Multi Genre HAB - INSERT COIN (Video-Game-Inspired Multi-Genre Mix: DNB, CHIP, ELECTRO, HIP HOP)

HAB

"Genius!"
VIP Junglist
This mix has been in the making for a good eighteen months now, as I've been waiting for the perfect tracks to come out to create the right mood for this mix. I love video games and I love dance music, so why not create some proper nostalgia and keep you moving while I'm at it? This mix was done with some digital recordings (after all, some of these tunes could CERTAINLY not be found on vinyl), and as such it was almost exclusively mixed digitally (CDJs, etc). Because of this I don't consider it a genuine mix as my other ones have been, but in order to hit all the great genres of dance music while also hitting all the greatest video game musics of all time, I needed to limit my choices. So many great tunes could be in here, but I had to whittle it down. I'm not super proud of some of my transitions between genres and tempos, but it still works out well in my opinion. So, without further ado (and the wonkiest tracklist you'll likely ever see), let's have some fun!

B4fIq.jpg

Download/Stream at SOUNDCLOUD:
http://soundcloud.com/habulous/insertcoin

Download at dnbshare:
http://dnbshare.com/download/INSERT_COIN.mp3.html

Download .CUE Sheet (for CD Burning):
http://www.mediafire.com/?3x5a56rrdl44nr8

Do leave any questions, feedback, comments, praise, criticism, hate, meatriding, etc. This mix is pretty out there, so if you think you can help me out, let me know!

Last edited:
Re: HAB - INSERT COIN (Video-Game-Inspired Multi-Genre Mix: DNB, CHIP, ELECTRO, HIP H

Wicked mix HAB! Really really enjoyed the switches between genres and some blends were fuckin' spot on! Especially Heartbeats (my favourite!) to Sillicon Lube BOOYAKA! :)

Re: HAB - INSERT COIN (Video-Game-Inspired Multi-Genre Mix: DNB, CHIP, ELECTRO, HIP H

you know i'm on this, sold on wild life > spectre

I'm intrigued, on the download HAB! ;)

It is definitely a tracklist that will perplex quite a few listeners, but I do hope you enjoy it, Pat!

you know i'm on this, sold on wild life > spectre

Admittedly most of the mix is not full of transitions that work together as well as that one does, but I do think you'll at least get a kick out of it.

Wicked mix HAB! Really really enjoyed the switches between genres and some blends were fuckin' spot on! Especially Heartbeats (my favourite!) to Sillicon Lube BOOYAKA! :)

Honestly, Gem, I didn't think this would be up your alley at all, but I'm glad you dug it! I'm slowly becoming a massive Grum fan and when I got that intro that has a very video-game-esque programming to it, I had to use it to transition.

Glad everyone has shown some interest in my little pet project so far!

I love Grum, he's one of my favourite electronic artist really, actually one of the few non-dnb I often listen to and to be honest, I do enjoy too much music throughout multiple genres (especially the good one of course :D) so it's not so hard to hit me up with such a great mix like this one :)

Well, consider me educated. Thanks for the great feedback, though, bruv!

interesting...

shall have a listen mate

It won't be like every other mix I've done, I'll be fair, J, but I do hope you dig it!

just finished listening now, haven't heard anything else like it! i must admit some of the tracks weren't to my taste but i have a lot of respect for the way you touch on damn near every genre going. every track has it place in terms of the idea behind the mix, must have taken you ages to sort it out nice one! opening mixes were large, and of course i expected a lot of wild life > spectre and that didn't disappoint, two great tracks right there. i've got a lot of love for the mixes posted in here that you can tell took more than just a small amount of effort to compile and this is one of them, you know your video games and the music to back it up. so yeah bring on the next one i'm looking forward to it already :)

just finished listening now, haven't heard anything else like it! i must admit some of the tracks weren't to my taste but i have a lot of respect for the way you touch on damn near every genre going. every track has it place in terms of the idea behind the mix, must have taken you ages to sort it out nice one! opening mixes were large, and of course i expected a lot of wild life > spectre and that didn't disappoint, two great tracks right there. i've got a lot of love for the mixes posted in here that you can tell took more than just a small amount of effort to compile and this is one of them, you know your video games and the music to back it up. so yeah bring on the next one i'm looking forward to it already :)

Cheers, J, I appreciate the listen even if everything wasn't spot on in your liking. You have NO idea, man, how long I've been planning this mix. So many tunes to choose from and, to be honest, I could really have done this mix better if I had more free time these days. But this was about as close as I was going to get without killing myself and neglecting work.

big up for this mate.. people take themselves and their music to serious sometimes!! doesnt hurt to have fun with your mixes! if i remember ill leave some feedback! ;)

Cheers, Tactician! Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, I'm one of those guys who takes my mixes very seriously, as this one was a bastard to plan out. But obviously it was well worth it! After all, this mix was all about just having some fun and mixing tunes that I loved from all genres. Also, VIDJO GAMES!

Also, since a bunch of people I know have asked, the picture is an 8bitized mixer panel. Source picture here:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/85/Audio_mixer_faders.jpg

Will get this on the download. Black Rabbit is such an underrated track, glad to see it in there

Cheers for the listen, Ozmatic! It's not the best mix I ever put together but its certainly one of my personal favorites because I loved doing it. And yeah, Black Rabbit's a beast of a tune. So destructive.

Easy HAB you're gonna be hitting the 1,000 crew soon! Well done bruv...I dont recognise many of these tunes but I'm always glad to see someone who puts efforts into his sets and comes with the variety so I'm gonna give this a whirl tomorrow...

Big up mate!

Easy HAB you're gonna be hitting the 1,000 crew soon! Well done bruv...I dont recognise many of these tunes but I'm always glad to see someone who puts efforts into his sets and comes with the variety so I'm gonna give this a whirl tomorrow...

Big up mate!

Big ups to you, Papa! I hope you enjoy it!

EDIT: And yeah, man, I'm super excited. Can't wait to crack that 1000 mark.

Last edited:

Bumping thiiiiiiiis

this is swish man!
an ambitious project that was well executed. didn't get boring for a second.
the transitions between tempos was smooth as.
really liked the intro and that mix with cowards beware was ace man!

Cheers, Teddy! Always appreciate the feedback and the support!

Bumping thiiiiiis

Back
Top Bottom