Guitar Plug-ins?

JimpaDirt

Vettvilling
VIP Junglist
Maybe not the kind of question you would think about posting on a drum & bass forum perhaps but you guys are usually very helpful! So - down to business...

I've had this idea for a track with some heavy metal riffs involved.. I tried just the other day to mic up my amplifier but it gets quite messy to be honest as my amp is really noisy. I also tried to record with a slightly less distorted sound and distort it afterwards in logic but, yeah.. it did not turn out as I wanted. So now I'm on the hunt for a decent amp plugin for mac, preferably a cheaper one that still makes the moneys worth buying it!

So if theres any guitarists out there, whats your method or plugin of choice? :)

I've started experimented with using NI guitar Rig on my basslines, I dunno how well it would work for actual guitar but thats what its designed for so i'd imagine very well :) its got a pretty good sound and you can link multiple effects together in a similar way to reason, worth a look dude :)

Guitar Rig is pretty sick! I only use the free version but you can still do a ton of sick stuff with it.

Have you tried using the Amp plugs and pedalboard that are integrated into Logic? I don't actually play guitar but they sound pretty badass when I use them on guitar sampler instruments.

Some(all?) of the line6 gear comes with a plugin. also acts as an interface. Probably not the cheapest option, dunno what they go for these days.

Maybe not the kind of question you would think about posting on a drum & bass forum perhaps but you guys are usually very helpful! So - down to business...

I've had this idea for a track with some heavy metal riffs involved.. I tried just the other day to mic up my amplifier but it gets quite messy to be honest as my amp is really noisy. I also tried to record with a slightly less distorted sound and distort it afterwards in logic but, yeah.. it did not turn out as I wanted. So now I'm on the hunt for a decent amp plugin for mac, preferably a cheaper one that still makes the moneys worth buying it!

So if theres any guitarists out there, whats your method or plugin of choice? :)

in logic pro 9 theres a good selection of plug ins for use with guitars, just go to the effect inserts strip of your chosen channel and click to insert a new effect, go to "Amps and Pedals" at the top of the list, there wil be a sub-list that comes off to the side...

12345en.png

If you've got a noisy Amp, have you thought about a guitar pedal with just an emulated out? I much prefer the sound a distortion pedal than plug in tbh (for guitar shredding anyway). Here's an example of a Black 13 pedal with no amps involved for the tones. It's a great pedal, and I'd say you could pick one cheap enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymcetG1ZQQI

Ok, so now I'm feeling stupid cuz I did not know that logic had build in ones lol! Guess I'm going to try them out before I'm buying anything at least. Ah yea, Guitar rig is the name of the plugin we used in school on my sound-tech class. I recon it was quite decent actually!
I have been thinking about picking up a pedal as well. Many of my friends use the metalcore ml-2, witch sounds really good!
Ty for your help guys :)

Logic's guitar plugs (amps, stompboxes, etc.) are quite good. However, Peavey's Revalver is my personal favorite.

Back
Top Bottom