnbshare.com/download/YARLYLiquidMix.mp3.html

EDIT: Now on soundcloud for a limited time!

http://soundcloud.com/habulous/yarly

Last edited:
Excellent, man! This one's a slight departure from that one, but I'm still really proud of how it turned out.

I just gotta say that I want to thank you guys at DNBForum. This mix has just about fifty listens already, and my last mix (after a re-upping) is well over one hundred and fifty.

Cheers to all!

Enjoyed your first mix immensely, d/l this second mix now and will let you know.

By first, I'm sure you mean the first liquid one. It seems everyone favored that one immensely. Thanks for the DL!

Good Looks, bruv.

Though I am really proud of this mix, it still pales in comparison to yours. I've been just rinsing it on the way to work in the morning this week and it's wonderful driving music. Big ups.

Nice one mate, glad you're feeling it.

Really liked this mix, the mixing itself is superb. No real key clashes and some qulaity blends, that are held together for a while and just mould into 1.

My only problem, is i want you do a mix that doesn't evolve into the dancefloor. The first 7 or so tunes had me and the tunes after aren't bad at all would just like an hour of the more liquid side.

But like i said, big mix and the jump from liquid to more liquid/dancelfoor is subtle and works, so get on this mix people.

Nice one mate, glad you're feeling it.

Really liked this mix, the mixing itself is superb. No real key clashes and some qulaity blends, that are held together for a while and just mould into 1.

My only problem, is i want you do a mix that doesn't evolve into the dancefloor. The first 7 or so tunes had me and the tunes after aren't bad at all would just like an hour of the more liquid side.

But like i said, big mix and the jump from liquid to more liquid/dancelfoor is subtle and works, so get on this mix people.

Thanks alot for the real feedback, man.

To be fair, I kinda cheated on the mixing and key selection. My dude John has absolutely perfect ears for harmonies and keys, and when I was starting to run this mix together he'd come by and be like, "Nah, that's not it. Up a little more," until it was right! Big ups to him, though, as I'll be running all my mixes by him now until I get the ear for it.

I guess dancefloor tunes are more my comfort, as it were? I originally did jumpy type stuff which is fine and all but nowhere near as moving to mix. But the next time I try something liquidy, I'll try to leave the dancefloor out as a change of pace!

Thanks for everything, man!

Humble Request already accepted. :)

Already DL'd, just need an opportunity to listen.

So, I'm not going to break down every single mix. I will give you the overall at the end. But I will report things that stood out for me.

Lovely tune to start with!

2:00 - Keys are a bit of an issue here. Beatmatching is great though.

8:14 - did you drop the Bass Eq here? If that's you, works nice when it come back in. This whole section is nice, good mix into the ragga

lyric song.

11:00 - 12:00 - Now this is a good mix! In key, works very well.

17:00 - Watch your levels, bass is distorting just a touch.

23:00 - TUNE!

25:00 - Very good stuff going on here. Like this a lot.

38:00 - Keys are questionable. Not real noticeable, but be aware.

43:50 - Watch the keys...

48:45 - Nice!

57:00 - Slipped a bit, but good adjustment.

72:40 - This is strong! Really good work here.

83:30 - Keys...

What can be improved - Watch the keys in some spots. Bring in new songs a bit more subtly, EQ can work a treat here. It's OK to bring harder

tracks in strong, especially if you're gonna cut back and forth, but if you're going for smooth liquid, you want be a bit more subtle.

What I liked - Great tune selection. Really this is the the kind of stuff I like as far as the liquid stuff goes. Overall, the beatmixing is

tight. This was a very solid mix.

So, I'm not going to break down every single mix. I will give you the overall at the end. But I will report things that stood out for me.

Lovely tune to start with!

2:00 - Keys are a bit of an issue here. Beatmatching is great though.

8:14 - did you drop the Bass Eq here? If that's you, works nice when it come back in. This whole section is nice, good mix into the ragga

lyric song.

11:00 - 12:00 - Now this is a good mix! In key, works very well.

17:00 - Watch your levels, bass is distorting just a touch.

23:00 - TUNE!

25:00 - Very good stuff going on here. Like this a lot.

38:00 - Keys are questionable. Not real noticeable, but be aware.

43:50 - Watch the keys...

48:45 - Nice!

57:00 - Slipped a bit, but good adjustment.

72:40 - This is strong! Really good work here.

83:30 - Keys...

What can be improved - Watch the keys in some spots. Bring in new songs a bit more subtly, EQ can work a treat here. It's OK to bring harder

tracks in strong, especially if you're gonna cut back and forth, but if you're going for smooth liquid, you want be a bit more subtle.

What I liked - Great tune selection. Really this is the the kind of stuff I like as far as the liquid stuff goes. Overall, the beatmixing is

tight. This was a very solid mix.

Thanks for all that, bruv! I was just about to leave some feedback on your most recent mix but it will very much pale in comparison to the detail you gave me!

But yeah, I've been trying to get a better ear for keys lately, and I have a feeling with these new mixes I'm throwing up that it'll be improved upon. Again, thanks for the listen, man!

Re-upped by request!

Got something new in the pipeline, be on the lookout and watch this space... as in the forum... >_>

Back
Top Bottom