Multi Genre HAB - Flirtations (Non-DNB)

HAB

"Genius!"
VIP Junglist
Cover Art:
jyzueGw.png

This is a mix that has been aching to get out of me for a very long time. As many of you know, I've been big into flirting with non-drum-and-bass for about as long as I've been DJing it, and this project was one I was working on for literally years. I've been trying to find the correct tunes, the correct balance to create an atmospheric mixture of eroticism, dancability and overall aural pleasure, and after countless attempts I've finally come up with something that I can feel good signing my name (and face) to. The timing was right, as the raw cold of autumn was what originally inspired the environment of this mix years ago. I hope it transports you there.

This mix is a medley of groove-worthy bass music of numerous genres, including a bit of chill out r&b, dubstep, future beats and chill trap. This is not only music that I've supremely enjoyed over the years, but those that I feel best represent my musical tastes outside of drum and bass. Much in way that a painter's personality bleeds into his work, so too is my spirit captured in this mix.

This isn't my standard fare, and this may even make some of you not enjoy themselves if you're looking for drum and bass, but for those of you willing to take the plunge, I can guarantee that this will be a worthwhile adventure. To me, this mix embodies inspiration and creativity, so I wish to share this experience with you.

Get high to this. Make love to this. Create art to this.

Tracklist:
euQ9gPK.jpg

Download/Stream at SOUNDCLOUD:

Do feel free to leave any questions, feedback, comments, praise, criticism, hate, etc.​

Last edited:
Hab just finished this and absolutely amazing mang! I can't listen at work right now so I had to play this in the car and can't get specific but beautiful mang. A couple of points below.

1. I can't fathom the time this took to put together.
2. If I could fathom point 1 I dont know if I could ever pull the mix off to the level you did.
3. You should have named this crowning achievement.....its that good brah!
4. I haven't downloaded a mix to keep in years. Not because there haven't been great mixes just so much that I'm constantly listening to new stuff but this one will get downloaded and saved.

Will come back to this at some point hopefully and leave some more thoughts cuz it deserves it.

Half way through. This is straight up incredible. Solid mixing (fuck knows how on some of these tracks) and a top rate selection so far, one that can only be acquired through time, dedication and passion. I feel 100% safe assuming the next half will not disappoint. Salute to you sir.

You're all fantastic people. Thank you for supporting what is clearly a very ambitious project of mine that means the world to me.

Nice HAB, i'll give this a go buddy
looking big HAB on it!
Yes please!
Something different HAB! Will definitely be giving this a whirl.
Hope all is well chap (y)

EZ Gents. Much love to you all! I'm doing good, Stu, just working a bunch, thanks for asking!

My heart has long been frozen but I'll definitely check it out once the weather clears up :2thumbs:

Hope this makes you feel something, bruv!

Hab just finished this and absolutely amazing mang! I can't listen at work right now so I had to play this in the car and can't get specific but beautiful mang. A couple of points below.

1. I can't fathom the time this took to put together.
2. If I could fathom point 1 I dont know if I could ever pull the mix off to the level you did.
3. You should have named this crowning achievement.....its that good brah!
4. I haven't downloaded a mix to keep in years. Not because there haven't been great mixes just so much that I'm constantly listening to new stuff but this one will get downloaded and saved.

Will come back to this at some point hopefully and leave some more thoughts cuz it deserves it.

1) About three years, I'd say, on and off.
2) You sure could, with that amount of time and planning.
3) To that end, after so long, I really do feel like this may be my greatest work, both on a technical level and to the point of accomplishing my goal of making people feel something. I'm glad it's noticed!
4) Proper humbled by this. <3 Cheers, Knoxx!

Half way through. This is straight up incredible. Solid mixing (fuck knows how on some of these tracks) and a top rate selection so far, one that can only be acquired through time, dedication and passion. I feel 100% safe assuming the next half will not disappoint. Salute to you sir.

A salute to you for the kind words, Brex! Like I said before, I went DEEP for this one, deeper than ever before, in terms of tune selection. I'd say that the most technical bit in the mix came around the Night Walk -> Half of Half with the Hairstanding vocals. That was one that really stopped me in my tracks multiple times when mixing this one down. That, and that tease of Demons was actually a bit tougher than it sounds because of all the screechy high-end that I needed to EQ out. Glad that all the hard work I poured into this is noticed. Really, truly blessed that you enjoyed it.

On this bro, having a listen as we speak, sounding wicked. Lots of random points of mine to come...
Always love listening to non dnb mixes, and find it especially interesting listening to ones which are made up of music I know literally nothing about.
I can tell the effort and planning gone into this and im only a quarter of the way through.
Always nice to create mixes which take a load of planning I find, something really creative about spending hours making a tracklist that, on first glance, may not look like things will work, but spending time making tunes seamlessly flow, and creating something that you're really proud of.
Will download and have this on the ipod for a while to come HAB, big up!

Also dig the spoken (film sample I presume?) intro, really wanted to start doing this on a few of my mixes but unless youve got something in mind to use, its hard to find meaningful quotes that suit the type of tunes youre playing.

Big ups, Lek! I'm glad that you gave this a shout and not only that, ended up enjoying it. I often too like to listen to mixes of music that I'm vastly unfamiliar with and indeed find that more often than not, I both end up enjoying the music and recognizing the skill of the DJ more than anything else. Really humbled you gave it a download, bruv, big up!

As far as the sample is concerned, I think it really fit the mood I wanted to set from the get-go. As a cinephile, I kinda get to know quotes in my head that fit what I'm looking for, but if you can't, quotedb.com is your friend. It has a categorized list of quotes that can searched by word or film, it's pretty great!

On this mate, just checked the intro and already sounds great.

Looking forward to giving this a proper listen

On this mate, just checked the intro and already sounds great.

Looking forward to giving this a proper listen

Big ups, J! Thanks for the love and I hope you come away from that listen better than you were before. Cheers!

HAB there was something i meant to ask you about this....what did you mean by signing your name and "face" too the mix? Is that you in the pic? If so then i have a bunch of apologies coming your way. Also a cheeky little bump for this mix....back to the top!

HAB there was something i meant to ask you about this....what did you mean by signing your name and "face" too the mix? Is that you in the pic? If so then i have a bunch of apologies coming your way. Also a cheeky little bump for this mix....back to the top!

Yeah, it's an old picture, admittedly. I just always liked it. Thanks for the bump!

Finally getting on this one!

Big ups, DED! Hope all is well for you!

Well what can I say. This is not my usual listening genre but I really enjoyed it!
Considering this is not your usual genre either you've done an amazing job putting this together. From a technical perspective the blends were well thought out and I often had difficulty telling whether the blend had finished or not! Fantastic.
Also great intro, sucks you right in.

Back
Top Bottom