DnB HAB - THE YANKEE SKANK (USA Artist Showcase) - [Dave Owen, Random Movement, Flaco...]

HAB

"Genius!"
VIP Junglist
Been planning this mix for a while and was honestly gonna hold back on it until July 4th (thinking that it'd take me that long to get everything where I wanted it) but I took the weekend and made it work. Far too often people sleep on non-UK, non-EU artists for their DNB and frankly many people don't know about the types of great music being made here in the States. Say what you will about anything else we do as a country, but to say that our producers don't make some great top-notch Drum & Bass is just unconscionable, and I feel it's my duty as an American to showcase the broad base of talent we have here.

A little bit of everything in this one including quite a few tunes you may never have heard of. Could I have thrown in your classics and hit singles (Psychedelic Drainpipe, Black Diamonds, Still Waters, Fifth Dimension)? Of course, but you know most of those tunes already. I wanted this to be a way of arranging all the many different sounds we have here that you may have either dismissed or forgotten about in a way that makes you rethink what you may believe about us gents across the pond.

Download at DNBSHARE:
http://dnbshare.com/download/The_Yankee_Skank.mp3.html

Download at SENDSPACE:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/cybuqq

Download/Stream at SOUNDCLOUD:
http://soundcloud.com/habulous/yankee

Do leave any questions, feedback, comments, praise, criticism, hate, etc.

Last edited:
Re: HAB - THE YANKEE SKANK (USA Artist Showcase) - [Dave Owen, Random Movement, Flaco

you're awesome

Re: HAB - THE YANKEE SKANK (USA Artist Showcase) - [Dave Owen, Random Movement, Flaco

Excellent concept, never knew Stakka & Skynet were U.S, look forward to this alot some amazing producers from stateside, danke

Excellent concept, never knew Stakka & Skynet were U.S, look forward to this alot some amazing producers from stateside, danke

Don't think they are, and Photek isn't either but to be fair I think they've lived in the states for a number years. America does have some seriously underrated producers though.

Go USA! Is this another one for the lovers mixes folder HAB? I have you down as next to Marvin Gaye in terms of the erotic charge you bring to you performances...

On it mate!

Don't think they are, and Photek isn't either but to be fair I think they've lived in the states for a number years. America does have some seriously underrated producers though.

I didn't see Photek in the T/L at first now you said it, I tend to glance at most tracklist's, but yes i guess they 'reside' in the U.S now, im listening now and its pretty darn good so far

Yes HAB!
Looks good man.

looks quality, nice refreshing idea for a mix too man, gona check this tomorrow.

I'm glad by all the instant interest gents! It's great to have guys who will check out your stuff even when you haven't listened to it.

I took a few liberties, obviously, as ex-pats like Photek have to count as they do, indeed, reside in the US and call it home. And there's a few tunes on here that are collabs between US artists and non-US artists, but I felt like that also works. In both cases, the fact is that every tune on here is showcasing the talent of artists that make music here in the States, and I felt that with that, they fit the necessary criteria to have tunes in this mix.

Papa J this mix starts off heavy but there are definitely some soulful parts. Erotic, well... you'll have to ask the birds when you play this for them. (Protip: you'll blow the panties right off)

Also J and Gem you both are too kind. :)

Bumpage!

Hey man decent mix, I lsitened to most of it

I like how u added the TL into the file data means I don't have to go onto the artists soundcloud if a hear a big tune lol

I wasn't feeling most of the tracks on here but there were a few gems.

at certain times there was like one block of liquid tunes etc which i think upsets the pace of the mix a bit

i think concept mixes like these r awesome tho

big up

I like how u added the TL into the file data means I don't have to go onto the artists soundcloud if a hear a big tune lol

at certain times there was like one block of liquid tunes etc which i think upsets the pace of the mix a bit

big up

Big ups for the response, sir. I do understand that this would certainly not be everyone's cup of tea, but I'm glad for the listen nonetheless.

Indeed, if I were to redo this mix, I would try to break the liquid up a bit more in the middle (even though the darker, half-time section did that quite well for me), but its a sign that liquid is what we do alot of here in the States. Its our sound, and people here love the vibes of the smoother, jazzier and soulful element of drum and bass.

I appreciate the response, though!

big up

Pretty much this, some of the liquid i was really feeling, some of the lets say different stuff just wasnt my cup of tea at all, i listened to most of it but did have to skip a few tunes.

overall tho man u did a good job at showcasing these tunes. i liked ur lovers mix or whichever one it was called, still rinse that

yeah its based on peoples preferences really the only time i listen to mixes is when i need to keep my energy levels up for gym or study so liquid isnt really conducive to thathaha

theres some darkside gems on there though

yeah its based on peoples preferences really the only time i listen to mixes is when i need to keep my energy levels up for gym or study so liquid isnt really conducive to thathaha

theres some darkside gems on there though

No, I get it, bruv, sometimes its not what everyone expects. It's all good, though, I appreciate the listen!

Bumping this! No Feedback?!

Bumping yet again. Got something in the pipeline for next month, I hope!

Not really my kinda tl but am dl'ing. You Americans sure do nationalism well

Back
Top Bottom