DnB HAB - Lovers + Friends (80min of Various Liquid Vibes!) [Lenzman, Furney, Dave Owen]

HAB

"Genius!"
VIP Junglist
A follow-up to my liquid mixes. This was a quick mix idea that quickly became a much bigger investment of time and energy than I had expected. I was half-tempted to make this into a much bigger, much more involved mix with all the different genres spread about, maybe even putting it on the same scale of my highly successful Rollers Mix. But I decided instead that I liked where this mix was and left it where it was. Why mess with something that's not broke, right?

yEsiR.png

Download/Stream at SOUNDCLOUD:

Download at DNBSHARE:
http://dnbshare.com/download/Lovers_Friends.mp3.html

Download .cue sheet at SENDSPACE:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jlacudd8aok5s2h

Download FULL SIZE ART at imgur:
Cover: http://i.imgur.com/16o8h.jpg
Back: http://i.imgur.com/yHRML.jpg

Do leave any questions, feedback, comments, praise, criticism, hate, etc.

Last edited:
Re: HAB - Lovers + Friends (80min of Various Liquid Vibes!) [Lenzman, Furney, Dave Ow

big, thanks man! on this!

Re: HAB - Lovers + Friends (80min of Various Liquid Vibes!) [Lenzman, Furney, Dave Ow

<3

hey! will check this out later (dexcell first) maybe you want to check out mine too? :)

can't say no can i... this looks amazing

hey! will check this out later (dexcell first) maybe you want to check out mine too? :)

I'm already on it, bro. Thanks for the listen!

can't say no can i... this looks amazing

Much love to you, J. Got a feeling you're going to like this one.

Sorry for the delay mate, I've been really busy lately, but today I finally managed to listen through the whole thing. And it's sick as always. I just love the way you work with developing the moods through your mixes. Even though I sometimes find some of your blends kinda disturbing (in a good way of course, means I wouldn't mix those 2 tunes together ever and yet you're able to absolutely nail it -> GeneticBros' bootleg of Could This Be Real into that The Hundred Dollar Beat tune...my oh my!) :D This one is just great from the first second to the very last. That part around Overtime remix deserves a special shout-out, that Don't Care >> Overtime blend is probably the best I've ever heard, nearly jumped out off the train when it rolled in! Big-fucking-up!

Another great mix that will enter the iPhone rotation! great song choices, good balance of soul and energy and really well mixed! loving the art work too HAB...do not sleep on this people!

HAB! this is lush, you've really outdone yourself here
would have liked to given u feedback on each and every blend but honestly i harldy know any of these tracks very well so it would have been a mission.
all the mixes were really smooth and clean. the overall vibe was just beautifull and jazzy. really took me away from my desk to a better place.
in particular
say yes was wicked.
dont care > overtime was something else. loved the keys together and the transition was smooth as hell!
wasn't so keen on overtime > teach me. wasn't bad by any means, just overtime got left behind in the mix.

that track with the biggie sample? is it dave owen - tru that ? its wicked! really feeling dave owen's output, wouldn't be suprised if this is him too.
liked the mix out of this track too.

could be real - personally hate the track, sounds like galaxy high school if u remember that cartoon. but the mix with it was smashing!

hundred dollar beat - fuck!! .. loving this track.. serious vibes. adding some real variation to the mix. well played man.

easily my fav of all ur mixes to date.. you can tell this isnt just something u threw together. there is some real thought behind it.
gonna rip it to cd for the car man.

on a side note, what i was chuffed about was the id tags on the mp3 ... i download .. shove it in itunes and the artwork and tracklist is already there. everyone should be doing this.. its 2011
big ups for this one!

Don't usually listen to liquid but had to check this out when i saw everyones comments.
Mix is top quality man, every track rolls along really nicely, beatmatching is spot on & the tracklist is really nice.
Dunno what else to say to be honest because everything's great! :lol: Only very very slight criticism is that the first track fades out really quickly into the second at one point. Just a smoother, cleaner fade would have been spot on. (The Breakshift track is lovely though, great opener).
So yeah, great mix bud(y)

This is something special! Such a good vibe to the mix, rolled so nicely - the tracks just kept coming. Mixing was tight throughout, loads of nice smooth blends. So many great tracks in there that are new to me too. Can't recommend this highly enough, one of the best liquid mixes I have heard in a long time.

You lot are too kind.

Sorry for the delay mate, I've been really busy lately, but today I finally managed to listen through the whole thing. And it's sick as always. I just love the way you work with developing the moods through your mixes.

Setting a mood is so important in a mix. Its easily the hardest part of tune selection, though. Sometimes you just hear that right tune, though, and go "Yup, I know EXACTLY where I would put that." I'm glad to see it shows, man! And thanks for the big ups on the mixes themselves. That Flowrian-> Overtime mix was big, I have to admit. Pitched up and fit perfectly! Cheers!

Another great mix that will enter the iPhone rotation! great song choices, good balance of soul and energy and really well mixed! loving the art work too HAB...do not sleep on this people!

Always love hearing feedback from you, sir. And thanks for noticing the artwork! I spent a bear of a time on that and I'm glad it gets appreciated in some degree. Of course, how can anybody not appreciate the lovely Olivia Wilde?

easily my fav of all ur mixes to date.. you can tell this isnt just something u threw together. there is some real thought behind it.
gonna rip it to cd for the car man.

on a side note, what i was chuffed about was the id tags on the mp3 ... i download .. shove it in itunes and the artwork and tracklist is already there. everyone should be doing this.. its 2011
big ups for this one!

Teddy I'm so happy you're digging it man. I basically play the fuck out of whatever you put out and to hear your approval means alot. That tune is indeed Dave Owen, in my opinion the best producer we got out here in the states. Pure hip-hop jazzy vibes. Gotta get on his stuff, man. And yeah, that Mux Mool tune is great, low-tech chillness.

And yeah, I make sure the tracklist is in the comments and the art is already written into the file. I mean, it just makes sense, right? That's how I would want it, so you guys deserve at least that!

Only very very slight criticism is that the first track fades out really quickly into the second at one point. Just a smoother, cleaner fade would have been spot on. (The Breakshift track is lovely though, great opener).
So yeah, great mix bud(y)

Much appreciated listen, brother. I always see your posts on the boards and am like, "Man, this guy knows what he's talking about!" so obviously I'm glad to hear your praise. And yeah, I did drop the Breakshift track a bit too quickly. I was so busy trying to cue up the Furney tune properly that I didn't do it as nicely as I wanted, and honestly never really did on any of my attempts to record this mix.

This is something special! Such a good vibe to the mix, rolled so nicely - the tracks just kept coming. Mixing was tight throughout, loads of nice smooth blends. So many great tracks in there that are new to me too. Can't recommend this highly enough, one of the best liquid mixes I have heard in a long time.

You're too kind, man, thank you! Alot of really not-well-known tracks to heads not so big on the liquid tip, and yet everybody should be checking them out now before they blow up. Fokuz has provided me with some damned amazing tunes, and I pretty much purchase anything on that label on sight nowadays.

Big mix seriously loved it! Habulous you are indeed Fabulous!

This mix is so warm and sensual I came soooo close to asking you out for dinner...I had to dig deep to control myself... ;)

I don't often hear liquid sets with this much energy and serious bass. Mate you're LARGE.

Big mix seriously loved it! Habulous you are indeed Fabulous!
This mix is so warm and sensual I came soooo close to asking you out for dinner...I had to dig deep to control myself... ;)
I don't often hear liquid sets with this much energy and serious bass. Mate you're LARGE.

Hey now, let's not rule out dinner so hastily.

But no, thanks alot, man, I appreciate the love. Big things coming from yourself as well!

east of the zenith - cool track
shallow ground - nice switchover there
the true believers - yessss this track is MAD. love it
hide n seek - as is the next, vibes. all rolling smooth so far
rose without rain - huge fan of tokyo prose, lovely track
you must stand still - mix is start to build pace now, good amount of time you're giving to each track before moving onto the next. lovely track too
outspoken - niceee
ever so slightly - yeah boiiiii this track is class. i see how you've paired the more amen led tracks together, what with say yes coming through. works well
say yes - the switchover to this was some serious vibes. very well played
respiration - like how you've also paired this as they both have a delayed drop. you've clearly put thought into the position of the tracks in the mix as a whole
don't care - nice
overtime - yeah man was waiting for those vocals, bit of a classic. rolling like butter so far
teach me - cool track, command strange is the one
pushing positives - may have to check out deeper connection, never heard of him/her/them?! nice vibes
more than you know - cs and intelligent manners are a dream team, love this one. they've just got liquid down to a t
tru that - nice vocal sample, dave owen killing it
meteorites - always preferred the danny byrd remix, does sound good in the mix tho
easier to love - meteorited vocals sound so good underneath this, niiice!
could this be real - haha i swear genetic bros is in every mix you've done :) as much as ive got love for him im not sure this works too well according to the general style of the mix
the hundred dollar beat - nice track, dont think the half step worked with the could this be real underlying drums. nice track tho
dangerous - one of my favourite tracks ever, who would have thought i'd find it in a liquid mix. big stuff. build up is so sexy with the hundred dollar beat drums, blade runner sample gets me every time
trying - niceness
risk - sick track
nde - cool
talk to me - sweet
tru beat - pretty sick this one
let it be - sounds nice coming through with the tru beat vocals in the background. much love for AI
battlecat - rolling nicely towards the end, tone has dropped slightly. mixed well with let it be vocals
smiles from space - the drums on this are sickk! liking this a lot
never wanna be alone again - very nice
ladder - works well with the last, sweet
a good start is the sky - haha never heard of this one, intriguing remix! not a fan of the original vocals, still works well. fun way to end the set

soooo yeah, this is big man. you'll be very hard pressed to come across a better liquid mix, near perfect in terms of style originality etc. still think the rollers mix is slightly better because of that magic opening blend, this one takes more risks with its track selection tho and for the most part it pays off superbly. very well played as always sir!

Much appreciated J! I love that you give such detailed Teddy-esque feedback.

I did put a lot of thought into how this was all placed, indeed.

And hey, big ups to yourself, those mixes of yours are really damned good, man. Looking forward to the next one... perhaps on a liquid tip?

Last edited:

yeah mate got a few i wanna put out, probably liquid one next up. i haven't had my mixer for like 2 months otherwise they'd be up by now :)

Also, J, I absolutely LOVE that Original Sin tune, and always have since it got released, but could never mix it well. Too heavy for most liquid, too light for jump-up. But I think I really found it a home here.

Bumping thiiiiis

Is that two girls kissing in your sig HAB?

Back
Top Bottom