HAB - The Blue Label Mix (Liquid Deep + Dark) [60Mins]

HAB

"Genius!"
VIP Junglist
This mix came about as an idea from DNBForum regular and fine mixer himself, SirReal. I wanted to ditch all that synth-driven stuff that I usually drop on a dance and go to the more deep and moving liquid that is purely bass-driven. Not a mix that lacks energy, by any means, but it does stand out as having a more simple flow that I feel appeals more to real aficionados of the sound. And, of course, throwing a few absolute classics in the mix doesn't hurt either.

HABBlueLabel.jpg

The Blue Label Mix Tracklist:

1) Drumagick - Dry Your Eyes - [BMR]
2) XRS - Mad Scientist - [Inside]
3) Makoto & Kabuki - Look of Love (feat. Deeizm) - [Liquid V]
4) A-Sides - White Riesling - [Innerground]
5) Edward Oberon - Paradise - [Creative Source]
6) Vice Versa - Spacebridge - [HE: Digital]
7) Luniz - I Got 5 On It (Aphrodite Remix) - [VC Recordings]
8) Origin Unknown - Truly One (Remix Part 1) - [RAM]
9) Commix - Japanese Electronics - [Metalheadz]
10) ST Files - Crackden - [SOUL:R]
11) Subterra & Dekko - Bonsai Run - [Invisible]
12) Raiden - Roentgen - [Architecture]
13) Triad - La Calma - [Critical]
14) Rockwell & Zero Tolerance - Bone Structure - [Critical]
15) Spor & Tasha Baxter - Overdue - [Lifted]
16) Furney - Soh Cah Toa - [Red Mist]
17) Electrosoul System - In The Morning - [Grid]
18) Alix Perez - Melanie - [Shogun]
19) Commix - Just Me - [Metalheadz Dub]
20) Big Bud - Kupus U Uglu - [Soundtrax]
21) Hobzee & Zyon Base - 125th Street - [Fokuz]
22) Random Movement - A Good Start is Saying No - [Innerground]

Download in 320kbps MP3:
http://dnbshare.com/download/HABBlue.mp3.html

Soundcloud:

(Note: The soundcloud version is slightly edited at the end due to Soundcloud's time restrictions.)

As always, feedback is encouraged and appreciated!

Last edited:
tracklisting looks big, will get back to you once I've listened

Intrigued by

19) Commix - Just Me - [Metalheadz Dub]

Haven't heard anything about this tune, is it a free release & it's passed me by or are you mates with the metalheadz camp?

cool, picked up the basic principles remix & Painted smile from their soundcloud, so will have a dig for this one.

oh, and 10 mins into the mix and sounding tight mate

Are you the same Alexi that made that Footsoldier tune? I was actually pretty fond of that tune.

Looks good mate, will leave feedback after a listen. Hope all is god with you.

Eh, you all. All is as well as can be expected. Thanks for the lookout, mate.

It seems all is well on your end, blessing the decks with that big mix man.

Nice one HAB, listened to this today wile constructing some bastard piece of furniture from IKEA. It really help the time go by and opened my eyes to a few tracks i have wanted.

Mixing was very tight, great selection (nice and varied) and all in all flowed effortlessly. Highly recommend

Nice one HAB, listened to this today wile constructing some bastard piece of furniture from IKEA. It really help the time go by and opened my eyes to a few tracks i have wanted.

Mixing was very tight, great selection (nice and varied) and all in all flowed effortlessly. Highly recommend

Lousy IKEA. Damn Swedish furniture...

But yes, mate, thanks alot for the listen. You asked me to try and do a mix that doesn't move towards the dancefloor, and this is pretty close to what I was intending. Of course, the opening is a little jumpy, but I think it's quite alright.

Look of Love, Overdue and 125th Street - lovely tunes there - will track them down i reckon ! the moodier half-time section was nice - awesome bass will be searching a few of them out as well.
.... throwing a few absolute classics in the mix doesn't hurt either.
I didn't 'get' this part of your set, I like the tunes but I just didn't follow the vibe into '5 on it' but after Truly 1 rmx i was back with your flow.

What are you mixing on ? sounds very clean, no wobbles of any real note in the beat mixing and no 'whirring' when turning the platter so top job.

Look of Love, Overdue and 125th Street - lovely tunes there - will track them down i reckon ! the moodier half-time section was nice - awesome bass will be searching a few of them out as well.
I didn't 'get' this part of your set, I like the tunes but I just didn't follow the vibe into '5 on it' but after Truly 1 rmx i was back with your flow.

What are you mixing on ? sounds very clean, no wobbles of any real note in the beat mixing and no 'whirring' when turning the platter so top job.

Thanks for the listen mate, and yeah, I really do like quite a lot of these tunes. That Spor tune is a very different vibe for them, but it was my absolute favorite on the EP when it came out.

The Luniz/Origin Unknown bit is a bit jarring, yeah, but it was mostly to kinda just wake the crowd up as it were. It went off really well when it happened though!

Equipment was the house sound which I believe were Technics 1210s, but I'll have to get back to you on that. I also had a CDJ800 that a mate let me borrow to hook up for the digital-exclusive tunes, but I reckon I only had to use it a handful of times for this mix.

You really couldn't hear the whirring? I noticed it most when I went back and listened at around the 40 minute mark, but if you can't hear it, well, I did my job!

i didn't realise was a recording of a live gig, can understand the usage of them 'old' tracks in that context but i had assumed it was a 'studio' one ! mixing into Soh Cah Toa is sound to me ... all good !

i didn't realise was a recording of a live gig, can understand the usage of them 'old' tracks in that context but i had assumed it was a 'studio' one ! mixing into Soh Cah Toa is sound to me ... all good !

Yeah we had a great recording set up but a pretty average actual soundsystem. :(

It probably actually sounds better on here than it did for the people at the gathering!

Back
Top Bottom