Bass HAB - a trap mix that i gone and done

HAB

"Genius!"
VIP Junglist
ld7oEO0.png

Howdy all! Its been quite a while since I've been here on dnbforum, and judging by the amount of mixes in my cue to listen to, I've got a lot of work to do. My apologies to everyone whose mixes I haven't feedbacked yet. As you can see, I've been on a different kick for the past few months, and its made doing constructive feedback on drum and bass mixes a bit difficult. A while back, I heard Charlie's trap mix on here and (along with going out to clubs a bit more around here in the US) started to embrace my inner urban roots a bit more strongly. This project originally started out as a way to challenge myself to do a mix in a genre that I was only with which I was burgeoningly familiar, but firmly began to enjoy. All, of course, while being a great mix for my friends around here to throw on at parties to get the crowd moving. As I started getting into the complexities of trap, I actually started to realize that its a bit more complicated than I anticipated, and had a bear of a time getting tunes to meld. It became literally the most difficult mix I had ever had to mix. Being the perfectionist that I am about my mixes, a two-week side-project soon became a matter of personal pride that took nearly five months to complete. I HAD to make this mix, get everything just right. As such, I had to wrangle up some digital editing programs to do some pre-production loops and edits to tunes, which I am usually fundamentally against. However, in this case, it made the mix all the more fitting of the trap theme, and it made the entire project come out better than I had ever hoped.

I'd imagine that many people here on dnbforum aren't all too acquainted with trap save for the few that first introduced me to the genre, so consider this my introduction of you to it. This isn't meant to be some paragon of musical chin-stroking and polyrhythmic future music; its a pure dancefloor mix. I can guarantee you if you turn this up on your house system with a bunch of people who love to dnace over your place, the bounce will be extraordinary.

X41DCd2.png

Download/Stream at SOUNDCLOUD:

Feel free to leave any comments, criticisms, praise, hate, or anything else you want to say!

im not sure how to feel about this...

on the one hand i hate it.. its gay as...

on the other hand im listening to it. downloading it. and its going in my car (y)

This sounds like it would be a great track but new to all this how do I get to listen to it x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a fan of the tunes at all. Just not my cuppa tea. But i can appreciate good mixing when i see it.

Understandable, and I figured this would be the case with a lot of people. Glad you gave it a chance and some positive feedback, its really appreciated! Cheers!

Bumping it up hoping for some more love!

Bumping this because I caaaaan. Also to let you guys know that after a significant hiatus I should be starting to dabble in mixing again. Not sure what to do yet, honestly... any suggestions?

Had this on a few times at mine bro! Good feedback from all, some mega cheddar in this but that always pleases the wims ;)

Good work bossman!

You know I love the cheese, Russla. Big ups yourself for the love, sir!

Listened to this on the way up to Nottingham last Monday, and it was a quality mix HAB. Nice to see / hear something different from you. The blends and EQ'ing was top drawer.

Not completely sold on the whole trap movement myself. I do like the juke element of it at dnb tempo and there are some tunes I like in the trap scene, but sometimes it can be overdone. This mix was just the right amount at the right time for the majority of the ride.

I liked alot of the tunes that were familiar, or that have trap remixes in the tracklist, like the Rhianna, Dizzie Rascal, Outkast, TNGHT, Tidal Wave rmx, Original, Say Nothin rmx, Rollup, Mercy and Animals. Also liked how you eased the tempo up and down slightly to suit the tunes, so that they didn't sound too fast or slow in some cases. Just right.

Favourite string was Original through to Rollup. Just seemed to flow really well. Great stuff HAB! (y)

Watcha you legend! Big ups for the dedication and time to give this a listen, as I know that this isn't exactly everyone's cup of tea. Really great stuff, man, and I'm glad you enjoyed!

Back
Top Bottom