DnB HAB - ROLLER DERBY (INNERSOUL Mix Series!) [90 Minutes of Funky Liquid Vibes]

HAB

"Genius!"
VIP Junglist
I was approached a while ago to do a mix and interview for the massive Innersoul Mix Series, and was completely honored to be mentioned alongside such Innersoul contributors as Mr. Joseph and msDoS. I had an idea for a mix already in mind and decided to spend quite a bit more time than I should have neglecting my life and focusing on making this mix as best as I could. By name obviously a follow up to my Rollers Mix from a bit back, I tried to bring some similar vibes, but nothing EXACTLY the same. This time, I wanted to focus on the sounds of funky samples, bringing back to that great golden sound of the 70s and 80s. I have that vibe on the beginning and end of the mix like bookends while the center is all soulful gooey liquid goodness, all with a healthy dose of hip-hop on either end. Give it a listen, give the interview a read, as I am exceedingly proud of how this project came out.

You can check out the interview and mix here at the Innersoul Mix Series Webpage: http://innersoulmusic.co.uk/index.php?/project/mix-series-hab/

Download/Stream at INNERSOUL SOUNDCLOUD:

View FullSize Cover Artwork at IMAGESHACK:
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/9926/rollerderbyrotated.png

Do leave any questions, feedback, comments, praise, criticism, hate, etc

Last edited:
legend, needed some new liquidy style bits, all over this man

liked the interview as well man, interesting read (y) cheers for the little shout :)

Last edited:
Well...I really don't know what to add here. I have to admit I only knew like 2 or 3 tunes (means I've heard them before), so I really enjoyed every tune in there, never knew what's gonna hit me next. I would dare to say this is the best mix of yours I've had a pleasure to hear out. Selection was totally spot on, pure vibes inside out. I admire your mixing technique, it's amazing how well you can mix hip-hop with dnb, the same applies to slightly different drum patterns and so on. On top of that the mix with Breathtaking remix has to be the most splendid I've heard in a long time. It's really groovy yet chilled out. I've had 3 full listens already, will give it much more in the forthcoming days for sure. My favourite 2012 mixtape so far for sure :)

exactly as above, i knew hardly any of these tunes.

bonus, as it really opened my eyes to a lot, that nookie remix in particular is sick. lovely vibes through out, and i loved the way it progressed. going in the car so i can rinse it whilst driving round too man, will edit this with anything else that comes to mind next time i listen to it!

keep it up man, class as per - just what i needed for the hourly dose of semi sunshine i get if i'm lucky haha!

Big ups you guys for the feedback! I really dug the vibes of these tunes and I'm glad you guys were feeling it. The Breathtaking mix was a big risk and was actually a lot more difficult than I thought to make happen. I like how it flowed and I really enjoyed making this mix.

Looks lovely mate, will listen and let you know what's good

You heading down to Plan B this Friday?

big mix HAB, also thanks for the shout out! enjoyed the change in pace with most tracks coming in at the first breakdown of the last, kept it varied. i was definitely a lot more familiar with that middle section from 6 degrees through to riverbank, plenty of tracks i've been loving for a while but yeah i agree with everyone else, it's a great tune showcase and its strength lies in the fact that you can guarantee no one will know every track in the mix. big ups for including a nujabes track too, guy was mad talented shame he died. free la funk and horizons at the end, standard vibes!

the overall quality of your mixes are always pretty flawless and creative, and you have liquid mixes on lockdown i dont think many others come close. give some of us a chance ay :)

also i am so excited for innersoul on friday, been rinsing that eveson album launch set like nothing else the last few weeks

Yeah there's very little I can say about Nujabes that hasn't already been said. So talented, so above and beyond his contemporaries. Real shame he passed like he did.

Thanks for the love, Jack, those are some pretty kind words about the mix. I really didn't think it was so over-the-top amazingly good, but I'm glad you thought so. Don't worry, the next few mixes I have lined up aren't really liquid-based at all.

And to both you and Spyto, I really can't go to Plan B given that, well, you know, I'm on the wrong continent.

I'd have to sell my body nightly to be able to afford a proper vacation to the UK, and frankly I'm not ready to make that sort of a career move at this point in my life.

Back
Top Bottom