Multi Genre HAB - Rubiks Cubes & Mullets (A Dance Tribute to the 80s) ROCKWELL, GRUM, METRIK, CS

HAB

"Genius!"
VIP Junglist
This mix has been a long while in the making, and I'm so glad to finally have mixed it properly and gotten it out for the masses. I've loved the sound that's coming out in the dance scene these days that harks back to that early 80s vibe. Some call it nu-disco when it comes to house, but I just call it damn fine music, and there are plenty of artists just scraping the surface of that beautiful vibe that makes me all warm and fuzzy with nostalgia. With plenty of great DNB to boot that have vague hints towards 80s nostalgia and the occasional mashup for good measure (since it wouldn't be a great HAB mix without it), I'm really happy with the final product. So, throw on some leg warmers and let's take it back to the old school!

njxH9.jpg

Download/Stream at SOUNDCLOUD:

Download at DNBSHARE:
http://dnbshare.com/download/Rubiks_Cubes_Mullets.mp3.html

Download .cue sheet at SENDSPACE:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yg277k

Download FULL SIZE ART at imgur:
Cover: http://i.imgur.com/eN3UQ.jpg
Back: http://i.imgur.com/QOLKu.jpg

Do leave any questions, feedback, comments, praise, criticism, hate, etc. This mix is pretty out there, so if you think you can help me out, let me know!

Last edited:
Re: HAB - Rubiks Cubes & Mullets (A Dance Tribute to the 80s) ROCKWELL, GRUM, METRIK,

when i saw the theme i thought this had to have genetic bros in there somewhere and indeed it has. i'll listen soon mayn (y)

Re: HAB - Rubiks Cubes & Mullets (A Dance Tribute to the 80s) ROCKWELL, GRUM, METRIK,

Absolute class mate, I have lots of love for this one! Superb mixing between genres, really amazing. And just enough Grum bits for me to be fully satisfied :) Just a note, that Noisia track is called Sweet Dreams :D

when i saw the theme i thought this had to have genetic bros in there somewhere and indeed it has. i'll listen soon mayn (y)

Haha, yes, of course! GeneticBros obviously has the 80s retro sound and I'm honestly surprised more of his tunes didn't make the cut Hope you enjoy!

Absolute class mate, I have lots of love for this one! Superb mixing between genres, really amazing. And just enough Grum bits for me to be fully satisfied :) Just a note, that Noisia track is called Sweet Dreams :D

Yeah, I told you it was going to be your cuppa, didn't I? Gotta love that Grum sound, wish more people were doing that style as well as he is. And actually, the Noisia tune is a cover of Sweet Dreams by Eurythmics, but when they released it they didn't call it a remix, just gave it a different name. I know, I did the research.

amped to hear this one

I'm glad to hear it! Hope you enjoy and leave some feedback on it!

My bad then...thought I found it the other day as Sweet Dreams (Noisia Remix) :D

It very much could be attributed as that, but the version I downloaded all those years ago when they released it was called what I wrote. But hell, whatever, right? Its a big tune!

It very much could be attributed as that, but the version I downloaded all those years ago when they released it was called what I wrote. But hell, whatever, right? Its a big tune!

Yeah, let's go with that :)

Whatever works, right?

this looks insanely different haha, gona download listen and all that jazz

Haha cheers, J! I hope you enjoy it, as I'm really feeling the vibes on this.

awesome idea and mix man! enjoyed every minute!

Thanks a bunch, man! Its something I've been wanting to do for a while now!

i really like the diversity of tunes man, not something i'd normally listen to but i enjoyed it all the same!

the mix with billie jean was top quality!

one request though, never play that knife party remix again :D

nice one!

i really like the diversity of tunes man, not something i'd normally listen to but i enjoyed it all the same!

the mix with billie jean was top quality!

I was particularly proud of that Billie Jean mix. It sounded so good and I'm really glad it got recorded precisely the way I wanted. I still bop to it just thinking about it.

one request though, never play that knife party remix again :D

It's really fucking awful, isn't it? I'll have you know that all I wanted, obviously, was the intro to it, and to be honest getting that Sonic tune cued up in time during the Com Truise track in order to double drop it was the hardest part of the mix! I wanted all the intro and none of the drop, because after the drop it is just... god, it hurts my ears just thinking about having it in my headphones.

Bumping thiiiiiiiis

soooo i just got round to listening, what a mix man! same with all your other mixes, the amount of effort that must have gone into this is pretty rare in here. loved orhwurm > ubik, and good to hear a few tracks i love but haven't heard in a while like take your time and brighter day. much love for 4U as well, fits the vibe for sure. always a pleasure mate, sorry it's taken so long to get on this! (*sits waiting for the next one*)

Yes mate.

I'll have to add you pon soundcloud as can't dl music atm.

What is it? Habulous?!

soooo i just got round to listening, what a mix man! same with all your other mixes, the amount of effort that must have gone into this is pretty rare in here. loved orhwurm > ubik, and good to hear a few tracks i love but haven't heard in a while like take your time and brighter day. much love for 4U as well, fits the vibe for sure. always a pleasure mate, sorry it's taken so long to get on this! (*sits waiting for the next one*)

Thanks alot, J! I can always count on you for good feedback and ego-stroking. But yeah, I put alot of thought into this one, and actually cut out the little dubstep section I had a bit regretfully as it sounded REALLY good the few times I practiced it. But alas, instead I opted for more dnb. REALLY love that Ubik tune, as everything Subwave does is pretty amazing, but I like the 80s sci-fi feel (which works really well with Com Truise' entire catalog), and I'm so glad all the tunes really fit the theme I was going for. Big ups!

Next one is looking to be a nice, soulful dnb-only affair. Watch this space!

Yes mate.

I'll have to add you pon soundcloud as can't dl music atm.

What is it? Habulous?!

Haha, yeah. Habulous. Like Absolutely Fabulous.

Be sure to add me. Its usually the place I upload things to first.

Back
Top Bottom