Guy is Leaving Commix to go solo...

hha nooo, i really shouldve stuck around at fabric and seen them at metalheadz. what a fool

Still try to see George do his thing as Commix before you never see that name on a flyer ever again though...

The shift over to Techno seems to be thing, Raiden, Doc Scott, Intalex,Techno being released on Metalheadz, who would have thunk it
Ahhh but Raiden has been brought back over to the darkside and is working on another LP as Raiden

He posted this on his Facebook page on March 2nd

A new Raiden LP I hear you say?? The Solar System has begun its creation :)

He's already posted the tracklist and the theme of the album

I can even tell you the tracklist for the full LP already lol
Sun (Intro)
Mercury
Venus
Earth
Mars
Asteroid Belt (Recess)
Jupiter
Saturn
Uranus
Neptune
Kuiper Belt (Outro)

The style is in the subject. Each track is being made from the radio emissions captured by the various space probes launched by NASA. Each track will be based on the respective planet using its radio emissions for its sample palette. I want to learn how to truly represent the subject matter of a concept to progress myself as a producer. Its going to be quite a challenge!

hha nooo, i really shouldve stuck around at fabric and seen them at metalheadz. what a fool

What time did you leave? They were on early..and were rubbish lol. Worst set I've seen them play..

But as far as the split is concerned, good for him. Always refreshing to see what happens when people take on new challenges (Perez doing well with the ARP101 thing etc) and it'll be interesting to hear the new Commix bits..

They were on early..and were rubbish lol. Worst set I've seen them play..

tbh though they probably both knew that the set was the last one that they were gonna do together, all things considered kinda would make you not put 100% into a set...

not sure how to take this news...

Seen a couple of good Commix sets, many years ago...
At least their back catalogue is filled with bangers so they will always be remembered well.

Personally, I can't be fucked with Techno. Good luck to whoever goes down that route.

Teh Raiden LP mentioned above sounds mad. do want.

Ahhh but Raiden has been brought back over to the darkside and is working on another LP as Raiden

He posted this on his Facebook page on March 2nd

A new Raiden LP I hear you say?? The Solar System has begun its creation :)

He's already posted the tracklist and the theme of the album

I can even tell you the tracklist for the full LP already lol
Sun (Intro)
Mercury
Venus
Earth
Mars
Asteroid Belt (Recess)
Jupiter
Saturn
Uranus
Neptune
Kuiper Belt (Outro)

The style is in the subject. Each track is being made from the radio emissions captured by the various space probes launched by NASA. Each track will be based on the respective planet using its radio emissions for its sample palette. I want to learn how to truly represent the subject matter of a concept to progress myself as a producer. Its going to be quite a challenge!

That man smokes far too much high grade over in Dam!

Plus he didn't just quit drum to jump ship to techno, I heard he quit drum because he never got paid..

Last edited:
That man smokes far too much high grade over in Dam!

Plus he didn't just quit drum to jump ship to techno, I heard he quit drum because he never got paid..

doesn't he live in estonia?

he hasn't really quit if he is releasing an LP?

http://www.factmag.com/2012/03/16/commixs-george-levings-to-release-new-12/

Fact Mag said:
Commix’s George Levings to release new single as Endian

Endian-cut-16-03-12.jpeg

Many of the drum’n'bass community will still be grieving the dissolution of much loved double-act Commix. A new release on Nonplus may well give them cause to discard their black veils.

Following the departure of Guy Brewer, Commix is now George Levings’ one-man band. Despite his redoubled responsibilities as sole steward of the Commix brand, Levings is set to release a new two-track under his Endian moniker.

As Juno Plus report, the ‘Birdhouse’ 12″ will drop next month on Instra:mental’s Nonplus imprint. Levings’ last appearance as Endian was 2011′s ‘Two Chords Deep’, a slab of hazy, aqueous house music. The ‘Birdhouse’ A-side, streaming below, shows Endian exploring a similar kind of sound, although he’s undoubtedly on chipper form this time around.

The ‘Birdhouse’ 12″ is due on April 30, via Nonplus.

Last edited by a moderator:
i remember when george came to my mates night called bassix in cheltenham a few years back and was kicked out of the club cos he was caught snorting white in the toilets 15 minutes before his set and it was a massive ordeal to let him back at the club! have fond memories of them both at global gathering 08 in the mixmag outdoor stage. lovely sunny day and was the first time i heard painted smile being played out. and i was lucky to see george play out again in bristol last year at dojo lounge. in classic commix style george was doing ballons behind the decks and getting mullered on md!

true pioneers of the scene. good luck in all future projects. dont be scared to come back and visit the dnb scene some time with some fresh beats!

This is his new stuff, pretty big in the scene at the moment. Own everything that he has released as Shifted, never realised he was part of Commix til recently

Just done a Resident Advisor podcast, pretty damn awesome http://www.hulkshare.com/aeli7his5j0m

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom