DnB HAB - Rainy City Nights

HAB

"Genius!"
VIP Junglist
Been a while since I did a liquid mix, or a mix at all lately, and I got a week of free time so I finished up my 100th or so take of this mix and finally got it all where I wanted. The idea behind this mix was an emphasis on the music that fits the mood of driving through the city at night, the stress of traffic and poor visibility. Musically, my focus on this mix was to string together rhythmic rolling basslines and steady drums while highlighting a focus on somber piano, with a fair share of hiphop influence mixed in as standard. I'm very pleased with the result and really hope that you all will be too.

Tracklist:

(click the art for full-sized version!)

Download/Stream at SOUNDCLOUD:

Dig it? Vote for this mix as this month's featured Member Mix! Check here:
http://dnbforum.com/threads/submit-your-mixes-to-win.183434/

Do leave any questions, feedback, comments, praise, criticism, hate, etc.

Last edited:
This was a truly great mix HAB. Fantastic track selection, excellent pacing and harmonic mixing. Each of the tracks complimented each very well indeed. I will keep coming back to this one for sure!

Wattup HAB! I have listened to some of your mixes along the way but never commented. After 20 or 30 post there isn't really much left to say ha ha. So enough with the meet and greet. First off congratulations with the member mix of the month win!;) This mix was amazing from start to finish. Love the way you broke it down into Matchsticks to switch the feel up on the mix and was well placed. Getting back out of the switch can be tricky but you pulled it off well with the vocal of All Yours over Not Yet. From All Yours on was top shelf mang. Bank - Church ....what a tune. Hadn't heard that one but will have to bag now. A little miss on No Reply but nothing big and my mixes always have those....standard ha ha. But for me that The Wolves/Deep Cover mix was my fuck off moment......so good mang! love the way you brought Banks in at the end as well. I hate driving in the rain at night but next time it does i might have to take a little hour and 15 minute stroll to see how this does. I wish i had the time and patience to put something together like this and even if i had that i still might not come up with something like this. Top work mang and hope to see something else soon!

Oh and your stateside right? Where you at?

Beautifully deep!

Really enjoyed this mate. The whole vibe was mellow and deep. Goose bump business.
Selection as always = on point. Lots of my personal favorites in there, and it wouldn't be a HAB mix without me discovering some new tracks.

Seriously mate, big up. One for the ipod.

I love you all.

Beautifully deep!

Really enjoyed this mate. The whole vibe was mellow and deep. Goose bump business.
Selection as always = on point. Lots of my personal favorites in there, and it wouldn't be a HAB mix without me discovering some new tracks.

Seriously mate, big up. One for the ipod.

Teddy bruv you're far too kind, man. I really am always glad that you can take the time out and give a listen. The fact that there are tunes on here that the Don doesn't know surprises me, but I'm quite glad that I turned on you onto some new ones. Really, man thank you.

Will definitely give this a rinse!
All over this HAB! Will drop some thoughts when I've had a few listens (y)
on this mix!
standard, feedback to follow!

Cheers for the shout!

Enjoyed is like too weak of a word to describe this last 73 minutes of my life. I just don't get it how good your mixes are bruv, really. Will try to leave some detailed feedback soon, but basically it's gonna be all praise lol :)

I don't do anything special, Vaclav! I admit I spend a ton of time and scrap the ideas many times before its perfect, but otherwise I just mix what sounds right. You guys do it too, so don't act all humble and think you lot don't do just as good a job at putting a mix together. You're all fantastic.

This was a truly great mix HAB. Fantastic track selection, excellent pacing and harmonic mixing. Each of the tracks complimented each very well indeed. I will keep coming back to this one for sure!

DED thank you so much man. I will continue to try to make sure mixes flow and pace themselves out correctly, and take a lot of time doing so, so thank you for noticing!

Love it! been raining the whole day and this just fits the mood & atmosphere perfectly

That was my inspiration! I've had some miserable drives in the rain and this really coalesced from the emotions you get from somber frustration. Glad it was conveyed well!

Ayyy thanks, man!

Oh and your stateside right? Where you at?

New England. We get alot of rain here. Thank you so much for the feedback, Knoxx! I admit I've given only a bare listen to your mixes in the past but I'll be sure to give the next one my full attention, big ups!

Wurd....I'm in va. If u ever play anywhere close give me a shout mang. Will def come out and support. No sweat on listening to my mixes. I listen to a good bit but don't comment as much as I use too. Mainly just try to leave something for people that do the same for me or the ones that I respect for their craft. Mainly all the guys that posted on here ha ha. Ez hab and look forward to the next one.

Well that was sick as fuck. Perfect selection throughout, harmonies on point and kept it rolling through nicely. Liked, commented and while definitely be rinsing that more than once

Wurd....I'm in va. If u ever play anywhere close give me a shout mang.

Last time I was down there was over ten years ago, but I really dug it. I took a holiday down to Charleston once, which is a bit further south than you, but it was lovely. I've heard Richmond's a nice little place.

Well that was sick as fuck. Perfect selection throughout, harmonies on point and kept it rolling through nicely. Liked, commented and while definitely be rinsing that more than once

You da bess. <3 Thanks for the love, man!

Just seen this will grab now...always on point HAB
yessss all over this, tracklist looks lovely, can't wait to listen.

Thanks, gents! Really appreciate the love from two of my favorite DJs on the forum.

Back
Top Bottom