Multi Genre HAB - Pitfalls! [Liquid, Deep, Dubstep, Hip-Hop] (Com Strange/Icicle/Furney/Perez)

HAB

"Genius!"
VIP Junglist
Been meaning to get a mix like this out for a long time now. I'm a huge fan of the soulful DNB going around right now and have been dropping it with some deep bangers when I'm out. I like how the two mix: the rolling element and the deep bouncey element, and really dig how I've been making them work together. The name, of course, comes from the sudden drops from high-flying soul to deep down and dirty bass. Got a little bit of everything in this mix, and honestly don't have time to be as huge a perfectionist about my recording as I normally would be, so there are plenty of little technical glitches in here that I apologize for in advance. Nevertheless I love the vibes in this mix and think that its a really good representation of the kinds of stuff I'm feeling right now. Hope you guys enjoy!

Kjefp.png

Download at DNBSHARE:
http://dnbshare.com/download/Pitfalls.mp3.html

Download at MEDIAFIRE:
http://www.mediafire.com/?q1irn5llfdv7nm5

(Soundcloud's being a bugger again about copyrights. Gonna find another place to stream!)

Download .cue sheet at SENDSPACE:
Coming Soon!

Do leave any questions, feedback, comments, praise, criticism, hate, etc.

Last edited:
Re: HAB - Pitfalls! [Liquid, Deep, Dubstep, Hip-Hop] (Com Strange/Icicle/Furney/Per

This looks fucking big! Pon the DL HAB, gonna rinse it and will come back soon with some feedback ;)

Re: HAB - Pitfalls! [Liquid, Deep, Dubstep, Hip-Hop] (Com Strange/Icicle/Furney/Per

large man, on it

LARGE! I'm on this mate...first tune's habsolutely wicked! :shades:

on thisssssss

Good looking everyone. Thanks for the immediate interest. This one's definitely not my usual cuppa, but I have a feeling it'll be enjoyed nonetheless.

yes HAB TL looks large as usual.

love that Come Correct tune, so looking forward to hearing it in the mix.
big up pal.

yes HAB TL looks large as usual.

love that Come Correct tune, so looking forward to hearing it in the mix.
big up pal.

Big ups, stu. And yeah, Come Correct is a great tune. Very simple but good! I think it mixed quite well here!

Nice one! And +1 for the superb Atari Pitfall throwback album art.

Cheers!

Thanks man, look forward to this

See you took the time to check my mix.. so i thought id do the same and fuck me im impresssed!!
serious tune selection, managed to add about 10 tunes to my beatport which is always a massive bonus :)
love the soulfull vibe, feeling it as much as the darker stuff these days so this mix was perfect for me! suprised you didnt have any technicolour or komatic in there
Anyway apart from the odd slip which is the same in anyones mixes.. its a biggg mix. first 20mins was probably my favourite part
Will be checking any of yours in future bro!

Thanks man, look forward to this

Big ups to yourself, Toejam. Hope you enjoy!

See you took the time to check my mix.. so i thought id do the same and fuck me im impresssed!!
serious tune selection, managed to add about 10 tunes to my beatport which is always a massive bonus :)
love the soulfull vibe, feeling it as much as the darker stuff these days so this mix was perfect for me! suprised you didnt have any technicolour or komatic in there
Anyway apart from the odd slip which is the same in anyones mixes.. its a biggg mix. first 20mins was probably my favourite part
Will be checking any of yours in future bro!

I usually do alot of Technicolour/Komatic stuff in my more liquid-oriented mix, but honestly outside of Winter Rose not much would have really fit in this mix. The vibes just weren't what I was looking for. I'll actually have you know, though, that I tooled around with this mix originally and 'Make It Right' was in this mix at like three different spots in three different revisions before I gave up on it entirely.

Glad you enjoyed, man, and found things to supplement your beatport cart with! I'll keep an eye out for yours as well. Thanks for the listen!

Well I was thinking about writing my usual trying-to-be-in-depth feedback, but it would be a waste of time really, as applies to almost any of your recent mixes.
First - I don't know like a half of them tunes and I know shit about mixing hip-hop or slower stuff in general, second - it's seems pretty fucking flawless to me. And least, but not last - the main asset of your mixes is creating the atmosphere, in which you have no real competition let me tell you that :)
Pure class, that's all I have to say about this one. Gonna be stuck in my iPod for ages again. You're the man, HAB, well played! :)

Last edited:

whilst i dont think this has anything on your rollers mix, this one is still so well done its impossible not to like. i really enjoyed the final third, rags > guidance was like what the fuuuuu. how that worked i dont know, really unique stuff. i didnt have access to the tracklist as i was listening so it was really engaging just appreciating the flow, theres a lot of stuff in there ive never heard before. felt like there were a few weaker moments like that circles remix, i was getting ready for some serious vibes on the bus thinking it was the original!. but yeah self control through to the end was very sick. its great that you continue to push the potential of a mix, needs to be applauded. this is much more than a collection of tracks, all kept together by the wonderful artwork. these things take time and i massively appreciate that. big ups as always

Well I was thinking about writing my usual trying-to-be-in-depth feedback, but it would be a waste of time really, as applies to almost any of your recent mixes.
First - I don't know like a half of them tunes and I know shit about mixing hip-hop or slower stuff in general, second - it's seems pretty fucking flawless to me. And least, but not last - the main asset of your mixes is creating the atmosphere, in which you have no real competition let me tell you that :)
Pure class, that's all I have to say about this one. Gonna be stuck in my iPod for ages again. You're the man, HAB, well played! :)

Very kind words, Gem, and I appreciate you saying them. I'm glad I have a reputation for setting a mood with a mix, and even though I think the whole point of this one was to NOT be so cohesive, it still worked out really well. The drops between vibes and genres were still meant to not be too abrasive, so I'm glad you agree.

Still thinking about doing a sequal to Rubiks Cubes & Mullets, but may need your input on tunes to throw in! I know if anyone can do it, you can!

whilst i dont think this has anything on your rollers mix, this one is still so well done its impossible not to like. i really enjoyed the final third, rags > guidance was like what the fuuuuu. how that worked i dont know, really unique stuff. i didnt have access to the tracklist as i was listening so it was really engaging just appreciating the flow, theres a lot of stuff in there ive never heard before. felt like there were a few weaker moments like that circles remix, i was getting ready for some serious vibes on the bus thinking it was the original!. but yeah self control through to the end was very sick. its great that you continue to push the potential of a mix, needs to be applauded. this is much more than a collection of tracks, all kept together by the wonderful artwork. these things take time and i massively appreciate that. big ups as always

Big ups for the love for the artwork! Mimicking that Atari-style cover was a bitch, I'll have you know! I'm glad you got caught up in the vibes, man, as that's exactly what I wanted to do. Rags -> Guidance -> Just Relax... was a personal favorite mix of mine in this one, and I knew it would be your style.

Kinda on the same tip as Gem, I REALLY want to work on a redux of Rollers since it was just that good. That mix took a bloody bear of a time to plan, though, you should know! So many good tunes out there right now and not NEARLY enough time to work on all the projects I have in my head.

Very kind words, Gem, and I appreciate you saying them. I'm glad I have a reputation for setting a mood with a mix, and even though I think the whole point of this one was to NOT be so cohesive, it still worked out really well. The drops between vibes and genres were still meant to not be too abrasive, so I'm glad you agree.

Still thinking about doing a sequal to Rubiks Cubes & Mullets, but may need your input on tunes to throw in! I know if anyone can do it, you can!

No worries mate. And wicked, I have to admit that's my favourite one (I just can't help myself when I hear groovy music) :) Will definitely try to help you out, I'll send you few suggestions later.

HAB mate.
Seriously? give the rest of a chance.

this was so good. def one for those who appreciate all styles and tempos.

mixing/eq was spot on throughout. think i only heard one lil bit i thought whooa at but it was fixed really quickly.
at first i thought i'd downloaded the wrong mixtape when i heard the intro. ha ha

the vibe of this was next level. usually i get a bit scared that theres gonna be cheese when the terms liquid arises, but there was none of that.
Started off nice, soulfull and jazzy, seamlessly transisted to a bit of dub then when the dnb came back in it was swish and i was ready for some beats again, and it gave it a real impact.

that circles remix was mad.. thats how to strip a tune back and make a remix. I'll be sourcing that track.
continued the vibe with some serious minimal tracks, that come correct tune is awesome.
and that mix with seven. swish!
brining it back up tempo with some tougher beats, then a hip hop number.. great way to finish off.

its just so well thought out mate. you have a knack of finding some great tracks spaning all sub genres that ive never even heard of. you can tell you don't just throw mixtapes together and the effort pays off.

major big ups man.
defo pod worthy for future reference.

its just so well thought out mate. you have a knack of finding some great tracks spaning all sub genres that ive never even heard of. you can tell you don't just throw mixtapes together and the effort pays off.

major big ups man.
defo pod worthy for future reference.

This x 100

already on my Ipod, been rinsing for the last few days.
Your definitely the go to man for a well thought out mix. No clashes, no wierd transitions, just smooth!

no point really going into detail about EQ'ing beatmatching, etc all on point.

would love to see a deeper techier kind of mix from you in the future, will be on the lookout for your next pal!

And I liked Come Correct in the mix! shame it wasn't on vinyl...might have bagged,

Big ups once again. Certainly one of the better DJ's on the forum pal :2thumbs:

HAB mate.
Seriously? give the rest of a chance.

Haha, you're too kind, Teddy. I'm really glad you enjoyed it, man. It's always good to hear someone of your caliber say such nice things about what I do, and I'm really pleased to know you thought it was that good. I try my best to find tunes that just work in the mix, and I suppose the search for the tunes and the way of putting them into place is what takes me so damned long to even get started on a mix. Lots of trial and error, I'll have you know. Good to see it pays off!

This x 100

already on my Ipod, been rinsing for the last few days.
Your definitely the go to man for a well thought out mix. No clashes, no wierd transitions, just smooth!

no point really going into detail about EQ'ing beatmatching, etc all on point.

would love to see a deeper techier kind of mix from you in the future, will be on the lookout for your next pal!

And I liked Come Correct in the mix! shame it wasn't on vinyl...might have bagged,

Big ups once again. Certainly one of the better DJ's on the forum pal :2thumbs:

Big ups to you, Stu, and I'm glad Come Correct was such a hit. Really dig the vibes on that tune and I'm glad it worked in this mix. I really appreciate you saying what you do about my mixing. Makes me feel really good about what I do. In the future I may be looking at doing a more deep, vibesy mix but honestly I've got a ton of different plans right now and one is nearing completion. Big fan of a certain sound right now and when it comes out, I hope I do it justice in a mix.

Back
Top Bottom