Guitar Pedals

Lucider

I've always wanted to setup some guitar pedals cause they're so much cheaper than rack gear. Anyone had luck with this? I think an analog-ish distortion could be satisfying.

My main interest is the Boss Flanger, I think BF-2, that uses a "bucket-brigade-chip" so that it should sound closer to analog tape flanging - anyone got experience with that or possibly some sweet analog phasers?

BTW, I see no point in buying newer pedals that use digital effects (as in A/D ->effect -> D/A), IMO.

I've loads of pedals since i play in a post rock/post metal band. I've got a boss re-20 space echo which is lovely (and stereo so it fits in well with studio work too, thanks boss). Boss GE7 is also really handy to have. We have a couple of homemade things too, a tubescreamer clone, a phaser and a hotbox tube distortion (bit too high gain for my tastes). I've tested them all for dnb but the tubescreamer and re20 are the only one's I'd regularly use for that.

A good tip is to get friendly with your local guitar shop and see if you can borrow things from them. My shop recognises me and since I buy stuff from time to time they let me buy gear and bring it home to test in a familiar envrionment. If I don't like it I can return it and get my money back. You'll probably want to go through loads of pedals before you settle on something that gives you that particular tone you want, so being able to borrow or test stuff is very helpful. Ask at the store, its common for people to want to try things at home (where they have their own expensive guitar and amp and familiar listening environment, other pedals, etc).

Last edited:
I'm getting sort of curious about some kind of line6 amp/cab modelling pedal. To give a bit of character to the bass sounds. Running them through amplitube is usually pretty fun, so if anyone has experience with a line6 pod thing lets hear about it..

I'm getting sort of curious about some kind of line6 amp/cab modelling pedal. To give a bit of character to the bass sounds. Running them through amplitube is usually pretty fun, so if anyone has experience with a line6 pod thing lets hear about it..
The Line 6 line of products are very good and relatively affordable. The lower priced pedal units are quite good, however, once you've given the Line 6 POD HD500 a test drive, you'll turn your nose down at all the other choices. It has, by far, the best quality of all its little brothers.

Cheers.

Well, I haven't bothered yet but thanks for all the tips. If anyone finds something killer in the analog realm (personally I don't see a reason to get a Line 6 digital unit) let us know.

yeah im in the market for some more pedals. i got a boss delay and reverb from my guitar days but my aleisis midiverb eats them for breakfast. (plus they dont turn on at the moment, anyone know if theyre easy to repair)
let us know what youve found in the analog distortion dept..
been perving on Sherman Filterbanks wayy too much, also roland re 201 for some real delay but i really shouldn't cause ill end up with one of each

Back
Top Bottom