[Guitar!]Do you think this recording quality would be acceptable for Demos and stuff?

parsons19

VIP Junglist
Howdy,

didn't whack this in the New tunes section as it ain't really a tune :lol: This is me on my guitar, improvising, doing metal stuff. I just wanted to know what people thought of the quality of the recording :) I haven't written a tune on guitar in a million years and want to do some stuff again, just don't know what people would think if I tried pushing stuff out of this sound quality :lol:

Also Feedback on my playing is always welcome ;) not sure if any of you knew I was a guitarist! :P

Jordan

Re: [Guitar!]Do you think this recording quality would be acceptable for Demos and st

sounds cool well the riff does
but if i was u id try an get a bit of a clearer sound
sounds kinda muffled
wish i could play guitar like that sounds kinda like pantera in places

Re: [Guitar!]Do you think this recording quality would be acceptable for Demos and st

Nice riff dude. Although yeah it is very muffled.

On a side note, can you play the guitar like Jules Santana? Cos I really wouldnt mind getting some guitar riffs to use in some tracks, but not so metal orientated? more like the latina stylee?

Scoop the middle a bit more maybe...Sound is good tho'. Obviously not DnB, so you'd get better feedback on a metal forum. Definitely demo material. What gear you using btw?

wow man didnt know you could shred. its good man, just up the highs a little. your artificial harmonics are really good. i just bought me a guitar and going to do black metal project but playing the guitar is hard and so is shrieking.

some real nice bits in there man. you're recording with a mic in front of an amp right? What gear are you using? fx unit?
Can hear the pick on the strings coming through, which makes it sound like it's recorded sitting real close to the amp in a bedroom. Not sure if that's important.

Have you produced anything much using metal guitar riffs, want to hear it if you have (y)

Wow, thanks for all the positive feedback! :D I will work on the recording quality a bit more soon. Just wanted to share this one too, I added a Drum Loop using One Shot Samples :lol:

Now to answer a few questions :)

Fletch - Would love to contribute on a track! I am pretty flexible, will look into Jules in more depth and get back to you on that one, can't promise anything yet.

Robomobius (& a bit of Subprime) - Believe it or not I am using a Guitar Hero USB Microphone. I wanted to get a USB Mic a while ago so I could record some stuff to sample then I remembered the other night that Guitar Hero used a USB one, didn't see the harm in trying and ended up doing some guitar! I have the Mic setup as an input on Cubase 4 and just record into that :)

logikz - Cheers dude! Thanks for the compliments on harmonics, took me a while to get those down, still not quite perfect everytime :lol: Keep me posted on you Metal project! :)

subprime - Yep, got the mic infront of the amp :P (Marshall JCM2000 TSL602 into a BOSS ME-50 Effects Pedal, beastly pedal by the way if your a guitarist). You are correct that I am just in my bedroom and I did pick up on the pick click (that rhymes! :lol: ) Resolved this in the next recording above by simply sitting away from the mic, haha :P

As for other work. I haven't actually produced myself (as in done the whole process, want to soon though!) But when I was in my band during GCSEs we made a Demo before I got into any of the producing stuff :)

There are two tracks on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aawZwfPpzPU&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4qOi-_K-CU&feature=BFa&list=ULaawZwfPpzPU&lf=mfu_in_order

That first one was written in 2009 when I would have been 13/14 ish. The second was written in about 10 minutes on the day of recording, which was August 2010 sometime. Production, Mixing and Mastering wise I think you guys may find it rather average, bass is a bit too high and the cymbals really didn't come through so you didn't get the raw agression you would here from some of our early mobile phone recordings!

Here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA53m2yLg2c&feature=related

Sorry to bombard you all with links :lol: The band is over now so I am hidden behind my laptop making tunes most of the time and will get some new electronic stuff done soon ;) This is dnbforum after all!

Will get back to you soon Fletch, Cheers. :D

---------- Post added at 16:53 ---------- Previous post was at 16:45 ----------

Just to add,

Fletch, I could be totally wrong but did you mean Carlos Santanna? I did a quick search for Jules Santanna on Youtube and he is some Rap/Hip Hop dude. Flick us a link to something if you want :)

Lol yeah sorry dude, was late when I posted that and was heading off to bed, didnt really think about what I was typing.....You are correct....Carlos Santana is indeed who I meant ;)

And I dont neccessarily mean the intricacy of his riff's....more the general sound of the guitar.

Haha, no worries man :) I can probably get a recording up of me having just a quick little muck around doing some cleaner stuff in a similar style later tonight. Going to have a bit of din dins and that first and will see what I can do :)

Here you go mate :D

It is sort of Santana style, but kind of not :lol: This is just what ends up happening when I play clean guitar as I am primarily a heavy man! haha

Ummm, still a slight fuzz there, if you want something proper done I will resolve this of course. Ummm, I used a touch of reverb and towards the end put some delay on. I can be less, or more, effect heavy if you want. And apoligies for the sniffing and coughing in some parts. I have a cold... :(

Yeah thats the sort of sound I'm after....definately!

Reckon you can get a solid riff together? that lasts say an average of 16 bars? then change it slightly for another 16? If so I'll definately use it in a track and give credits to you for it!

If you can do this, please can you leave it dry, no verb or delay or FX at all....I'll do that this end. Oh, and tell me what key it's gonna be in too!

Awesome dude! Yeah I was actually going to suggest doing the effects in the DAW yourself, I must be learning ;D So yeah, I will do that :) I think I am correct in saying you said to me you work in D Minor most of the time? I will work to that if you want :)

Ummm, think that is about it! Will get it done soon :) Xmas holidays coming up so will have plenty of time.

---------- Post added at 19:37 ---------- Previous post was at 19:36 ----------

Ohhhh, do you know what tempo you will be using? Just so I can get it to 16 bars :)

Do you record by microphone or do you line it trough a soundcard? cuz I play guitar myself and I've noticed that when i line it, it gets muffled. It's probably just the quality of my soundcard. But if you are lining it,it may be worth to try out to rig some mics to your amplifier. ^.-

Just a USB Mic so if I am honest I don't really know how it works! I am just running on a laptop so don't have a different Soundcard or anything, no monitors for my tunes either ! :/

Could do with saving some cash and getting a proper nice set up :D

Play it in whatever key you see fit, and I'll work to those specs, it's not a problem. Same goes for tempo, I can timestretch pretty easily in Ableton so as long as it's reasonable (say anywhere between 90 - 180 bpm) I can work with it.

id like a nice chunky metal riff please!lol
round 85 bpm
get to it dawg

id like a nice chunky metal riff please!lol
round 85 bpm
get to it dawg

Haha! Parsons mate, you're gonna wish you never started this thread now lol! Peeps are gonna be wanting personalised riff's everywhere now!

BTW.....Marlok.......Wait ya feckin turn! ;)

Ahaa, it will be a chance for me to get a bit of geeeetar skill back :) Haven't played it properly in months!

Will get to yours soon fletch :D

Do you honestly want something done Marlok? :) Give me a few more specifics and I will do something if you want!

Yeah no rush fella, whenever ya gots time. I understand tis the festive period so peeps are busy busy busy!

Back
Top Bottom