DnB HAB - PULSE (Nonstop Neuro Dancefloor Stormers!) [Noisia, Mefjus, Ed Rush, Ad Gannon]

HAB

"Genius!"
VIP Junglist
Did a mix back a bit ago for a party at a friend's, decided to try and tweak and recreate it in the lab and really liked how this one turned out. This one's for the dancefloor all the way, and it does do a major job of getting people moving. Energy level's always high, along with a few surprises along the way. Namely my first mix with Marka (I just had to!), and a section near the end of some semi-old-school classics mixed with fresh new cuts. Hope you all enjoy!

dWABR.png

Download/Stream at SOUNDCLOUD:

Download at Dropbox:
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/0kgyxoznsnm2xv6/Pulse.mp3?dl=1

View FullSize Artwork at POSTIMAGE:
http://s10.postimage.org/591s2abhz/pulse.png

Do leave any questions, feedback, comments, praise, criticism, hate, etc.

Last edited:
Re: HAB - PULSE (Nonstop Neuro Dancefloor Stormers!) [Noisia, Mefjus, Ed Rush, Ad Gan

oooo this looks top mate, some big tunes in there

(bullet time remix of tomb raider sounds sick in my head so i'm sure it'll live up to expectations!) just listening to teddys now so will peep later if i dont find a film or tomorrow :)

Re: HAB - PULSE (Nonstop Neuro Dancefloor Stormers!) [Noisia, Mefjus, Ed Rush, Ad Gan

tracklist is me gusta

10 mins mate, and sounding extremely tidy. Will give you some proper feedback shortly :)

intro was good man, thought agony and ecstasy needed to be a bit louder when far too close dropped though, got slightly overpowered. very good mix though, tunes sit really well together!
mix with dustup killed it, i've been mixing dustup with out the blue, it goes really well with any kind of synth led tune and this was no exception.. really nice, good switch in styles.
never heard that metrik tune before, not bad actually, liked it with dustup but wanted more dustup with it though to balance it out and give it slightly more punch.
really smooth transition with deep in my heart, tunes worked so well together, lovely blend, musical yet energetic.

got quite lost in this next bit, lots of tunes i don't know and would never really listen to tbh, but i didn't notice the transitions which tells me they were clean and the tunes worked well with each other, that drumsteppy bit in one of them sounded pretty sweet to be fair.

got back into the swing of it with that jade tune, drums rolled out really well - then the vocals from barricade came in nicely and complimented the mix really well.

next section was all really solid man, you can tell you think about the mixes as they all fit together well, no odd key clashes or any of that malarkey so kudos there

really liked mirador with concussion, concussion is such a big tune still, vocals coming over it sounded superb.

next bit wasn't really my thing tbh, end of days is not my thing at all i'm afraid!

liked generation lost with hit the ground, nice switch up, slight slip but it had been perfect up untill anyway so moot point really!

ahhh wanted moar bullet time with tomb raider :( thought it was gona sound sick but oh well, can't have everything!

mob justice remix sounded really good with snorkel remix as well man.

all in all a really good mix, you clearly spend lots of time selecting tunes and putting them with others that you think will work so lot of respect for that. Really enjoyable the bits that were to my taste, top as ever Hab.

add to basket
proceed to checkout!

on it mate!

Cheers to wingz and Teddy and Trev, let me know what you think!

J thank you for the lovely in depth feedback. To match a couple points, I know in the end the mix with Agony + Ecstacy with Far Too Close sounds a bit washed out, but believe it or not, the mixer was showing that my levels were starting to max out whenever I tried doing this mix any other way. Turns out the bass on Far Too Close is so wicked that it was starting to distort the overall sound unless I brought the HC tune down lower. I only know this because its the first mix and I had to try to record it like eleven times over.

That drumsteppy bit is the Reso tune, which I really liked when I heard it on a Dexcell mix a bit back. Loved how the synths poked through over the Jade tune, so I'm glad that got noticed!

Breach >>> End of Days >>> Marka was admittedly the weakest part of the mix to me, but I was a big fan of it nonetheless. I took a risk on the End of Days >>> Marka part because every bloody mix these days has Marka in it somehow and I've been good and abstained from doing my part in rinsing it to death. I figure if I am going to mix it, I want to do it in creative ways, so I thought this would be a good way to do it.

Sorry to disappoint, some of the early versions of this mix had me let Bullet Time air out a bit more over Tomb Raider, but I couldn't get it to sound right with the beatmatching, so I just faded Bullet Time out. Sorry, bruv!

Thanks again for the listen and feedback. I live for feedback and always love putting stuff up here on the forum for that purpose! And sharing it with you lot, of course!

Right mate, had to give this a second listen cause I can't listen and type at the same time, my brain is simple.

Agony Ecstasy > Far Too Close came in very swishly indeed, thought maybe agony could have been a tad louder in the mix, but always better too quiet than too loud man. Completely overlooked far too close as been rinsing distania, lovely little deep bassline on it.

Dust up > Came in really nice, actually complemented each other really well which i wasn't expecting to be honest, worked really well.

Metrik > Never heard this one before, had dust up in perfectly eqed anymore louder it wouldn't of sat as good. Good summer tune.

Deep In My Heart > again flawless beat matching man, came in so smooth, best mix so far very complementary, vocals came in perfectly.

Bad Trip > lovely stuff, eqing perfection.

Quark > Not a massive fan of the tune dude but mix was cool.

Voices of a distant star > This the drumsteppy womper? Tad lost as it's so smooth, sounds like reso, wicked tune that I was unaware of man

Hyperion > Things just picked up in pace, filthy tune, again love how you leave the exiting track in so it's still there and doesn't dominate the mix. Exit was very clean.

Barricade > Stepping it up a gear, thought when this one was coming there some bass lacking from somewhere man, when it dropped it sounded big though. Can't comment on specifics both tunes are new to me.

Arachnoise > Phwoar wicked tune, those stabs. Sick. Then goes down tempo I think.

Chubrub > Came in epicly with those pads from barricade, hoping for a double drop there mate but hey its chubrub, its a beast on it's own.

Mirador > Came in well would of like some more mid on chubrub and I always love switching to chubrub on that bit were mirador drops for bit without any drums if that makes sense.

Concussion > Tought you could of had the 'set you free' poking out a little more here mate, but masterfully crafted mix, never get bored of this tune. Select.

Breach > Yeh tight man, big tune this, good mix.

End of days > came in quite suddenly this one not the biggest fan of this tune man.

Marka > See what you doing man, eqed well, but not for me this one, just a little too extreme on the spectrum. Sometimes this works though don't get me wrong.

Halo > Better mix, still would have put the two together but worked ok. Again eqing was spot on.

Steamroller > This is one for the dance, nice groove to it.

Pitch Drifter > Hit the ground - love it when the vocal on pitch drifter came in, wicked mix. Really complemented each other.

Generation Lost > slightly out but corrected in microseconds, barely noticable. Not bad mix man.

Special > bassline poked through with some screwface.

Atlas > Yeh ok

Book of Sight > Tuscan Rider > Fucking bad, big tune.

Bullet Time Remix > Filth.

Tomb Raider > Came in very well, proper classic track.

Flashpoint > Again haven't heard this one, like it.

Mysterons > Love this tune still rinse it, big party vibes, came in quite suddenly though man, which is good in a way but just felt if you had it coming in earlier the transition would have been sharper.

Shadow Knows > Chucked that one in nicely, again similar comments to mix above, definitely got your own style which is good see.

Mob justice > ANY sick melodic bassline works with this tune, would go off this mix no doubt.

Snorkel > Yeh done this one myself before BIG

HAB hope your content with my feeble attempt at detailed feedback mate, just want to let you know this mix was tight as you like, you've got beatmatching and eqing on fucking lockdown. Selectionwise, some tunes I'm not aware of which will be bagged, some utter classics, others not so keen on, but that's what it's all about. Some really fresh mixes, nice to hear some different sounds, you've definitely got your own style which is something you want to keep. Will be checking your next one for sure, really enjoyed it.

Big up yourself man!

Cheers to you for that, Trev. I noticed you weren't too familiar with the old school State of Mind tunes, which for me were just the lushest thing of that era of 2006ish or so. Had to pay some homage to that with those in the mix. Glad you were feeling everything you were, and I'm glad to see that you and J had about the same criticisms. Means that the things I'm doing wrong are pretty noticeable and the things I'm doing right are just as. I took some risks with this one, not my normal sound, but I figured I wanted to share it with you all and see what you thought. Obviously don't spend as much time slaving over these as my liquid mixes, but I know I should!

Big ups to all that have listened and left some feedback!

And a weekend bump for this!

Giving both my mixes a bump as I have YET ANOTHER that's nearing completion, and trust me... its looking amazing.

Back
Top Bottom