Multi Genre HAB - Low

HAB

"Genius!"
VIP Junglist
Been waiting to do a mix like this for a while now. I've been all over the place with my tastes lately, and have found that no matter what tempos or sub-genres I delve into, I always gravitate more towards the low end of things on the spectrum, with deep dark basses and lovely melodies. So over the past few weeks I've been gathering my favorite tunes from all across and trying to make them work in a mix that represents where my interests are right now. Whether they be dnb, dubstep, grime, house, garage, or whatever else, I found about 200 or so tunes that I wanted to include, but these 43 were the ones that made the cut into a concise mix. As such, this one is not about progressing mood or storytelling like my previous two have been; this is a showcase of what's getting me moving right now.

(click the art for full-sized versions!)

Download/Stream at SOUNDCLOUD:

Download/Stream at DROPBOX:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/wv125649bioyeir/low.mp3

Do leave any questions, feedback, comments, praise, criticism, hate, 'this isnt dnb!!!!1', etc

all over this man, if you fancy check the mix in my sig as well, similar type of thing but a bit more technoey.

either way this looks ideal for job hunting too, nice one

Definitely gonna give this a listen, I really liked your last one. I don't recognise many tracks so it should be interesting.

all over this man, if you fancy check the mix in my sig as well, similar type of thing but a bit more technoey.

either way this looks ideal for job hunting too, nice one

Bruv is there a thread for this mix? I'm vibing my ass off here and more heads need to hear this and tell you how much of a beast you are.

Thanks for the listen, hope its to your liking!

Bagsy 1st..

Definitely gonna give this a listen, I really liked your last one. I don't recognise many tracks so it should be interesting.

Papa J and Terpit I'm honestly not sure if this is gonna be all up your alley. I hope it is, obviously, but this is a bit different for me. If you were expecting liquid vibesy goodness then this may come as a bit of a surprise! But I am pretty damned proud of it so I hope that shows.

really enjoyed this mate, had a couple of listens so far and i'm sure probably a few more. The intro was really good, nice chilled blend of deeper bits, most of which i havn't heard before which was nice.

i really love how you transitioned so seamlessly between the various genres, barely even noticed the change overs. also that agent 007 tune is fucking sick. never heard it before but i guess if its on MS its gona be pretty good at least!

all the blends were spot on really, there were some quality ones especially in the early section but i wasnt sure which tunes they were because i was in the garden! either way thoroughly enjoyable and its on the mp3 for a while yet

Sick mix mate, different genres made it interesting and the transition between diff genres weren't even noticeable at all. Liked how you brought Watch Out in, too. Love that remix. One of my fav parts that was but then I'm probably being biased as it's DNB. Either way, whole mix was proper clean and enjoyed listening to it.

Haven't heard most of these tracks either, they're all proper decent n all so thanks for that

Nice. also Check the mix in my sig. Should give you some laughs...

Nu:Logic feat Lifford - Everlasting Days
Scott Allen & Deeper Connection - Love is all
AI - Switch On
Chromantis - Watcha Cryin 4 (T base rmx)
Savage Rehab - Neck Funk
Hazard - Time Tripping
Skeptical - Catch 22
Break - Love So True (VIP)>>
Posij - Close Call
M - Soul - The Rum Shack
Trusted Facts & Brain Crisis - Murk>>Gridlok & Prolix - Stale Habits
Dabs - Objection
Fre4knc - Tubular
LSB feat Sian Anderson - Overthinking (Enei rmx)
Coma - Half Ounce
Gerra & Stone - Crimson
Calyx & Teebee - Elevate this Sound
The Upbeats - Diffused>> Audio - Emissions
Mefjus & Kasra - Blunt>>Ed Rush Optical & Noisia - Brain Bucket
Stray - The Pursuit>>NC-17 - Voodoo Zombie Magic
Lynx - Bug Out
Sub Zero - Spin Doc>>Hazard - Fools
Konichi - What Can We do
Spaow & Sqlosh - Drunk Computer>>Lyptikal - Hard Rocks
Harley D - Bad Boy Style
Hazard - Watch ya teeth
Sigma feat Jenna G - Baltimore
Die & Jenna G - 1000 Soul Songs
Subfocus vs Fred V & Grafix feat Alex Clare - Endorphins
Rudimental - Waiting All Night
Sub Focus - Druggy>>Shy FX & T Power - Feelings
Hazard - Big Cat
Gridlok & Prolix - Membrane
Bass Brothers - Royal Rumble

I'm gonna check this tomorrow dude

Big ups, Flicky. Dark Summer II is a stomper and has been in my car alongside the new Dub Phizix and Chimpo Fabric mix. Keep bouncing back and forth between them. Hope this it to your liking!

really enjoyed this mate, had a couple of listens so far and i'm sure probably a few more. The intro was really good, nice chilled blend of deeper bits, most of which i havn't heard before which was nice.

i really love how you transitioned so seamlessly between the various genres, barely even noticed the change overs. also that agent 007 tune is fucking sick. never heard it before but i guess if its on MS its gona be pretty good at least!

all the blends were spot on really, there were some quality ones especially in the early section but i wasnt sure which tunes they were because i was in the garden! either way thoroughly enjoyable and its on the mp3 for a while yet

I've spent so much money on back-catalog Moving Shadow in WAV its not even funny. Glad I finally found a way to mix this tune in because I love it. It was one of those weird, offbeat ones from the compilation albums like the Hex tune from my last one; hardly any info, just a single track for the artist. Couldn't do that anymore!

Glad you felt it was wicked, James. This is definitely a mix for vibing out as well as getting moving, and I'm glad your gardening was made better!

Sick mix mate, different genres made it interesting and the transition between diff genres weren't even noticeable at all. Liked how you brought Watch Out in, too. Love that remix. One of my fav parts that was but then I'm probably being biased as it's DNB. Either way, whole mix was proper clean and enjoyed listening to it.

Haven't heard most of these tracks either, they're all proper decent n all so thanks for that

Big up yourself, Dan! I tried to be as seamless as I could but I really wish the mix into the Koreless tune could have been better. Oh well. Either way, yeah, that Watch Out remix is big. Really glad to just drop it in; think a tune like that doesn't need a lot of intro to breath if you ask me. I'm happy to turn you on to new things, as well, as apparently that's part of what I'm good at! Cheers!

Nice. also Check the mix in my sig. Should give you some laughs...

Thank you for the kind word about the mix. I could certainly give your mix a check, even without a posting of the tracklist. Cheers.

Let give this a whirl.

Got to say that I am not keen on the 'here's one tempo of tunes - here's another style mixes' but thats just me. Rather here a mix of one type of music.

Nice to hear the original Breathless though. Not heard than before. Loved the scaled twinkled melodies in your refix of Last Remnants, that was really nice. Sweet to hear that Queensway bit in another mix again too. I believe jsmith included it in his mix series, or at least mentioned it at some point. Progression made for a cool blend with Adorn whispering and popping off underneath. Love that Progression tune and it was used SO well with the vocal of Adorn, wicked selection and long blend for full effect. Fav mix so far :) Vocals in Closer rmx came in as the previous vocals left the mix, for an eased seamless switch.

Pleasing to hear Fakin Jacks in a mix again. Gonna have to dig that one out for some plays again now ;) slid in nicely from Retaliate. Think brought the more hectic vibe to Fakin Jacks. Thought the previous tune had left, but enjoyed the way you snuck it back in under the radar, getting those 2 to compliment each other. Second fav mix in there. Ooo, almost gave me goosebumps with that Agent 007 tune! Memories of that Moving Shadow 01.1 mix :) (and for all whole haven't heard this mix, you need to) Nice one for including that. Almost thought Talk To Frank was in the mix when Device came in... very similar. Device - Watch Out rmx worked wonders. Similar step in both tunes and the vocal in the latter sat on the top of that mix very well.

Still deliberating over weather to get that Thing release on BMTM, just not that keen on the flip or weather to fork out nearly £8 for it. Outer Lands' step bounced nicely off the back of the toned down Watch Out rmx.... second mix I've heard that in and worked just as well. Outer Lands - Say Nothin both stepped together side by side for a wicked mix. Vocal in Say Nothin could have been a little more prominent. Alleviate's kicking relentless beat sat with the beat in I'm A Creator pretty well, bringing the energy down well whilst keeping the vocal of the previous tune in.

Had forgotten what Continental Drift was like, but that was a sweet outro tune. Lots of depth in that and not your normal kind of tune you'd expect to hear from Heist.

A nice mix of various style of tunes all together HAB. Was a bit put off at first as mentioned, but did enjoy the dnb section. Something different

Big ups, Watcha! I always appreciate anyone giving my mix a listen, but you're known very well for your feedback and I'm glad you did. I know this wasn't going to be everyone's bag, and I know that you probably weren't so much expecting to enjoy it, but I very much appreciate that you gave it a shot anyway.

Gotta say that I am really proud of the Progression -> Adorn mix. I know I've been doing alot of stuff mixing with Miguel tunes recently, but the man makes soulful hip-hop/r&b at an 85-90 bpm range. Throw it over a 170-180 bpm tune and you get magic. I've been mixing with Adorn alot, and may even include my other favorite section with it in another mix some time down the line. Not quite sure. But glad to see that bit getting recognized.

Listening back, I was really upset to find that Say Nothing vocal barely audible over both Outer Lands AND Sinai. I thought I lowered the mids on both tunes enough to help it poke through (and it sounded alright in the headphones!), but yeah it didn't sound right. Gotta also say that I LOVE that Continental Drift EP that Heist did on Metalheadz a few years back. Really solid EP, and going with that 12 he released on Horizons, it shows the man has serious talent.

Glad you gave it a listen! Big ups yourself!

Back
Top Bottom